Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"This is high level, we are starting at 35" ....ehm, what? :D

DreisterDino

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Then stop eating there...if ya don't like the crap they serve.

Don't sit outside and picket the place constantly, getting in the way of people who DO enjoy it, when there are other pizzerias down the street.

It's like you're just not happy that people like something that you don't. 

I just wish that people like the guy you quoted could stop making bad food analogies.

He'd be more correct in "Its as if a pizzeria hands out free meals but you've eaten there too much so it tastes stale".

Did someone call racism lol? Chinese is a nationality - and doing what makes them money doesn't make them any more greedy than a company anywhere else. What a strange accusation. I should ignore it, but Asian is a race. China is a place... You're welcome.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
Typo: company auto corrected to country.
  • Like 1

SIGH

21 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

MR doesnt matter. Actual time spent playing matters. 

You can rush MR and know squat about the game.

You outright stated that MR doesnt matter at all.

On 2019-05-06 at 4:47 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

MR is a poor metric of experience or knowledge. It doesn't even directly measure how many weapons a person has levelled.

At this point i have to asume you share that opinion.

We discussed this back and forth for too long, i feel like im speaking to a brick wall. Im tired alright. I have to understand that noone of you are probebly on the same level of time investment, experience or interest to put effort into the game as i am. I have gived good argument for why MR matters when looking for experienced players and SneakyErvis neglected any argument with replies based on his opinion with no attempt to look at any of this from an outside view thus lost his credability entirely. Guzmantt have atleast understood the arguments but i have not even noticed up untill now that youre playing warframe on ps4 and i been told by a friend that the players on the psn and pc are widely diffrent. I can asure you that what i been arguing for is how it is on pc, i never played warframe on PS4. Im not even sure if warframe players on PS4 commit to the game on the same level.

From a view of somone who takes efficiency with pre-made groups on a more serious level will generally look for higher MR players when recruiting for a reason i have already explained time and again, this ultimately leads "MR does matter". This is very hard to see from a casual players view though.

At this moment i dont feel like throwing same arguments worded diffrently has any point, im dropping it, i dont see any use in this anymore. I do hope you dont change your mind when youre in my position sometime if you ever get there.

4 minutes ago, Facadedestroyer said:

hes already there from the look of it.

Noone of the 2 players i mainly argues with are at my level of experience, skill, time investment or will to put effort in the game. If they get there they will most likely understand what i mean. This makes me sound like an elitist but if we compare this to being a Car mechanic then im literally the old master who worked for years and loved every moment of it and have a ton of experience and skill while they are the newer mechanic thinking they know more.

Just now, Facadedestroyer said:

they're already there dude, but they refuse to take the stance that MR have anything to do with your skills in this game with is not even what we're discussing with them, and dont worry, i know how this game works from top to the bottom, ive seen it all and i know exactly where this game is going ever since that cursed chinise company get hold of those ''indie devs''.

if you've been playing this game for over a year and you still stuck at mr 16 then i am sorry but you're not playing warframe, not that often anyway.

I guess, maybe they are. My brother played since 2013 too, still playes then and then, hes mr16 and ironicly quite experienced due to having me spoonfeeding him everything he needs to know, hes also got a high affinity for learning new things and act on it. Now if i somehow can get him to play anything else than rhino.

*Looks at 41% played on Rhino Prime and 39% on Rhino*

I would like if they didn't block match making after so many waves! If a player leaves there will be no more fill ins...why? As if any of these levels are too difficult to grab hold of...

And please let me put focus in my relics on the spot if I have focus....instead going out of the menu to go back into the same menu (overlapping insanity).

Just now, Illithar said:

399.jpg 

I can already hear what my brother would say to this word for word.

"HERESY!?! IT CANT BE HERESY, RHINO IS GOD HIMSELF"

*Yeets off in the distance with 2.06 sprint speed modifier*

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just wish that people like the guy you quoted could stop making bad food analogies.

He'd be more correct in "Its as if a pizzeria hands out free meals but you've eaten there too much so it tastes stale".

Right, to which I'd reply the exact same.

