Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is the new Mag, and that's unacceptable

Blexander

16 hours ago, Cerebrum123 said:

MAG is better off for her changes overall. No, she can't nuke lvl 1,000,000 Corpus now, but she can destroy anything that is not infested. The Polarize augment was only good when it scaled off of shields removed, and they changed that almost immediately. Once that was gone any overshield augment was better, because they affected the team, like Volt or Trinity. 

Well I preffer recharging my shields mid-air and on the go then having to stop and play ''if you are happy and you know it calp your hands''.

On 2019-05-17 at 7:39 PM, 000l000 said:

Good luck killing any high level Grineer with fire only with any other frame.

Nobody denied the fact that Ember can deal highest fire damage in the game. This was not even at discussion. General consent is that Ember falls behind in terms of damage and buffing potential, even just behind some weapon set-ups. Your Simulacrum flex build shows exactly whats wrong with her: 4 seconds of set up, 75% of energy spend & 10 seconds of continuous fire is a terrible benchmark for a 100% commitment build.

On 2019-05-17 at 7:39 PM, 000l000 said:

If it was showcase only i'd be using corrosive too but my one and only point was to show that Ember damages and whole kit were nowhere as bad as some people still think.

Yes, her performance is indeed better than avarage WoF (ab)user may think, but it is nearly not as godly as you picture it. Additionally, Ember cannot rely on her own theme/gimmick/kit to perform well, but has to take a detour. A detour, that requires her to pass on fire damage, which is ironic and moronic. Her whole kit is terrible, does not work with innate fire mechanics and is kept alive by Accelerant alone.

I feel atleast her damage aspect could be improved indirectly by actually improving heat damage as a whole, by simply making the dot from heat procs stack like every other dot.

If we're talking directly improving her, making WoF into an aura that hits all enemies in range instead of a couple but the damage reduces the farther away they are from ember would greatly balance out the damage, cc, range, and nuke problems. It's like a damage version of equinox's pacify but would still have it's own clear identity.

On 2019-05-19 at 5:11 AM, AlphaPHENIX said:

Well I preffer recharging my shields mid-air and on the go then having to stop and play ''if you are happy and you know it calp your hands''.

Um, shield restoration(for MAG anyway) is still instant, and the cast animation is one handed, so casting midair is no issue. You can also still move while casting. This part of her ability wasn't changed, it only changed how it affected allies, and not MAG herself. 

12 hours ago, Cerebrum123 said:

Um, shield restoration(for MAG anyway) is still instant, and the cast animation is one handed, so casting midair is no issue. You can also still move while casting. This part of her ability wasn't changed, it only changed how it affected allies, and not MAG herself. 

I meant overshields...

On 2019-05-05 at 10:52 AM, Elon-Chan said:

To be fair zephyr's passive isn't bad , it's pretty useful in conclave (despite knowing that's a very small part of the community 😭) and has a couple uses for speed running : ). 
However I do understand your point that ember's passive is pretty useless in every situation 

I actually like the passive but only because I use a javlok to activate it, i shouldn't have to do that, if they kept the energy regen but made it easier to activate thatd b great

I think the funniest thing about all this is the fact that I made a Rework thread about Ember to fix these issues but no one has left a reply on it at all yet they are filling in their reasons here? If you want to see Ember have a proper kit then maybe you all should comment on the matter after looking at the new kit I gave her. It makes more sense then filling up this thread trying to compare her to old Mag from the past.