Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semlar's riven finder is live again!

METAHUMVN

I'm sure many of you know already but Semlar's riven finder is now up again. For a while it was just that mysterious DavidRivenBot Twitch channel (which I must admit, it looks like pure sorcery) but now it's actually live. I'm not sure when exactly the tool went live again but it's even better than ever before. 

https://semlar.com/trade

https://www.twitch.tv/davidrivenbot

Edited by METAHUMVN

I just wonder what will happen now... Wasn't Semlar, as all others, forbidden to create such tools? Didn't Semlar even apologize at the request of DE and told he would not do it again? Because DE was going to make an official tracker available?

Not that it's bad, but this seems like he's breaking the rules he agreed to previously. Even if that tracker is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

DE was going to make an official tracker available?

That's what they said, and then they didn't. All they provide is generic price data (i.e. "stradavar riven sold for 1k"), which is worthless without knowing the actual stats of the riven in question.

5 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That's what they said, and then they didn't. All they provide is generic price data (i.e. "stradavar riven sold for 1k"), which is worthless without knowing the actual stats of the riven in question.

Wait, so a tracker of sorts is available then? But it doesn't show detailed information like Semlar's? Well, that's pretty useless in my opinion... And well, it's very much like DE to promise something and then deliver it a different state than they advertise it as. In this case promising a tracker like Semlar's, but delivering just a shell of it, making it pretty useless comparing to the real thing. Doesn't seem far fetched to me, honestly.

I just hope nothing happens to Semlar's tracker, by DE or by any kind of riven mafia like before.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Wait, so a tracker of sorts is available then? But it doesn't show detailed information like Semlar's? Well, that's pretty useless in my opinion... And well, it's very much like DE to promise something and then deliver it a different state than they advertise it as. In this case promising a tracker like Semlar's, but delivering just a shell of it, making it pretty useless comparing to the real thing. Doesn't seem far fetched to me, honestly.

I just hope nothing happens to Semlar's tracker, by DE or by any kind of riven mafia like before.

Well it's 'available' in the same way that drop tables are available, i.e. as some impossible-to-remember URL that was announced in some long-forgotten forum post and then not advertised anywhere ever and as such remains unknown by the vast majority of players. All accoring to plan, I suspect. At least the drop tables do have useful info in them, the riven data is completely worthless.

Also, Semlar wasn't banned for making a riven tracker as such, he was banned for reverse-engineering Warframe's API and connecting to its chat servers with his own program. This new tracker, if it is indeed connected to that twitch channel, seems to just be recording the game window and then running OCR on it. And if that's the case, then it's pretty immaterial whether DE are comfortable with him doing that or not, because there's not a damn thing they can do to stop him.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I just wonder what will happen now... Wasn't Semlar, as all others, forbidden to create such tools? Didn't Semlar even apologize at the request of DE and told he would not do it again? Because DE was going to make an official tracker available? 

I just had a quick look at that twitch channel. Explanation is there: it's officially endorsed, within limits.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, METAHUMVN said:

I'm sure many of you know but Semlar's riven finder is now up again. For a while it was just that mysterious DavidRivenBot Twitch channel (which I must admit, looks like pure sorcery) but now it's actually live. I'm not sure when exactly the tool went live again but it's even better than ever before. 

https://semlar.com/trade

https://www.twitch.tv/davidrivenbot

Oh people linked to it some time during the last thread about riven trading, but people were so engrossed arguing about stuff that they just kept doing their own thing. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, METAHUMVN said:

but it's even better than ever before

Because it looks fancy now?

It is a bold statement that it is even better than before. 
It my look fancy, but the way search works it is absolute sheiteh compared to how it was before.