People just can't come to terms with being "finished" with things these days.  They demand the world change or come to them, rather than they ,themselves, moving on from things that no longer entertain them and finding something else.  That's unhealthy.

It's like staying in a bad relationship, blaming each other for not liking the other, and trying to force the other to change to suit what you want...rather than just splitting up and finding that special someone out there who ALREADY feels the way you do.

Why don't people get this?

3 hours ago, Facadedestroyer said:

care to explain how ? 

lol ! you talk about game industry and how we dont know how those ''indie devs'' are suffering and needs our money to feed they're kids and totally forgetting that every crocked company out here have a chinise company as a parent and the prime example of that is tencent with own epic and they're backing them on fuking over steam users and vavle by buying exclusives games and even studios just so we're forced to use they're bs game launcher that is so consumer unfriendly and spy on your device and scan your steam files and all of that, they care about money more than anything else, thats all i need to know, whatever happen to DE baby that they care so much about and put care and effort into it eh ? gone to the crapper in favor of making more bucks.

dude you you're talking from the view point that we're apes when it comes to how the gaming industry works, who the hell asked for free crap ? did you ever see DE give 
PA for hundress of players for free ? nope and we never asked for that, we're asking them to give a crap about they're game and put more effort, they have all the money now so why are we getting less as consumers ? 

speaking about blowing things out of proportion you seems to be doing that on every level lol ! i dare you to quote a single sentence of me saying in any way shape or form ''DE give me free slots and potatos and formas'' and if you dont then you're crippling my ability to play your game, go ahead.

you whiteknight them by making us sympathize with them and how they have bills to pay but when i do the same and tell you that we didnt find that money on a tree and we also need healthcare and food then you tell me that they're not responsible for my health care ? talk about hypocrisy.

since you fail to understand what i mean let me give it to you easy way: i am asking them to give us better product for the money they keep ripping left and right, we're not getting our money worth, this game is going the crapper, no end game, no core mechanics fixes, more rushed content and frames, broken promises and no game direction or principles.

also PA that drops without any trailer with show you how much profit they want to maximize, it drop without any lore and low quality at that, primed sugatras everywhere, and never ever give the consumer what they want, no matter how much they beg, and i am talking about the cosmetics packages here that we never get until a single big youtuber open his mouth and they gave it to us in less than a week.

id does not works like that, they're using our good will to monetize us, what i if i am a cult member fanboy and i want to give them money but i check the PA and see that its quality is crap on every level ? what then ? and the thing i hate the most is the '' holding a gun to your head'' exuese i mean no sht sherlock they're not forcing me to buy it nor its mandatory but it does not change the fact that they still ask you money for it and the fashion frame is a big part of this game, just because i am not buying it does not mean i dont have the right criticize it, Jim F Sterling did it without buying jack and they still listen to him on the spot, think about that.

also remember that casuals dont think like that, they buy crap no matter what and DE knows it, but what if i am not a casuals who is not careful with his money and want a better option on how do i throw my money at them ? why my voice is uheared ? what does it take for them to listen to me ?

did you read my name ? did it ring any bell for you ? they''re Devstream is scripted, nothing good comes out of it, just promises that never comes true and when they do they're utter trash, they're not the only one who does a devstream okay pal ? they're not unique or ''honest'' like you're making it out to be, they still stab the hell outta you if given the chance.

yes not all costumers are satisfied, but in the PA and PA Vault case almost everyone even the Whiteknight partners are calling them out on it, you dont get to ask for a full price of new AAA games for a crappy product that took you a month or less to make altogether, this just shady especially when you factor in the state the game is in right now.

holy fuking sht ! its finally here, a self incriminating evidence, the proof that you're not some guy in the side line who is just trying to talk reason into our heads, you are a full on meatloaf eater whiteknight, and elite one at that.

did it pass your mind that even freaking steve said that hema cost was a mistake and not intended once he realize that his ''pride and accomplishment'' is not working out ? yet we have you here defending this, over 15k of mutagen samples are not just a timesink, they're a freaking rare resource just like orokin cells, its bs on every level.

and its amazing to see you using ''ghost'' clan as an example of how easy its because in your book theres no other tiers of clans that require even more bs costs and totally theres nothing called Moon clan that even with full capacity active you will still have problems because not everybody have time to farm and donate that cancer resource.

