Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The bed behind Helminth

HighTale

Honestly, I want to see the Helminth itself expanded upon as a "character." 

I really, really like the idea behind a more "benign" version of the Infestation, used for a good cause. It could be interesting to see the Tenno interacting with it. Especially since it's literally the only "character" in the game which acknowledges your alignment.

• Like 1

It's for the Rescue target. So you can safely bring them to the Relay or wherever, without worrying about them touching your stuff.

Just make sure Helminth isn't too hungry when putting them there. (Friendly advice 😉)

1 hour ago, SECURATYYY said:

I always thought that the operator would get injured, and the bed is some sort of medical thing. Operators are immune to infestation, so I'm not sure if we would become like Alad V.

Considering the Helminth is terrified of our Operator form, probably not.

if a boob slider is not related to that room I cant care less, or maybe the ability to redirect our frames stats like, transfer their shields to heal and vice versa,you know to make our frames more customizable.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

23 hours ago, MysticTheif said:

Tenno sustains damage after fighting and is forced to become warframe

I want nothing more. Nothing would make me happier than if the next chapter of the story involved our operator getting mortally wounded and transferring his/her consciousness into a frame as a measure of last resort, thereby permanently removing him/her from the game. There's precedent for that in the lore, both in the orokin continuity ritual and in whatever Rell did to permanently transfer into Harrow. If his/her body has to remain comatose on life support on the bed in the helminth room or something, so be it.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

I guess that's on the list of lore explanation along with dax warriors, the executors, Dr. Tengus, Worm Queen, etc. I'd like to see pre Orokin Earth, the Dark Sector lore un-retconned, and a mini-series of animated Warframe shorts telling different stories of characters pre and post old war. 

I thought it was where it grew the "meat hunks" that we turn into Warframes, by installing systems and neuropics and the other components onto the "meat hunk". Either that, or it regrows the new Warframes whenever they get destroyed in a mission, like after the 4 revival limit or whatever. 

Technically it is the only bed in the orbiter, so maybe it's just, you know, a bed 😄 

Tbh though it does look like something used for either healing or mutation, but it wouldn't make much sense for the operator right now. It's interesting though how it apparently was important enough for something to be added so soon. Hopefully that "something" is not cut out of their plans, just delayed.

Or maybe it was originally intended for something like Umbra? 

• Like 1

Before we got the room on the opposite side, I thought the infested room was supposed to be a living quarters for the operator. There are plants growing maybe for food, and a bed for sleeping, not sure our operators need those. And if I were my operator, I'd rather sleep on the couch in the kid's room, with all my floofs! 

12 hours ago, Infirito said:

I would make a joke here, but remembered how sensitive NA people are about the subject. Oh well, I'd rather not get banned.

What does "NA people" mean? I found a Wikipedia page of that title, but I suspect I'm on the wrong track...

14 hours ago, ColPresumptuous said:

Hmm maybe thats where we store the Lotus's body or the Lotus herself (pacified) after we defeat her and her family in the New War?

A bit like Lenins tomb?

Yeah and the whole ship was build with that in mind 😄

14 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I thought it was where it grew the "meat hunks" that we turn into Warframes, by installing systems and neuropics and the other components onto the "meat hunk". Either that, or it regrows the new Warframes whenever they get destroyed in a mission, like after the 4 revival limit or whatever. 

I think the 'meat chunks' are from nanospores tho