Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New war release date?

Monad0ny

When it's done, basically. It sounds like it's going to be a hefty expansion, not just a story quest. Think The Second Dream instead of The Sacrifice.

I would say late Autumn - that would be my wild guess.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 3

Just now, KnossosTNC said:

When it's done, basically. It sounds like it's going to be hefty expansion, not just a story quest. Think The Second Dream instead of The Sacrifice.

I would say late Autumn - that would be my wild guess.

Cool

Let's see, The Jovian Concord is slated to be released this month, or thereabouts.

Empyrean is looking like it'll be the biggest update of the year, and likely launch on towards fall or winter based on past release cycles.

Much of what's been teased regarding The New War looks like it would involve a significant portion of space combat, likely involving the Railjacks and Archwing... so... I'd be kinda surprised if launched this year, and extremely surprised if it launched before Empyrean.

59 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Let's see, The Jovian Concord is slated to be released this month, or thereabouts.

Empyrean is looking like it'll be the biggest update of the year, and likely launch on towards fall or winter based on past release cycles.

Much of what's been teased regarding The New War looks like it would involve a significant portion of space combat, likely involving the Railjacks and Archwing... so... I'd be kinda surprised if launched this year, and extremely surprised if it launched before Empyrean.

Don't forget Planes of Duviri, an assumedly new twist on opens worlds, which was said to be this year's final big update.

My old guesses were June with the Pre-Tennocon, so... not sure honestly.

Most likely the quest itself will be fairly near done about now though - we know that all-in they take three months from the Sacrifice. We also know that Mocap is one of the earlier things they do as Mocap for the Sacrifice was done about three months before release, and they were doing Mocap for the New War in January - so 5 months ago. I'd say it's not unreasonable that with other stuff taking attention the timeframe would double - so with that it's not unreasonable to suggest the actual quest is nearly there. What I imagine is taking more time is the content around it. Which I'm not gonna complain about.

7 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Don't forget Planes of Duviri, an assumedly new twist on opens worlds, which was said to be this year's final big update.

Pretty sure they specified it was a tiled set. I'd have to rewatch that stream though.

Geoff said its release will most likely be post-Tennocon with more information probably during Tennocon since they seem to be falling behind on their own schedule. Jovian Concord is supposed to be sometime this month probably around the 15th since that is when the current Nightwave season is supposed to end and Empyrean (Railjack) is still tentatively pre-Tennocon but that is only if they can get back on schedule. 

Releasing it past the end of Summer would not be a good move and I'm sure DE knows this. If they want to get the maximum amount of people playing it (and maximum amount of players joining the game because of it and thus spending money) sometime during the Summer months when people are out for summer break from College is the best move. I'm hoping for end of July, a few weeks after Tennocon.

Edited by WhySoFishy

They were planning to get both Railjack and New War done before the Tennocon according to a certain Devstream (maybe the last one in 2018 or the first one in 2019? Not sure).

But we are talking about DE here so basically don't keep your hopes up. It's possible they release one of them just before or during the Tennocon (and hence repeat the disaster from few years back coz it's likely to be a very buggy update) and release the remaining one in fall 2019.

Edited by Marvelous_A

I wouldn't expect new content until after Tennocon, while the reworks like Jupiter are intended to probably match up with Nightwave ending and starting back up. I would figure June would have one of the non-content releases with something small, weapons or deluxe skin, something like that. October to November, you know, Milestone months could have something show up, if an open world zone, which we aren't sure Planes of Duvari will be; I would probably place that there. Then anything that was supposed to be summer or late this year I would figure would be early-ish next year if not moved back to another content update season.

17 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

They were planning to get both Railjack and New War done before the Tennocon according to a certain Devstream (maybe the last one in 2018 or the first one in 2019? Not sure).

They announced in Devstream 127 that New War is behind schedule. Post - Tennocon is expected now.

Not said anything about Railjack, though they did show off a new area for it so it's certainly progressing.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They announced in Devstream 127 that New War is behind schedule. Post - Tennocon is expected now.

Not said anything about Railjack, though they did show off a new area for it so it's certainly progressing.

Original white board roadmap that DE Steve wrote up a few Devstreams ago showed that DE Steve was suggesting a best case scenario for Railjack, now called Empyrean was late Summer or Spring after New War. Planes of Duviri was suggested as being after Empyrean at that time.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Original white board roadmap that DE Steve wrote up a few Devstreams ago showed that DE Steve was suggesting a best case scenario for Railjack, now called Empyrean was late Summer or Spring after New War. Planes of Duviri was suggested as being after Empyrean at that time.

I think they also mentioned the ideal (that even they weren't sure they'd hit) was to integrate Railjack into the New War, was it not?

In which case, depending on how Railjack itself is doing, we might wind up seeing that first in a twist of fate. Or its integration might have caused the delay (like if they were too deep in to change it but ran into an issue.)

40 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I think they also mentioned the ideal (that even they weren't sure they'd hit) was to integrate Railjack into the New War, was it not?

In which case, depending on how Railjack itself is doing, we might wind up seeing that first in a twist of fate. Or its integration might have caused the delay (like if they were too deep in to change it but ran into an issue.)

I really don't recall, could be as that would at least allow us a reason to be able to find and hop on the Sentient Outpost if that is still connected.

On 2019-05-04 at 5:52 PM, Firetempest said:

A more solid timeframe will likely be announced at tennocon.

Don't count on it.  They did that with Steve's Whiteboard, and already missed.  Rather than deal with people chanting "Are we therrrrre yet?" and "You said it would be done by now!" and similar, I think that the next time they announce a date will be when they upload the patch notes as it goes live.