and how the hell do you claim that its a timesink and a goal when you can skip that shiit with a single stroke of yoru credit card ? why is not our time respected ? what prime and accomplishment do you get when you buy that sucker from the in game market ? answer me genius.

thats some gaming industry knowledge right there lol, time walls are not content, plain and simple, they're only used excessively like this when you know that you as a dev have no creative ideas to make a sustained conent and the only way to make it interesting is to make it a cloak and dagger thing just like they did with the wolf of saturn, and investors will pull out of we build everything in a week (lol) but they will not do that if we all join hands on rushing stuff up with plats that almost equelst half the price of the thing you're rushing, flawless logic right.

its not relevant to the topic at hand and me not not begin ina business does not prevent me from criticizing one, especially when i do my research and know exactly what i am talking about.

yes we're bully, who bully devs who is racing around with Ferraris and living the high life off our back by voicing our feedback, and DE are not the nicest devs out there just because they're Canadians and host a devstream every two weeks.

it cost your time, and eventually your money, and it use crap ton of the first resource and you know that one is very very priceless.

and again using the ''not holding a gun to your head'' defense, you dont say, but you will fall for it sooner than later because this game is built around cosmetics and casuals.

they didnt put a gun to my head but they did starve me from content and rushed frames that only get fixed when theres a deluxe/prime skins ready to ship with it.

when they get criticized by rahetalius, they opened the hell gate of fanboys on him on twitter and they ganked him with them too until they realize that not everybody is on they're side especially partners and sane players so they doubled back and they still not apologize to him, just to show you how much unkind and unfair we're compared to them.

and they did sue a teenagers too lol, this one never gets old.

they better see it so they dont turn into a cult member who thinks that everything is roses and sunshine and theres totally nothing wrong with the game and the devs are the best peaple in the whole industry, i would not want this to them to be honest.

yes telling total lies with no facts to back them up is does nobody any favor, but i didnt do that did i ? 

that is because you're the shiniest white knight on white horse with white eyes and eyebrows, even your brain is whitey.

This comment is a special kind of dumb, so allow me a few moments while I muster the patience (and grab enough Ibuprofen) to respond..

First off, why ask if I'm going to explain, when I literally went on to explain in the very next sentence >.>  Are you just picking apart posts to attempt to look smart and clever? Don't. 

DE DOES give away 100s of PAs.  And tens of thousands of plat.  Literally every week, several times a week, heck...several times per stream at that!  Regardless of what YOU asked for, they still gave it.  You =/= the entire community.

Leyou =/= DE.  A parent company is not the same thing as THE company, itself.  In this case, Leyou is more or less just providing the funding at the cost of a share of the profits.  No different than a record label sponsoring a recording artist.  Does that give them creative control?  In some contracts, it can... if you've ever read the contract with DE, you'd see  that DE retains 100% creative control, however... so this point is moot.   I mean, youtubers have Patreons and KickStarters....Here you've got a financial backer in the form of Leyou.  Don't overthink it.

DE provided content. The rate at which you burn through it is your call, not theirs.  When they make things take longer, the community screams about it taking "too long".  When they make it short and sweet, the community complains it's "too easy".  But of COURSE, YOUR way is the only RIGHT answer, right? /s

Stop trying to polarize players so hard!  I'm under no illusion that DE, or any dev, is "perfect".  I am not saying the game has zero issues.  But the idea that they're some evil, greedy overlords bent on controlling us all against our  will ..is just a complete  fabrication, and I don't stand for outright lies and misrepresentation.  It isn't fair to them, it isn't right, and it's bad form.  It misrepresents the game to those new players, or prospective players, who read these things and poisons their initial impression...

Yes...Yes you told lies. You don't have proof, you have opinions.  Stop confusing them.

I don't even know how  to digest that really, REALLY bad insult... If someone agrees with you, they're smart, but anyone who disagrees is "white knight"?  Clearly you have no intent to discuss anything. 

Honestly, this thread needs to be locked.  It's nothing but toxicity at this point, and I'd like to think this community is better than that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

I would like if they didn't block match making after so many waves! If a player leaves there will be no more fill ins...why? As if any of these levels are too difficult to grab hold of...

