The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

arch guns primed mods please

(XBOX)Sam Hawkeye

14 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why? We're already powercreeping them with archgun rivens.

They are objectively inferior to better primaries, not even top tier ones, and some better secondaries, and this is due to the inferior AW mod stats. So there is no powercreep at all other than with aimbot Larkspur on low level map clear, especially in light of the tradeoffs. Agree with OP, the mods need to be buffed, primed or given different values in atmosphere.

6 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

They are objectively inferior to better primaries, not even top tier ones, and some better secondaries, and this is due to the inferior AW mod stats. So there is no powercreep at all other than with aimbot Larkspur on low level map clear, especially in light of the tradeoffs. Agree with OP, the mods need to be buffed, primed or given different values in atmosphere.

Archguns are balanced for archwing content. We shouldn't be balancing them for non-archwing content, otherwise they'll completely trivialize those missions. It'd be like taking an amprex to archwing instead of larkspur.

IF ANYTHING, archguns should have their base stats buffed a hefty bit when used on land. It's an anti-vehicle weapon being used against footsoldiers, after all.

Edited by Pizzarugi

4 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Archguns are balanced for archwing content. We shouldn't be balancing them for non-archwing content, otherwise they'll completely trivialize those missions.

IF ANYTHING, archguns should have their base stats buffed a hefty bit when used on land. It's an anti-vehicle weapon being used against footsoldiers, after all.

Nothing OP or I suggested would trivialize AW missions. Primed mods could apply only to atmosphere, or as I already posted in unmistakably crystal clear language, the mods could have different values in atmosphere just like the guns do.

10 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

different values in atmosphere just like the guns

Consistency is obviously not one of DE's good points.

20 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

They are objectively inferior to better primaries, not even top tier ones, and some better secondaries, and this is due to the inferior AW mod stats.

PARTLY agreed, although I'd argue that certain mods for Primaries and Secondaries are OP in comparison to Arch-gun mods...and have arguably contributed to the Power Creep that's pervaded WF for some time. So the obvious and logical solution is to 1. Reel in the bonuses given by certain damage mods for Primaries and Secondaries and 2. ...

17 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Archguns should have their base stats buffed a hefty bit when used on land. It's an anti-vehicle weapon being used against footsoldiers, after all.

Ding. We have a winner.

Well for starters it would be nice for like a Prime Multishot Mod that gives 100% multi shot for arch-guns. And maybe a Prime melee damage mod for the arch-melees. And maybe at least 1 Prime elemental mod for both to even them out with the other weapons. Now the only prime mods I like to see is for the arch wings. Like a prime range, duration, efficiency, and maybe power strength. 

Now another option that has I’ve been thinking of for like a year or 2 is maybe a derelict arch-wing mission. Maybe we are exploring some blown orokin city and we are ambushed by infested enemies like mutalist Ospreys and maybe even infested Dargyns. Kind of gotten a very big picture in mind, like very big. Some of the traps are even activated where we be trying to dodge and/or avoid lasers and such as we fly through the wreckage. 

Maybe the objective is simply exploring until we stumble across some ancient artifact that we must retrieve and bring back to the ship. I could even picturing a more Orokin Designed Infested Golem that chases you through the mission. Maybe killing it drops a new Infested Arch-Weapon that we don’t have yet. 

Along the way we have a chance to encounter an Orokin Vault that has somehow survived the the destruction and we need to use the dragon keys to open it. Inside we could encounter a statue of Excalibur Prime, but I was thinking maybe more like the Odanata Prime on the Excalibur or even a Stalker Statue being he used to be an Orokin Guard last I checked. Either way we could obtain Corrupted Arch-Wing, Arch-Gun, or Arch-Melee Mods from this specific vault. So that people can choose what kind of build they want instead of it being mostly balanced. Balanced, speed, or “tanky” are kind of the only options. Maybe we would want more range, more efficiency, or more power strength. Could even be the key to making the Arch-wings more useful in open world maps. 

Be nice if DE finally added a Prime Arch-Weapon like a Prime Veritux. Could be added with the Volt Prime Relics. I can picture the weapon right now. Almost looking like a large Skana Prime. Would draw it but I don’t know how to post the pic even if I did. But more base damage, and critical chance, and attack speed. Maybe even some extra range. But a prime Arch-Weapon is definitely missing. Seeing how DE added the Akvasto Prime without any other primes, I’m confident that they can easily add a prime arch-weapon or 2. If they added like Veritix and Imperator primes at the same time, they both could be placed in the same relic. Since both are 2 parts and a BP. That would be 6 total drops. 

Just saying it would definitely get me playing arch-wing missions more if there were more to do. And to explore. 

23 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Archguns are balanced for archwing content. We shouldn't be balancing them for non-archwing content, otherwise they'll completely trivialize those missions. It'd be like taking an amprex to archwing instead of larkspur.

They have 2 different stat lines for AW and Ground missions already, so it is already possible to balance them for ground combat without affecting archwing missions. 
Besides, Larkspur already trivialize AW missions. (It probably beats Amprex/Ignis W there due to its huge range + auto target in space)