Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your favourite underrated weapon?

Without knowing your play style and frame use, this is a LOL exercise for funzies:

Here are 6 of my favorite “non-meta” forma’d weapons:

P:

Supra Vandal with Entropy Mod for energy

Aerial AW carpet bomb assault or Assimilate ”Ground Zero” Nyx:

Max Multishot Zarr (with Max multishot Kulstar a bonus)

S:  

Atomos with splash damage Viral/radiation

”Hushed” Arca Scisco in PoE

M:

Twin Basolk with Ground-Slam attack focus.

Speed Balla Zaw with Stinging Thorn stance

• Like 1

Maybe not underrated in that it's some really amazing weapon, but I really love all of the dagger weapons. Ceramic Dagger and Fang Prime in particular are two of my favorite weapons. Using them just feels good, even if they're objectively inferior to greatswords cleaving through entire rooms of enemies..

Zhuge, Shaku hold a special place. 

I prefer the less appealing bolt action style fire modes on Stadavar and other weapons. 

I'm probably going to put some love into Embolus soon.

Ive made a vow to buy weapon slots before rushing a new weapon. Many unique things about weapons get passed unknowingly. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Grinlok. not a meta weapon, but it's incredibly strong with a little investment, and the Prisma version is awesome.

The prisma version(with a riven) is a meta weapon, the only problem is that people don't understand it...

Battacor and Scourge. Former's very effective against almost anything with a viral Hunter Munition's build, and has enough accuracy to pick enemies at long ranges. And the laser's also plenty powerful. Scourge, on the other hand, is extremely effective against Grineer but less so against everything else. Viral + Corrosive + Radiation = Bonus damage to enemies with very low EHP. Pity it doesn't work against Corpus though.

I'm not sure if Opticor Vandal is Underrated, but it's also a good one. And so is Exergis.

Y'know, it occurs to me that I equip almost all of my weapons with Viral unless they're Status weapons with no slash.

Miter anyone? That blade spitting rifle is quite something with a good riv. Quanta vandal can be an impressive weapon. Braton prime with a good riv can rival a lot of Hunter Munitions crit builds. The list could go on, and on...

what really matters, is how you understand the modding system. If you have all currently avalilable Primed/powerful mods at max, then you can make almost anything in the game "OP"

Braton Prime - Its a so-so weapon, but not so weak eather.

Boar Prime - It is not a meta weapon but you know its proc rate is high enough that able to reach 100% status without multishot, and is has automatic trigger.

Secura Penta - A fun weapon, although annoying a bit to use for you are constantly need to detonate it.

Scourge - Its damage is weak, but it can be modded to corrosive&virus and it has small blast, means it is not a bad weapon against Grineers.

Zarr - An another fun weapon, able to play battery or dispatch the enemy by shotgun mod on the close distance.

Atomos - Good weapon against a bunch of stacked enemy, such as Infested.

Fusilai - It can proc slash and its damage is very high.

Pox - Although you need Carrier and Ammo Case in order to use the flawed weapon, but its performance is amazing. Its very high proc rate, 100% poison proc in addition to its normal proc rate, area of effect and leaves the cloud that lasts for few seconds, single element weapon that is poison, and automatic trigger means it is actually a very powerful weapon. It is the bane of corpus that able to melt even sortie level corpus enemies at ease, and also very effective against Grineers as well.

8 hours ago, (XB1)TwitchingFool0 said:

Panthera and Ninkondi

Panthera looked interesting, real Gears of war stuff, but it wasn't built with a controller in mind, using the blade alt fire means you can't look around since you're mashing the right stick the whole time. Really hope they make all those secondary fires a toggle instead of press and hold or press to use

15 hours ago, hendrix923 said:

Secondary:  The Aksomatis with riven for electricity and toxin for lots of corrosive. Those put rounds on target fast and hard.

I got a riven with crit damage and +elec....with a crit build I'm getting x10.5 same on crit...really enjoyable