And please let me put focus in my relics on the spot if I have focus....instead going out of the menu to go back into the same menu (overlapping insanity).

Because otherwise, leechers on Limbo in Rift would just sit there forever, people leaving, new people loading in, enabling endless missions, and possibly straining the servers.

Maybe having it go further than Wave 5 on Defense would be nice though, but yeah...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ziser said:

.At this point i have to asume you share that opinion.

Essentially. 

We discussed this back and forth for too long, i feel like im speaking to a brick wall. Im tired alright. I have to understand that noone of you are probebly on the same level of time investment, experience or interest to put effort into the game as i am. I have gived good argument for why MR matters when looking for experienced players and SneakyErvis neglected any argument with replies based on his opinion with no attempt to look at any of this from an outside view thus lost his credability entirely.

I've added the emphasis above, because THAT is what you have that I don't. It's not your MR that will put you ahead of me, it's your deeper experience and knowledge of areas that remain unfamiliar to me. If you started a new account with unlimited resources, and levelled up to MR 15 and had the same gear, you would still outclass me. I have no problem admitting that whatsoever. What you're contending is that because I passed one more MR test, I would be more experienced than you, and that's just not the case. 

One of the threads that had a profound impact on me months ago was a post made by a MR3 player who was stuck at the end of the star chart trying to find out if there's any way to bypass the MR5 requirement. I had been playing for months at that point and this dude made it clear that he was counting hours. Worse he said that he'd done the majority of it solo. I found out later on that it was a player who is obviously far more advanced, and more experienced than I am. I had more than twice the mastery of that MR3 but only a fraction of the experience. That's not a lesson that I'll forget any time soon. 

Guzmantt have atleast understood the arguments but i have not even noticed up untill now that youre playing warframe on ps4 and i been told by a friend that the players on the psn and pc are widely diffrent. I can asure you that what i been arguing for is how it is on pc, i never played warframe on PS4. Im not even sure if warframe players on PS4 commit to the game on the same level.

I have said plainly that I'm a casual player. I take my time, do what I enjoy, work on various things at my own pace. I've always continued levelling gear despite taking breaks from ranking up as I was working on other areas of the game. I've had people I play with make comments about how much they're progressing while I am not, because they were further in the starchart or a higher MR. Then when I started working on the starchart again I shot past them because my time had been spent improving my weapons or getting better mods.

Twice I've gotten the itch and jumped 3 to 4 ranks in about as many days. I can do something similar again at this point. In each case I was the same player before and after. My change in MR did not change my experience level or make me better than before. All it says is "here is someone who has passed a few more of these meaningless tests". 

From a view of somone who takes efficiency with pre-made groups on a more serious level will generally look for higher MR players when recruiting for a reason i have already explained time and again, this ultimately leads "MR does matter". This is very hard to see from a casual players view though.

And I've pointed out that "it really doesn't". You use it to discriminate, and that's your prerogative. But you, your brother and I are all proof that the player controlling the account can be more than their MR may suggest. 

At this moment i dont feel like throwing same arguments worded diffrently has any point, im dropping it, i dont see any use in this anymore. I do hope you dont change your mind when youre in my position sometime if you ever get there.

Have no fear. Like I said, I learned my lesson regarding MR not being a good metric for experience, and it left an indelible mark on me. 

Have a good one, Tenno. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ziser said:

I can already hear what my brother would say to this word for word.

"HERESY!?! IT CANT BE HERESY, RHINO IS GOD HIMSELF"

*Yeets off in the distance with 2.06 sprint speed modifier*

In all fairness I do really enjoy Rhino myself as well. But, having 80% of ones play time on essentially one frame is... impressive.

5 hours ago, Facadedestroyer said:

the video was uploaded on Wednesday, one day passed and it was the dev stream, do you know what happened in that devstream ?

Slight flaw with that argument: They were going to discuss that topic the week before (in fact, Rebecca was literally just starting the conversation), but the fire alarm went off, and the stream had to be cut short. Jim Sterling himself acknowledged this.

This is 13 pages already.. And like few actual posts on the topic XD. Let it be. 

