Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"This is high level, we are starting at 35" ....ehm, what? :D

DreisterDino

So, i was watching Devstream #127 today, and at ~47:50 when Rebecca has problems killing the enemies, and i think Sheldon asks "did you mod the weapon?", Reb replies with:

"I did, this is high level, so.. we are starting at 35" and later

"its gonna be tricky for players a little bit"...

She also says "scaling will be much faster", but if lvl35 is considered high, i really wonder what will be considered fast 😁

I think i have lost all faith at that exact moment that we will ever be able to face Sortie3-stage-lvl enemies without having to spend a long time in a mission... i just want to have missions that start at level 100 so i dont have to go through the boring warm-up part each time....

Ah let me say this upfront because one answer that always comes up when someone speaks about wanting high level content is "you just want exclusive rewards and feel like you are better then the casuals"....nope thats really not the case, i simply enjoy playing against tougher enemies a lot more... one example of high level content that is completly optional would be high-level-fissures (i suggested them already), meaning we get 4 endless missions that start at level 100. Nobody gets anything exclusive for doing this kind of content, nobody needs to feel forced to do it, you can get everything you get there in any other fissure aswell - but the ones that like to fight higher level enemies can do that.

Anyone else feels the same? I know it has been just a short sequence and a sentence, but it was enough to kill the bit of hope i had 😑

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 26

Well it looks like it is meant to be a standard star chart mission  so high level the way sedna is I guess.

DE's problem is they seem to be unwilling to put things behind content that is difficult for the casual player - and so long as thats the case, there will be no high level content.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

"you just want exclusive rewards and feel like you are better then the casuals"....nope thats really not the case, i simply enjoy playing against tougher enemies a lot more.

Inb4 people say high level isn't difficult. Seriously though in my experience your reasoning doesn't go too far on these forums. I wish it did because this game's way too easy but it doesn't. In my experience people will either complain that you're asking for exclusive rewards even though you specifically said you aren't, or they'll use that as a reason to say it'd be pointless. I agree with you though, although I do honestly feel there should be better rewards for any elite version of this mode. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Ah let me say this upfront because one answer that always comes up when someone speaks about wanting high level content is "you just want exclusive rewards and feel like you are better then the casuals"....nope thats really not the case, i simply enjoy playing against tougher enemies a lot more... one example of high level content that is completly optional would be high-level-fissures (i suggested them already), meaning we get 4 endless missions that start at level 100. Nobody gets anything exclusive for doing this kind of content, nobody needs to feel forced to do it, you can get everything you get there in any other fissure aswell - but the ones that like to fight higher level enemies can do that.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here, but I think if you do harder content you *should* get better rewards. You should be rewarded for playing better and doing harder stuff.

I'm not the kind of player who would play those kinds of more difficult modes, I enjoy the game from a perspective of being a badass space ninja looking cool and fudging around, but even still I don't see the issue of encouraging and rewarding higher tier play.

Maybe don't have exclusives rewards but boost the chances of rare rewards, or offer a CCCC rotation instead of AABC? I don't know.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

I'm pretty sure she means high level in relation to the average player. 

I'm sorry but in what alternate reality is level 35 high even for casuals? Even the easy open world enemies make a joke out of that. Until you break into endless modes where it's a downright low level, level 35 is as middling as a level comes in this game. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Firetrucksrule said:

I'm sorry but in what alternate reality is level 35 high even for casuals? Even the easy open world enemies make a joke out of that. Until you break into endless modes where it's a downright low level, level 35 is as middling as a level comes in this game. 

Level 35 is the level that enemies at Sedna spawn, the very last planet on the star chart (other than the special void missions). It's the most difficult starchart mission level, so as far as casuals like me are concerned that's pretty high level.

• Like 8

Or maybe you can wait and PLAY the mission when it releases, THEN complain about the starting level of it once you experience the Amalgam Enemies for the first time? Maybe? Or is that not Entitled enough for you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Level 35 is the level that enemies at Sedna spawn, the very last planet on the star chart (other than the special void missions). It's the most difficult starchart mission level, so as far as casuals like me are concerned that's pretty high level.

It comes up severely short of PoE and Fortuna bounties, kuva floods, arbitration, eso, high level index, sorties, endless runs and I'd be surprised if I'm not forgetting something. Level 35 is middling regardless of how seriously you play the game. Calling level 35s middling was considering the perspectives of a casual player. By any other measure its downright low. 

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Or maybe you can wait and PLAY the mission when it releases, THEN complain about the starting level of it once you experience the Amalgam Enemies for the first time? Maybe? Or is that not Entitled enough for you?

Or we could just provide feedback to content being teased so we hopefully don't have to complain when it launches? 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

that we will ever be able to face super-crazy-ultra-high-level enemies

Note: Something you can only do in this game by using Ultra-Kraft-Cheese tactics. (And when DE allows you to face "Ultra-High-Level" Enemies, BUT take away your ability to Cheese them, Everyone complains about it)

Edited by Tangent-Valley
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Firetrucksrule said:

Or we could just provide feedback to content being teased so we hopefully don't have to complain when it launches? 🤷‍♂️ 

Trying to have an objective opinion before testing it yourself?

