DreisterDino

"This is high level, we are starting at 35" ....ehm, what? :D

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Ziser said:

SIGH

You outright stated that MR doesnt matter at all.

At this point i have to asume you share that opinion.

We discussed this back and forth for too long, i feel like im speaking to a brick wall. Im tired alright. I have to understand that noone of you are probebly on the same level of time investment, experience or interest to put effort into the game as i am. I have gived good argument for why MR matters when looking for experienced players and SneakyErvis neglected any argument with replies based on his opinion with no attempt to look at any of this from an outside view thus lost his credability entirely. Guzmantt have atleast understood the arguments but i have not even noticed up untill now that youre playing warframe on ps4 and i been told by a friend that the players on the psn and pc are widely diffrent. I can asure you that what i been arguing for is how it is on pc, i never played warframe on PS4. Im not even sure if warframe players on PS4 commit to the game on the same level.

From a view of somone who takes efficiency with pre-made groups on a more serious level will generally look for higher MR players when recruiting for a reason i have already explained time and again, this ultimately leads "MR does matter". This is very hard to see from a casual players view though.

At this moment i dont feel like throwing same arguments worded diffrently has any point, im dropping it, i dont see any use in this anymore. I do hope you dont change your mind when youre in my position sometime if you ever get there.

I should have probably specified it at first to "MR above 16 doesnt matter", but I thought it was common knowledge that when there are no more game changing rewards the extra mileage doesnt matter.

And we just have to agree on that we have personal views. I can give you that MRs are a good stepping stone to see where a player is at in their progression, but for me that dies out at MR12 in most cases (access to all useful weapons) and beyond 16 I dont care at all. You still need to inspect players properly to know what you get, the MR is simply a fancy bag hiding the possible pig inside. The reason you have consistancy with high MRs isnt because you are picking high MR players, it is because you use the recruit chat, where people go when they want to do something as a pre-made in general content, so they come prepared.

And dont be a kettle, you ask others to "look at it from the outside" yet you sit there bullheadedly stubborn refusing to do the exact same. In the end it comes down to personal preference, MR may matter for you, but there are many that it doesnt matter for. If I were to hunt tridolons and recruit for it I'd rather take a MR12 with 60 caps of each than a MR25 with 40 caps of each. Because those numbers would tell me much more than the difference between MR12 and MR25. At that point the MR12 would have had 50% more experience in tridolon hunts than the MR25.

Edited by SneakyErvin

10 hours ago, Facadedestroyer said:

we get that covered shorlock, they're investors who own the majority of DE shares, they have the say of how this game is monetized, 

Actually no, they dont, that has been covered long long ago in several different threads regarding Leyou's role.

They have no saying over the product, they have some influence over the company. Leyou didnt buy Warframe the IP, they bought DE and we dont know what that contract specifies at all regarding the company or the structure. Very likely Leyou has none or a low amount of members on the board of the company that is DE, not enough to change the course of the game or anything around it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You guys might not know this. but this game is balanced around level 30.-45 content.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Facadedestroyer said:

dude they have the majority of the shares, use that head of yours, if money is not coming in then they will 100% act, and they have the control of how the monetization is run, dont take us for a fool, they're not there for charity, DE didnt let themselves get absorbed by them for sht and giggles, they wanted money and so do they're papa company, they can fire and hire if it comes down to it, and how the hell is not monetization not tied to the game and how it runs ? it make no sense.

You are acting like they nickle and dime their players. There isn't anything in this game that affects the performance- and therefore outcome of my gameplay- that I can't obtain for free. I like cosmetics too, but geez man, why is this upsetting you so much? Maybe take a step back, take a breath, maybe take a break from the forums and games. This perspective you have is clearly ruining the game for you. I'm sorry that DE took 3 years to make a separate bundle for their cosmetics but they did it. Can we move on? Or do you have a more recent example of how DE is super evil to its players that you want to get off your chest?

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think when you really look at Rebb fighting you would see its harder than normal even though its only lvl35... so I think I would wait until it's released before going off on the Devstream teaser guys..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Medeucea said:

You guys might not know this. but this game is balanced around level 30.-45 content.

As In: anything at level 50 can be one-shotted by nearly any weapon or ability.

Oh and explain eidolons.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Oh and explain eidolons.

I think they mean the star map is balanced for leveling builds.

Eidolons being specific encounters so they are probably independently balanced to "push your builds to the limits", or so they imagine. Hence why they refer to Arbis, sorties and ESO as endgame because they are "far" above the "balanced" star chart levels.

In short they really need to rework their scaling and balance system, from enemies and frames to weapons and mods.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think they mean the star map is balanced for leveling builds.

Eidolons being specific encounters so they are probably independently balanced to "push your builds to the limits", or so they imagine. Hence why they refer to Arbis, sorties and ESO as endgame because they are "far" above the "balanced" star chart levels.

In short they really need to rework their scaling and balance system, from enemies and frames to weapons and mods.