From an mr27 that hunts eidolons pretty frequently (120ish hydro). 

Mr to some degree, around mr 15-16 is a useful stat as a staple "he has completed the bases of the game, he has probably basic knowledge of the game mechanics and a decent arsenal he knows how to use", but later on it doesnt really matter that much.. And i dont really care and actually never check it for anything. 

For tridolon i only check number of captures and sometimes amp/syndicate page. If you have less than 10 overall captures and mr25 i will just assume you are a complete newbie and know jack shyt about the hunt. I will be more happy to take for a more demanding run a mr12 with 30 captures than a mr25 with 10. Mr 12 has higher chances to at least write, ask and have a strong will to learn, accept requests. 

I have disgustingly skillful friends with mrs around 18-21, cause they are lazy with unimportant shyt and yeah some of them have mr tests for months and they dont do them. I know vets with 6000 hours+ and indepth knowledge of the game and even with ridicolous records on endurance runs playing sometimes on alt accounts with little to no mr, but capable more than most of mr25+ even with a lesser kit. 

There is no mmr in this game and mr is not based on skill so its usefulness is highly debatable. I for one never join groups that write "3x3+ mr 20+".. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Slight flaw with that argument: They were going to discuss that topic the week before (in fact, Rebecca was literally just starting the conversation), but the fire alarm went off, and the stream had to be cut short. Jim Sterling himself acknowledged this.

There have been several examples of massive outrage or reputation damage being the only way to cause actual change in Warframe. For example, Rahetalius' chat-moderator video caused the removal of the GotL program, further looking into DE's chat moderator problem (which they had denied and DIRECTLY supported people like Telluric [who is guilty of the stealing of several thousand dollars from a fellow Warframe player, a specific word combination being banned from region chat in relation to any frame that I'm not mentioning here for fear of a chat-ban {he also wanted ALL -phobic "insults" completely banned from ALL things related to DE}, selling copyrighted digital-extremes related material on third-party websites for real money, and other crimes]), as well as a Vauban rework (Rahetalius is THE vauban main).

And yes, Telluric was banned from Warframe far before that video existed, but DE hasn't (to my knowledge, and I've done extensive looking on both the forums and the sub-reddit) condemmned Telluric for his actions and what he has done. Plus many of the changes he made (everyone's favorite region-chat bannable offense being the biggest one) are still in the game. And there also other chat mods that are possibly worse (for example, there is a chat mod named friendzoningmisandrist, or now Misan for short). For those who don't know what "misandrist" is, it's defined as "a person who has a strong pejudice, or greatly hates males", the female form is "misogynist" (which btw, cannot be inputted as a name for an account).

The other big example is Vacuum Within, as well as the Brozime-Stop-Watch Incident.

Edited by KnightAgenta

1 hour ago, KnightAgenta said:

There have been several examples of massive outrage or reputation damage being the only way to cause actual change in Warframe. For example, Rahetalius' chat-moderator video caused the removal of the GotL program, further looking into DE's chat moderator problem (which they had denied and DIRECTLY supported people like Telluric [who is guilty of the stealing of several thousand dollars from a fellow Warframe player, a specific word combination being banned from region chat in relation to any frame that I'm not mentioning here for fear of a chat-ban {he also wanted ALL -phobic "insults" completely banned from ALL things related to DE}, selling copyrighted digital-extremes related material on third-party websites for real money, and other crimes]), as well as a Vauban rework (Rahetalius is THE vauban main).

And yes, Telluric was banned from Warframe far before that video existed, but DE hasn't (to my knowledge, and I've done extensive looking on both the forums and the sub-reddit) condemmned Telluric for his actions and what he has done. Plus many of the changes he made (everyone's favorite region-chat bannable offense being the biggest one) are still in the game. And there also other chat mods that are possibly worse (for example, there is a chat mod named friendzoningmisandrist, or now Misan for short). For those who don't know what "misandrist" is, it's defined as "a person who has a strong pejudice, or greatly hates males", the female form is "misogynist" (which btw, cannot be inputted as a name for an account).

The other big example is Vacuum Within, as well as the Brozime-Stop-Watch Incident.