6 minutes ago, Firetrucksrule said:

I completely understand that, but Reb said "The Enemies will scale faster than any other mission type", which I'm hoping they mean 150%-200% faster at least, BUT, I don't know yet.  So, I COULD complain about DE NOT making that the case right off the bat.....but I haven't exactly gotten to play/test the mission yet, so that would just come across as extremely Entitled. Much like this OP is sounding like right now.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
grammar
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

So, i was watching Devstream #127 today, and at ~47:50 when Rebecca has problems killing the enemies, and i think Sheldon asks "did you mod the weapon?", Reb replies with:

She also says "scaling will be much faster", but if lvl35 is considered high, i really wonder what will be considered fast 😁

I think i have lost all faith at that exact moment that we will ever be able to face Sortie3-stage-lvl enemies without having to spend a long time in a mission... i just want to have missions that start at level 100 so i dont have to go through the boring warm-up part each time....

Anyone else feels the same? I know it has been just a short sequence and a sentence, but it was enough to kill the bit of hope i had 😑

Edit: Btw, the new gamemode in general sounds interesting at least, but when it starts at level 35, i really couldnt care less about buffs or debuffs, because i dont notice any of those^^ Edit2: Although this is a normal starchart-mission, i think describing level 35 enemies as "high" is a little odd...not asking to put lvl 100 missions on the normal starchart also...just wanted to express that there is an even larger gap between the definitions of high-level than i thought before^^

Sorry to say that, but Reb is almost an off for me when it comes to this game. Casuals I run sorties with are better then this.

Here's my 2 cents for the OP:

This new mission type needs to be accessible enough for non-Ultra-Cheese "Veterans" and "End-gamers" to Start playing it, but it doesn't have to be so Pandering that it allows Anyone/Everyone to continue playing past 30 minutes. That's my belief, and I'm hoping that's how the "Faster Scaling" and new Amalgam Enemies proves to be.

If that's not the case, I'll complain right alongside you about getting it changed, but in the meantime, it doesn't make sense and comes across as Entitled to complain about the mission's difficulty before its even come out. (Like complaining right now that the Rail-Jack missions are WAY too pandering too new players and provide no difficulty what-so-ever, based solely on what we've seen at last years Tennocon and current Archwing missions.)

• Like 7

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Tangent-Valley:

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Tangent-Valley:

I completely understand that, but Reb said "The Enemies will scale faster than any other mission type", which I'm hoping they mean 150%-200% faster at least, BUT, I don't know yet.  So, I COULD complain about DE NOT making that the case right off the bat.....but I haven't exactly gotten to play/test the mission yet, so that would just come across as extremely Entitled. Much like this OP is sounding like right now.

Could you please try to read and understand what i have written before going into Rage-Mode and start calling me entitled and so on? Thx 😉

Everything that i was saying with this post is that i lost all hope that we might ge any gamemode that starts at level 100 for example, and i didnt say at any point that i want this gamemode to start at lvl 100 on the regular starchart! And my example was adding high-lvl-fissures, so completly non-exclusive-content with no exclusive rewards, just something optional on top that players like me that want to play on higher level can chose to do so.

Edit: And no, i dont think i have to wait and see how strong those amalgan enemies will be.

A lvl35 enemy will always be a lvl35 enemy.

And if an enemy appears to be "too strong for that level" (remember Fortuna release?), they will get adjusted so they are as strong as a regular lvl35 enemy.

Edited by DreisterDino

10 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Entitled seems like the wrong word. Maybe preemptive. You could've said the same thing about new enemies on Venus, and here we are cheesing those enemies. So, while not unreasonable for people to think that the new mode will be poultry, they should give it a chance first.

In the end I don't care about this. The endgame content should be the Tau system.

In my opinion

47 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Reminds me of the previous dev stream (I think) when she said the new eidolon ephemera would be awarded for doing some difficult task, and she gave two examples of what might be, capping a hydrolyst solo and capping a hundred hydrolysts. That made alarm bells ring in my head, because to me that suggests she doesn't know the difference between "difficult" and "tedious". IMO not really knowing the difference between those is one of the greatest problems DE has as a dev studio. So I'm not surprised she doesn't seem to know what "high level" is either.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 8

I've been saying this for over half of the game's life at this point. Damage needs to be revamped entirely (again) before we can have any meaningful end game. DE lost control of what their players can be reasonably expected to be capable of and the impact that has on their ability to design content is crippling.

• Like 3

It's an endless mission type available on the star chart, yes? 35 is relatively high considering they'll only get stronger from there.

Also making very high base level content, especially endless content, makes the cracks in the game's systems painfully obvious.

I'd say it's less about difficulty and more about how strict meta and outright viability gets going into such content as well as issues with the armor and damage scaling enemies have at those points. When high level really just comes down to bullet sponges and one-shots it isn't really that engaging for a lot of players.

This game would need ground-up reworks to a lot of systems in order to properly accommodate what endurance players consider to be high-level. Unless DE takes the route of embracing the faults in their systems and makes them work to their benefit (encouraging stricter metas and min-maxing play styles) but I don't see that as very likely.

Edited by trst
  • Like 3