Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At what point(enemy level etc) does quickthinking stop saving your life,and you just die anyway?

AugmentedJustice

Question

18 answers to this question

Easy.... At any point where mods like Vitality and Redirection stop working then Quick Thinking stops working too....

You see the problem here ? This mod is suppose to be a Solution for frames that can't use Steel Fibre but if you're not getting one shotted then you don't need quick thinking to begin with... if you are then Quick Thinking doesn't work anyway since they can one shot your energy Too.

3 часа назад, Lutesque сказал:

if you're not getting one shotted then you don't need quick thinking to begin with... if you are then Quick Thinking doesn't work anyway since they can one shot your energy Too.

So, QT is useless lol?

57 minutes ago, 8ubb13 said:

So, QT is useless lol?

I haven't used it in Various Builds and situations but yeah its ability to prevent you from Dying is Oversold....

I used it earlier to kill a Level 75 Wolf With Limbo.... it works but It gutted 50% of my Energy every time my health took a hit.

There are multiple factors involved, level 50 corpus are capable of taking you down if you let them. 

So it's more to do with how quickly you kill em before they have a chance to. 

I made a handy ranking (wip) to help determine the tanking capability of a frame. 

The point of which quick thinking fails is very high, its a niche item. The only time I've used it was to build a suppar tanky bless rage spam trinity for profit taker. Most frames that should utilize quick thinking will deplete their mana on hit which is their main way of keeping themselves alive.

Edited by Pooroldude

Quick Thinking is not going to save you on it's own, understand that and you suddenly use it a lot more effectively. If you try to block the shots with your face then you're going to die. Contrary to what Lutesque seems to think Quick Thinking will let you survive for longer than other EHP mods HOWEVER, you must combine it with a means of regaining energy fast and using evasion instead of standing still trying to tank hits. No mod in the game will simply tank hits forever, it doesn't work that way. Use parkour, use cover, use rolling etc and if the frame has them, use abilities. For example a Loki using a max range disarm in a survival while inivisible is still going to die from the AoE of a Bombard rocket. Quick Thinking will save you from that death whereas merely having a Vitality mod on will not. Quick Thinking is based on the frame's energy pool so the larger the pool, the more EHP that frame will have with Quick Thinking, hence why Loki is a great pick for the mod.

• Like 2

I use Adaptation + Rage + Hunter Adrenaline + QT + Armor and HP on Nidus with Arcane Grace and Guardian. Works pretty good for carrying all 4 Dragon Keys on Derelict.

But that is a pretty extreme case where the continuous HP regen can keep feeding QT.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

I use Adaptation + Rage + Hunter Adrenaline + QT + Armor and HP on Nidus with Arcane Grace and Guardian. Works pretty good for carrying all 4 Dragon Keys on Derelict.

But that is a pretty extreme case where the continuous HP regen can keep feeding QT.

I am so lazy in derelict, I know I'll complete it fast enough to not care about a death so I just run glass cannon speed volt and if that mean capture target nails me with his glaxion then so be it 😂 The mission is over in 3 minutes tops anyway lol.

I got onebang few times by Nullifier Lanka at lvl 200+ trough Mesa Shatter Shield + adaptation + QT/pflow/hunters. Lanka is no joke, they also aim for heads it seems and higher lvl you go enemy accuracy increase.

Also got oneshot by lvl 250 Nulli in MOT (3x dmg) trough QT/pflow/hunters/adaptation and 160k Nezha halo (dont ask how but it happened). 

Also QT is very useful if you not complete re... potato i mean. 👍

The more durable the frame is the more effective QT is but even for the most squishy frames it can change certain death into likely death which is good enough for a single slot defense solution IMO. I actually have a video I can clip of QT saving my Volt from death at lvl 220 on MOT.

I overextended Void Dash and caught some buck shot from a Crewman which are next to Nullifiers on the most dangerous enemies in MOT.

Other frames like Garuda, Trinity and Chroma QT no longer saves their life but becomes their main source of eHP. 45,245 of my Chroma's 66k eHP is QT and 122,495 or my Trinity's 189k eHP is also QT. Garuda 20k eHP which is all QT. When the mod is worth using is entirely based on the frame.

That Tanking list also disturbs me. Inaros is not a good tank. Trinity / Nidus should be tied for #1 excluding immortal frames. Then you've got Rhino, Nekros, Mesa, Nova probably. Baruuk is up there but I haven't pushed him like the others. Then there's just weird ones like Zephyr who's immortal against Corpus but gets wrecked by Grineer.

• Like 1

hmm.. I use QT on my Loki Prime and I've played through level 40 missions at 1HP almost the whole time. 

However, don't bother with it after enemies go above level 60. It works somewhat against Grineer as they don't deal huge DPS in one hit, but not versus Corpus or Corrupted.

On the Vallis though, the Arca Plasmor crewmen can one shot me during a level 40-50 bounty and generally at around level 60, the Corpus or Corrupted DGAF about your QT.

Afaik, from when i did a Nearly 2 Hour run in Mot once, lvl 250+ range is where Quick Thinking's Staggers would ignore you and you be dead. That kind of Damage is 750+ while lvl 200+ would be 600+ which in a normal Survival is really high level. At lvl 200+ in a normal Survival is where Quick Thinking would just stagger you but higher than that, yeah you just hope you don't get KO without DR since QT wouldn't save you at that point.

Stagger effect make this mod useless. It takes out the whole point of "Quick Thinking." Coz if you get hit with a bombards rocket you won't die instantly but you get staggered. The second rocket will most likely kill you and you won't have anytime to react coz of the stagger effect.

QT works with damage reduction and armor, so it is frame dependant. We're talking about EHp tanks here. EHp tanks are limited by the one thing that keeps them tanky, their EHp. If you hit it with anything less than a 1hit kill, they can survive. This is due to how infrequent a good player (remember that i said good, not a lazy ca.... excuse me) will take shots from enemies and has nigh unlimited methods to heal and regen energy. Quick thinking works by diverting your energy pool into your health at a rate of 240% aka 2.4x. If you have 300 energy currently on a frame with 100 base health, it's basically like adding a vitality mod at +720% health.

Use that to determine how high you can go till you're 1-hit killed. To give an example that matches the casual level of most builds, I took the build from this random post and ran the numbers

This build is ok, but you want quick thinking, so without taking too much away from the build, we'll make some adjustments. Considering the PS required, we have no need for augur secrets so let's replace it with quick thinking. To save space, we can drop the exilus, which s a QoL mod anyway. With umbral forma, we can put it back in no problem. To compensate for the PS drop, replace CP with GP. Corrosive projection when solo is roughly equal to 1 corrosive proc, so it's quite useless in solo considering we got corrosive on our weapons. You could also just use pox or have an armor stripper buddy, or HM. There, now we have an improved build that takes nothing away from the OP's need.

1080 health + 531 energy, which becomes effectively 2354 health. Consider the use of adaptation, which we'll put at +90% DR for simplicity sake and 95% DR from shatter shield, your EHp is at 604,194. Suck it chroma, you'll never be what you once was, RIP tank chroma, thank you so much DE Pablo. Now you could use an ancient healer specter, to get 10x that, but lets keep it casual for the masses who don't know how to actually get powerful.

Vs bombards, mesa is god, because fun fact, her 3 reflects rockets, so need need to worry about the splash damage. Vs HG she is also good, able to take 6 shots from level cap HG, 2 if in the void. She really struggles with corpus due to their insane damage, with techs 1 hitting her at level 8950, level 2125 will take 1 second to kill you