Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Atlas rework idea - Combo Brawler with Impact befitting his name

Rimeframe

Ever since I got Atlas the big boy is my favourite frame and I have a hard time playing other frames. ;)

Of course I have to throw my idea out for the (hopefully?) upcoming prime rework.     Combos!

Passive: Unchanged - befitting for the titan lord of stone to be toppled only rarely

1. Landslide: Critical Hit Chance increased from 5% to 10% - Here is where the combos happen. The second hit of Landslide will enable the usage of the first followup skill Rock Shards. And the fourth hit (the uppercut) will enable the use of Earthquake. The time window to use the followups would be static and unaffected by duration modifiers (2-3 seconds).

2. Rock Shards (Formerly Tectonics): Only useable after the second hit of Landslide - A wave of rock shards erupts from Atlas in a 90° cone infront of him and deals impact damage to enemies hit.

3. Petrify: Unchanged - Excellent Crowd Control, Rubble generator and damage amplifier for Landslide and its followups.

4. Earthquake (Formerly Rumblers): Only useable after the fourth hit of Landslide - Using the momentum of his just delivered uppercut, Atlas slams his fist into the ground to crush his enemies in a massive earthquake, making pillars of stone and rocky spikes briefly but violently emerge from the earth. A 360° attack (think Rhinos stomp for area examples) that deals heavy Blast/Slash damage to enemies hit.

Augments

Seismic Shift - Rock Shards Augment (Formerly Tectonic Fracture): Rock Shards return to Atlas once maximum travel distance has been reached - hitting enemies in the area again and granting 1/3/5 Rubble for each enemy hit that way. 

Epicenter - Earthquake Augment (Formerly Titanic Rumbler): Atlas gains additional  1/3/5% critical hit chance per enemy hit for 4/12/20 seconds. - Effect does not stack, but gets re-applied.

PvP-Augments

Tectonic Plating - Earthquake Augment (Formerly Rumbled): Earthquake can be used without combo requirement and grants a 150/350/500 point damage shield. Earthquake damage and range reduced by 45%/65%/85% - Shield must be depleted before it can be re-applied.

My thoughts.

I wanted to keep Atlas profile untouched and unchanged as brawler frame while also being labeled the Titan lord of stone and give him a kit that felt more impactful. Literally, you could say. ☺️

The idea with combos ran through my head since he has his own combo counter with landslide and I thought why not make more out of that?  Seismic shift can help with rubble upkeep or build up in missions with not overly much enemies or waves with downtimes in between to get the big guy going quick and not die like a fly instantly in longer missions or even sorties because he could not build rubble fast enough. And while epicenter reads propably crazy on paper I imagine its actual execution to be realistic and not blown out of proportions as it can't stack and 5% per enemy don't get him exactly to 500% critical hit chance or anything. You'd need to hit 100 enemies at once with Earthquake for that and you're not going to have that much around yourself ever in warframe unless you deliberately try to collect an entire maps worth of them, which will likely kill you as they shoot at your back.  The reason for the crit augment is to complement Landslides 200% critical hit damage bonus for its otherwise low critical hit chance. 

Whatever the new Atlas will be, or if he even gets reworked at all that is, I am sure the big guy will still be fun and this is just one guys idea. 

Keep on landsliding, folks. ;)

This looks really fun! However, I don't think to replace his fourth ability is very practical because they already have special rumbler models for the deluxe. 

Also, if Rock Shards were a CC ability that could be used without Landslide combo-ing, that would be cool. That way, Atlas could CC well and deal damage well, something most new frames have nowadays. Switching between being a CC frame and using those CC abilities to deal damage sounds like a fun way to play him, despite slightly taking away from his brawler archetype.

Requiring you to use his one before being able to use other powers isn't synergy its an extra burden of management and cost on the powers. 

If you wanted synergy you'd need to make the powers have a boost or bonus when used in tandem with landslide not be blocking the use of them behind landslide.