Imo, balance has no place in warframe. My only think is that I'm hundreds of thousands of times more powerful than I was at day one - yet I'm not a blazing ball of power. This goes enemies too. I'm fine with infinite scaling and power if it makes sense. 

when i think of high level, i think of *2*35, not 35. 

two hundred thirty five.

dig? but yeah, highest i think i ever went was 320ish in a long index. i wanna be able to skip right to 100ish or thereabout.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-05-04 at 3:38 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

Or is that not Entitled enough for you?

That's toxic enough for me, that's for sure

15 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Oh and explain eidolons.

Around level 30 is when everything is fun and works. When you start exceeding that number things start getting more and more useless

Are you trying to say Eidolons are hard? Because they arent. The only thing hard about Eidolons is how we can defeat them in as short of a time as possible

19 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

I think when you really look at Rebb fighting you would see its harder than normal even though its only lvl35... so I think I would wait until it's released before going off on the Devstream teaser guys..

When you look at that footage you'll notice a few things:

- Rebecca's primary gun was basically unmodded. Even a Mk-1 Braton will do respectable damage when it's actually modded and there was no reason for her to not have done so.
- Rebecca's secondary was modded with a gimmicky, "fun," build which increased its fire rate and, very obviously, had reduced damage compared to a run-of-the-mill Hikou Prime build. This made it seem like the enemies were tougher than they actually were when she used it on them.
- Rebecca's melee was the Cobra and Crane. A weapon that's well known to actually be sub par, even fully modded to its strengths.
- Rebecca had god mode on and wasn't exactly trying to show off the content in its proper light. She was more showing the flow of the game mode and Wisps abilities in an actually relevant context.
- Rebecca is famous for not being exactly amazing at the game, skill wise. This is fine, of course, but the problem is that you can't judge difficulty by how she performs.

I'm not saying that the kit she used was purpose-chosen in order to make the enemies seem tougher but I really did get that vibe. This is especially evident when you look at the disparity between how much damage her weapons were doing versus her UNLEASHING THE POWER OF THE SUN.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Medeucea said:

Around level 30 is when everything is fun and works.

Are you trying to say Eidolons are hard? Because they arent. The only thing hard about Eidolons is how we can defeat them in as short of a time as possible

Around level 30 isn't the defining level of fun in my opinion. 

Eidolons arn't "hard", but they do not fit into the normal scaling. This was already resolved though.

16 minutes ago, Facadedestroyer said:

theres nothing here but Rebecca saying : this is high level so we're starting at 35.

will its something, i still not accept this because that what started this whole topic by the OP in the first place and dont tell me hes a casual because he started the game on the same year so you did.

didnt you say this is common knowledge ? didnt you say the devs have said it way back and everybody know about it ? 

seems like you didnt understand what i asked you so ill do it again, link me a video or a written text where DE said that level 35 is end game and we balanced the game around that.

Again, no one has said that level 35 is endgame, or that level 35 is the stopping point for balance. We simply point out that DE have said that the game is balanced around the star chart and not endless missions beyond rota C. Hence why we have 1HKs higher up and we mow through everything on the star chart and higher up aswell. This has been part of the game since the beginning, they've never changed the hp and damage scaling really, so it just doesnt keep up with the power creep.

As someone else said, it is very likely that the game is balanced around unmodded equipment, or the "top" mods that were available back then. And you can see it everywhere in the game. The only place with a seperate scaling method is the void, that also increases enemy damage output.

Simply put, new content is based around the scaling of the star chart, since the same scaling is used throughout the whole game. And since max starting level of the star chart is 40, then yes level 35 would be considered high level.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

but it just sounds like you are an instant gratification 30h player that wants everything on a silver platter, or that you run errands for your favorite YT

Half an hour actually, quite the veteran hours tbh. Plus thirty one seconds. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Around level 30 isn't the defining level of fun in my opinion. 

Eidolons arn't "hard", but they do not fit into the normal scaling. This was already resolved though.

Fun is when you can do things and have them work.

The content you are championing for being "fun" makes most of the abilities in this game useless or unnecessary. Its a strange thought that your idea of fun content is to make pretty much half the abilities in this game useless.

But around level 30? That's when you can play range/duration Rhino. Thats when minions can actually do damage, thats when you can play range Ember and not feel almost useless. Around Level 30 is when you can play each Warframe how they can be played 

You start high levels and there's no point in playing certain builds. Power strength Hydroid, Atlas, Banshee 4 without her mod, and Frost globe. most of Chromas kit doesn't work above 30-45 

Edited by Medeucea
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Medeucea said:

Fun is when you can do things and have them work.

Actually fun is entirely subjective and it's pointless to try and define it in such direct terms.

Thats exactly what I would like as well.   Easy versions of stuff  for the actual rewards,  and elite versions with high level enemies for the people who like challenge with only superficial rewards like emblems or something.(not cosmetics).  

On 2019-05-04 at 3:22 PM, DreisterDino said:

"I did, this is high level, so.. we are starting at 35" and later

lol yeah xD i was actually laughing

starting point should be around lvl100

I felt the same when she said that, I understand that not being able to get the new thing can be frustrating but every game has some sort of content (loot and or cosmetic) that a new and or "casual" can't get and warframe was like that at some point not anymore sadly