Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That deluxe skin looks more appropriate for Saryn than Khora

Jarriaga

I'd like to begin by clarifying that I'm a Khora main and don't use Saryn at all. 

I just feel like this deluxe skin with the flower motif does not fit Khora. I know DE won't likely answer questions related to their thought process with deluxe skins but I'm having a hard time accepting that this is for Khora. 

• Like 1

I can kinda see it fit, whip, thorns, etc.

It sitll looks out of place thou i agree, they seem to have a lot of flowers in mind lately overall, Wisp alos seems more flower based then a Ghost with her powers also.

• Like 1

Eh, they're both "Flowers with Thorns". Pretty Women that possess deadly Skills/Abilities. The skin fits them both pretty well, only difference is Khora gets to choose what her thorns look like.

(If anything though, I'm hoping the strangle-dome gets sharp little flowers on its intersecting points, and a more vine-like looking chain design.)

• Like 4

Well that's just too bad bucko, really.

Even after all the dust people kicked up over embers chicken little deluxe replacement from the previous fired artists deluxe idea. Nothing will change. 

You can add it to the artwork feedback forum though. 

7 hours ago, Marine027 said:

I can kinda see it fit, whip, thorns, etc.

It sitll looks out of place thou i agree, they seem to have a lot of flowers in mind lately overall, Wisp alos seems more flower based then a Ghost with her powers also.

6 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Eh, they're both "Flowers with Thorns". Pretty Women that possess deadly Skills/Abilities. The skin fits them both pretty well, only difference is Khora gets to choose what her thorns look like.

(If anything though, I'm hoping the strangle-dome gets sharp little flowers on its intersecting points, and a more vine-like looking chain design.)

6 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Its like you've never seen a story where plant vines tie people up. It fits Khora pretty well

I see where you´re all coming from and I considered it as well, but a spider motif could have worked just as well, and Khora´s base design and colors plus the chains and net are all reminiscent of a spider. That would have avoided being repetitive by not ¨sharing¨a motif with a different frame. I guess it is what it is and it´s down me waiting for a second deluxe skin years from now.

6 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

"That deluxe skin I like it so I want it on my favourite nuke frame instead, bear with me for a bit while i find hilarious excuses on the design choices"

You are free to attribute malice to my posting intention and you are free to open my in-game profile and see my usage and kill count for both Saryns combined vs. Khora.

Don´t be a prejudiced douchebag. Attributing malice to someone else says a lot more about you.

6 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

You made a mistake, accept it like a man and move on..

OP, have you seen the Limbo skin that looks like something made for Reverent? Yeah don't think too hard about it lol, DE sometimes makes questionable choices and are too stubborn to change their minds

Yes, I can´t argue with this point. The Limbo skin is a precedent for a deluxe skin with a theme that belongs to a different frame. I had forgotten about it.

I guess it is what it is. At least there´s a Mithra TennoGen skin coming for Khora, which makes me happy. Still I´m hoping for that ¨Fierce¨ skin to be revised and approved for next round since it looks badass. 

Edited by Jarriaga

Deluxe skins are not meant to follow the original thematic necessarily, but rather take an alternative look at the Warframe. Some are more abstract than others, such as Khora or Trinity, while others are closer to the original theme but more refined such as Oberon or Nekros.

• Like 2

I don't have problem with deluxe skins at all it is depends on the taste what fits to it or not. I personally feel we need a standalone plant based frame and there are 3-4 good concept for it but those still not used for a plant based frame. DE is famous to garbage concepts and lend 1-2 aspect of them for their mixed frames. I think if they needs ideas then they can just look at the fan concept segment. There is a lot of good idea and this skin is reminds slighty to Flora. 

The theme maybe, but the actual design fits Khorra well and it looks good so who cares? One of the strengths of deluxes is we can experiment with different styles and themes on frames that otherwise may not have had such options. Saryn has a flower deluxe, how bland would it be to just keep doing that over and over for her? Let's explore creativity. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I'd like to begin by clarifying that I'm a Khora main and don't use Saryn at all. 

I just feel like this deluxe skin with the flower motif does not fit Khora. I know DE won't likely answer questions related to their thought process with deluxe skins but I'm having a hard time accepting that this is for Khora. 