The goings'-on's of DE's legal processes are not necessarily public proceedings.  They don't owe us any public condemnation of anyone.  That's honestly more slander than anything, and can land THEM in legal trouble if not careful.

They removed the problem, that should be enough.  Anything else demanded of the situation is purely to satiate one's ego at that point.

As for certain words, like Ackbar's fav...  DE probably figured it's best to leave it blocked (and rightly so)....and screennames? It's not hurting anyone.  Plenty of stupid screennames out there...

Regardless, damaging someone's reputation is NEVER the way to go about change.  Be an example of the way you want others to act...not the way you don't want them to act.

You tend to reap what you sow, and if you go around causing a riot just to get your way...it's only going to inspire more rioting, more hate and anger... That's not something a community should strive to be.

14 hours ago, Ziser said:

SIGH

You outright stated that MR doesnt matter at all.

At this point i have to asume you share that opinion.

We discussed this back and forth for too long, i feel like im speaking to a brick wall. Im tired alright. I have to understand that noone of you are probebly on the same level of time investment, experience or interest to put effort into the game as i am. I have gived good argument for why MR matters when looking for experienced players and SneakyErvis neglected any argument with replies based on his opinion with no attempt to look at any of this from an outside view thus lost his credability entirely. Guzmantt have atleast understood the arguments but i have not even noticed up untill now that youre playing warframe on ps4 and i been told by a friend that the players on the psn and pc are widely diffrent. I can asure you that what i been arguing for is how it is on pc, i never played warframe on PS4. Im not even sure if warframe players on PS4 commit to the game on the same level.

I should have probably specified it at first to "MR above 16 doesnt matter", but I thought it was common knowledge that when there are no more game changing rewards the extra mileage doesnt matter.

And we just have to agree on that we have personal views. I can give you that MRs are a good stepping stone to see where a player is at in their progression, but for me that dies out at MR12 in most cases (access to all useful weapons) and beyond 16 I dont care at all. You still need to inspect players properly to know what you get, the MR is simply a fancy bag hiding the possible pig inside. The reason you have consistancy with high MRs isnt because you are picking high MR players, it is because you use the recruit chat, where people go when they want to do something as a pre-made in general content, so they come prepared.

And dont be a kettle, you ask others to "look at it from the outside" yet you sit there bullheadedly stubborn refusing to do the exact same. In the end it comes down to personal preference, MR may matter for you, but there are many that it doesnt matter for. If I were to hunt tridolons and recruit for it I'd rather take a MR12 with 60 caps of each than a MR25 with 40 caps of each. Because those numbers would tell me much more than the difference between MR12 and MR25. At that point the MR12 would have had 50% more experience in tridolon hunts than the MR25.

Edited by SneakyErvin

10 hours ago, Facadedestroyer said:

we get that covered shorlock, they're investors who own the majority of DE shares, they have the say of how this game is monetized, 

Actually no, they dont, that has been covered long long ago in several different threads regarding Leyou's role.

They have no saying over the product, they have some influence over the company. Leyou didnt buy Warframe the IP, they bought DE and we dont know what that contract specifies at all regarding the company or the structure. Very likely Leyou has none or a low amount of members on the board of the company that is DE, not enough to change the course of the game or anything around it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Facadedestroyer said:

dude they have the majority of the shares, use that head of yours, if money is not coming in then they will 100% act, and they have the control of how the monetization is run, dont take us for a fool, they're not there for charity, DE didnt let themselves get absorbed by them for sht and giggles, they wanted money and so do they're papa company, they can fire and hire if it comes down to it, and how the hell is not monetization not tied to the game and how it runs ? it make no sense.

You are acting like they nickle and dime their players. There isn't anything in this game that affects the performance- and therefore outcome of my gameplay- that I can't obtain for free. I like cosmetics too, but geez man, why is this upsetting you so much? Maybe take a step back, take a breath, maybe take a break from the forums and games. This perspective you have is clearly ruining the game for you. I'm sorry that DE took 3 years to make a separate bundle for their cosmetics but they did it. Can we move on? Or do you have a more recent example of how DE is super evil to its players that you want to get off your chest?

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 1