Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts and ideas for growth of Conclave

Kilsety

I think incentivizing it from outside-in (to normal gameplay from Conclave) can be harmless if it's complimentary to something that is already kind of meaningless but not forgotten about. Really hard to handle, but I think it being more seamlessly included into normal content is necessary for people to want to play it regularly. Introducing it through a side-quest regarding The War Within would be nice, since I think a lot of people want more Teshin involvement and it's basically built-in by you guys over at Digital Extremes. Assuming you did some secondary Conclave fighting with Tenno using basic weapons if you wanted to include the whole transference thing, it wouldn't even be that hard. That would be cool story development, regarding maturing our character and using Ways as a stance. Dax-related stuff.. Etc.

• Giving normal or new cosmetic(s)/bundles that exist already for achieving a certain rank or standing amount. A simple 40p Immortal Skin of your choice at your first 20,000 standing, then at maybe every 100,000 or something and a big reward (Catalyst, Built Forma or Reactor for 2nd highest rank, plus Exilus + another Immortal Skin for the final rank).Newer content could be shoehorned in so easily through this using similar logic to what you decided for Nightwave rewards with reduced frequency and no refreshes.
  • Add prevention of abuse with a logical threshold, like using Degrees of Separation for Recently Played With (1 degree higher required for Allied players), so only alliances or something could possibly coordinate such an effort (which would be an admiral feat). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation#Mathematics
  • Non-competitive ladder system that enforces players competing with their own game stats rather than other players, to reduce competitive toxicity and stress of performing badly not being rewarding. Seasonal would be great (quarterly or otherwise, longer between is probably a safer option)
  • Incentivizing Hosting to make it more accessible to players. Maybe a referee system where you can create rules for others to follow with a menu.

I've got a feeling you're already looking into Conclave having some kind of Riven system without trading that gives players some kind of scaling reward for achieving higher ranks. I'd like to see something like that apply to weapons primarily (i.e. Forma-style upgrading to a weapon through Conclave, possibly a Conclave-obtained unique weapon usable outside). Conclave-exclusive sinking of rivens that have different stats would be a really interesting way of making people want to do something for fun that has some "training" to it. Nothing excessively grindy to level up, passively earned through basically testing the riven out in Conclave, doing dailies or normal gameplay, earning something that can't replace or interfere with normal rivens. Just.. Anything. Sinking rivens as blank-slate items to craft something else as an example is a useful choice for normal gameplay. Use your imagination for what that could be like..

I'll add/edit this as I think of more. Would enjoy some feedback from people, as I've not played much Conclave myself and opinions differ greatly anyway.

Edited by Kilsety
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-04 at 3:05 PM, Kilsety said:

possibly a Conclave-obtained unique weapon usable outside

This sort of stuff is problematic in the current state of Conclave.

Cosmetics are one thing (which some have suggested should be more accessible to those outside Conclave, e.g. via Trading, but that's another topic) because they don't impact gameplay. In that sense, one isn't required to play Conclave to explore all the gameplay-relevant content. Or gain MR.

Introducing things that affect PvE gameplay and can only be acquired in Conclave is going to do one thing: make people who don't want to play Conclave play Conclave anyway. That's great for (temporary) population, but if one goal is to reduce toxicity, that is going to go in the exact opposite direction very quickly.

Mind that I do agree with things like introducing Conclave via TWW or a server browser with custom rules (cf point 4), maybe even custom maps with the dojo builder thing. Greater awareness and a side of levity / creativity almost always help. The only problem is that those have been suggested before, with relative frequency too.

I think something that bears mentioning is pairing small squads (1-2 max per team) that you see quite often in conclave with appropriate maps. Nothing gets boring quicker than spending forever hunting down those clowns who just bullet jump like rabbits on cocaine instead of fighting only to have them zip off and refuse to do much fighting. 

Tl;dr- smaller teams need to be put in smaller maps and vice versa. Would go a long way to smooth out matches and reduce boredom/ frustrations

Love the idea of clan related stuff added. I'm not really thinking outside of the box by myself with this, stuff like that would definitely be encouraging in a huge way.

The anti-fighting thing is weird since I know DE wants to keep players interested in things like bulletjumping. If they reintroduced the energy meter, kept wall-hanging the same but added more gaps to the floor to avoid by wallrunning or clinging over, then we might see a lot more gameplay. So maybe that's a little bit more important in terms of interest rather than broken game mechanics in the way of level design. I try to suggest things that are tangible and capable of being added through reusing existing content, rather than completely new stuff, so bear with my posting.

That clan idea is huge though, wow. Lots of ideas there that pair well with Clan v Clan events within Conclave that are player organized and not sorted by matchmaking (plus, with one of my suggestions, even encourages it).

On 2019-05-13 at 5:21 AM, Kilsety said:

I try to suggest things that are tangible and capable of being added through reusing existing content, rather than completely new stuff, so bear with my posting.

The main issue with Conclave is that it is PVP in a PVE game, which is a niche game mode in itself, doesn't attract that much players (probably worst than the old raid system) and going with your own guideline my suggestion would be :

Add a PvE ladder to conclave using the Rathuum/Index/Specters AI (You probably read that in Region a lot coming from me, I just never posted it on the forums).

As for your Clan vs Clan idea, I would say that's what the Rail system should have been in the first place, which at this point i'm not even sure we will see it come back again.

P.s. Tying rewards that are non-cosmetic for the moment is a big no for me.

Edited by DaGhostDS