I disagree. Deluxe skins are always a different take/change or enhancement of the theme of the warframe. This is no different, both Saryn and Khora's deluxe has a plant motif but shows a completely different meaning. 

Saryn looks more like a poisonous flower while Khora gives the theme of a rose with thorns that is very apparent in her deluxe. It goes well with her and I think of it as an organic take on the chain-wielding warframe.

Image result for saryn deluxe concept18d01015d0750357d67ca5dd079daab9.jpg

I have to say tho, is it me or did Liger's art looks especially beautiful/more pronounced in for khora's deluxe.

• Like 5

I had the stream muted on my second monitor, not really paying much attention, and when I saw that artwork I perked up and turned the sound on. I heard the word "Venari" and turned it off again.

Edited by SordidDreams

I disagree that it's a skin for Saryn. Deluxe skins are a great way to give Warframes an different look/style. I love the prime and deluxe for Trinity and i love that they feel and look very different and unique from one another. I think DE has hit a pretty good stride when it comes to making deluxe skins feel deluxe. I just wish they also found a good way to make the prime items feel truly prime given what they insist on charging for them.

I look forward to seeing this particular skin in the game. My Khora is ready.

8 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Make it a spider.  #problemsolver

1 hour ago, wargthewarg said:

I disagree that it's a skin for Saryn. Deluxe skins are a great way to give Warframes an different look/style. I love the prime and deluxe for Trinity and i love that they feel and look very different and unique from one another. I think DE has hit a pretty good stride when it comes to making deluxe skins feel deluxe. I just wish they also found a good way to make the prime items feel truly prime given what they insist on charging for them.

I look forward to seeing this particular skin in the game. My Khora is ready.

Trinity's deluxe skin is still within her theme and role though. Strega means witch, and mystical abilities fit trinity as a healer and energy vampire. 

It's just that so far, Liger Inuzuka's deluxe skins have so far been a badass amplification of the base frame's theme. 

- Evolution and grotesqueness for Nidus

- Chinese mythology fire for Nezha

- Solid rock for Atlas

Khora broke that mold. I expected something more badass rather than artistic. 

8 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

"That deluxe skin I like it so I want it on my favourite nuke frame instead, bear with me for a bit while i find hilarious excuses on the design choices"

Did you even look at the design?  Her arms and legs have overlapping scales that look a lot like flower petals or thick spiny leaves (like an agave plant.)  There's a similar motif across the chest.  Saryn is generally considered to be the plant/poison based Waframe.  Khora's theme seems to loosely be whips, chains, and spiders with a random side helping of crazy cat lady.  (I'm pretty sure the overall body shape is meant to suggest a spider, and she has a unique syandanna option that adds four small projections to her back that could easily be seen as symbolic / vestigial spider legs.)  Since the Deluxe skin seems to have a "flowers and leaves" motif, it seems kind of out of left field to give it to Khora.

Geoff (The art director) likes it, the concept art has been accepted and for all we know work has begun. So there will be no theme change, it's a done deal. (Short of Liger suddenly turning into an unprofessional *^&%£^&)

There have been designs I didn't think worked and those didn't change either. So past evidence tells us there is no way that this is going to get scrapped or reassigned, so IMHO your options are get bitter or make peace with it.

Edited by SilentMobius

28 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Geoff (The art director) likes it, the concept art has been accepted and for all we know work has begun. So there will be no theme change, it's a done deal. (Short of Liger suddenly turning into an unprofessional *^&%£^&)

There have been designs I didn't think worked and those didn't change either. So past evidence tells us there is no way that this is going to get scrapped or reassigned, so IMHO your options are get bitter or make peace with it.

While I am certain they won't scrap it and modeling has begun, I see no reason why they can't assign it to Saryn or Wisp or a future plant frame. My issue is not with the design per se, but rather who it is tied to. Khora should have a spider themed skin.

• Like 1

I agree. Her deluxe doesn't scream "dominating cat-woman" and definitely looks more like something that would be for Saryn.

Maybe had those petals and flower stuff been replaced with some BDSM accessory stuff. And some fur trim perhaps as well. I also say that cause I wonder how the game would handle fur texture on a frame.

Edited by (PS4)FatMacBrbn