Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 25.7] Ranking of Tanking! - Gauss added

0_The_F00l

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

for a second there i imagined you as an old guy talking about the good old days.

glad to say I am as you imagined, and have always enjoyed a good/great game/title. no shame in having a little time for one's tranquility

As Revenant does not benefit much from range other than energy tower damage radius, Enthrall range, and Reave width, my Revenant build deducts from range. Danse Macabre? Range only modifies beam thickness which is basically not worth much (e.g. Beam is something like 0.1m thick... Range changes this value. Not the reach of Danse Macabre).  Duration is more useful to keep the thralls up in solo mobile defense and similar.

I use this: All 3 Umbral mods, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Natural Talent, Primed Flow, whatever Aura you want (I use Energy Siphon), Cunning Drift (get back some that lost range).

EDIT: Also, Revenant doesn't need Adaptation. Completely wasted mod slot for him. Natural Talent is far more valuable  because of his ridiculously slow Mesmer cast speed.

EDIT2: Oh sorry, I'm on a phone. I guess I read the Nidus row when I saw Adaptation.

Edited by nslay

7 hours ago, Midas said:

Would Advise Nidus for solo and Revenant for team content as Nidus is a kill hog. I assure you your teammates will leave you starved without kills. I would throw blind rage over narrow minded and constitution for more duration over augur secrets. Also Umb vitality on Revenant is not necessarily usable. Escape to an area where you are not attacked. no point in hp if you sit at 2 hp while skins up (just protective dash yourself). Especially for endgame scaling.

Nidus only needs 180 strength for 90% DR, anything more is for your own preference and playstyle, and will affect the heal of ravenous. If enemies are already dead then you don't need to tank anyway. Blind rage is fine but not necessary, not sure where I included narrow-minded or secrets though, 

Or do you mean it for revenant?

Negative efficiency for revenant is a bad idea as his abilities aren't exactly cheap. The fact that it can be recast makes regular recast a better alternative than stronger casts fewer times. 

7 hours ago, nslay said:

EDIT2: Oh sorry, I'm on a phone. I guess I read the Nidus row when I saw Adaptation.

I was wondering what you were trying to say in your first paragraph :), guess you read the whole thing for Nidus instead of revenant. 

I can live with Zephyr Prime being just under top 10. She's definitely my personal go-to tank Warframe and I'd rank her higher than Rhino Prime, but that's also not a hill I feel the need to die on. 12 is good.

About Hildryn, I made some stresstest with her, the perma invincibility is wrong, the shield does recharge after the invincibility, therefore cannot fully recharge when under constant fire.

This decaying key build is not longer viable, Hildryn no longer deserve her 2nd place

For your ranking, it is simple : Go simulacrum, spawn 5-10 max lvl heavy gunner and check if your warframe ability cycle (tanking ability refresh) is safe

You'll see how some warframe handle the worst and revenant fall down too,

First, his mesmer skin cannot charge adapation nor rage, therefore you are more susceptible to the deadly "Out of energy" and oneshot/quickdeath during recast even with natural talent

Inaros is still the king and got Trinity as her queen as she is not susceptible to out of energy nor quickdeath during recast with status immunity on top of that

Fellow Tenno, did you came across the same result with Hildryn ?

4 hours ago, Draegan said:

About Hildryn, I made some stresstest with her, the perma invincibility is wrong, the shield does recharge after the invincibility, therefore cannot fully recharge when under constant fire.

This decaying key build is not longer viable, Hildryn no longer deserve her 2nd place

For your ranking, it is simple : Go simulacrum, spawn 5-10 max lvl heavy gunner and check if your warframe ability cycle (tanking ability refresh) is safe

You'll see how some warframe handle the worst and revenant fall down too,

First, his mesmer skin cannot charge adapation nor rage, therefore you are more susceptible to the deadly "Out of energy" and oneshot/quickdeath during recast even with natural talent

Inaros is still the king and got Trinity as her queen as she is not susceptible to out of energy nor quickdeath during recast with status immunity on top of that

Fellow Tenno, did you came across the same result with Hildryn ?

I have already mentioned the reasons of ranking along with the means of mitigating damage and suggested playstyles. One instance of damage can be anywhere between 1 to 1 million and it will still be completely negated (there is also some delay between the charges being used up), requires a bit more management though. 

I do not personally like revenant but complete damage denial and enemy stun and means to regain mesmer skin charges by casting reave (while not costing anything to make more thralls using the enthrall ability in stunned enemies) makes revenant a lot more tanky than others. The chance for overshields is just a little extra buffer as well. 

I will need to test hildryn again but seemed to work the last time, you may have gotten a few slash procs which can cause problems as mentioned. 

Il y a 3 heures, 0_The_F00l a dit :

I have already mentioned the reasons of ranking along with the means of mitigating damage and suggested playstyles. One instance of damage can be anywhere between 1 to 1 million and it will still be completely negated (there is also some delay between the charges being used up), requires a bit more management though. 

I do not personally like revenant but complete damage denial and enemy stun and means to regain mesmer skin charges by casting reave (while not costing anything to make more thralls using the enthrall ability in stunned enemies) makes revenant a lot more tanky than others. The chance for overshields is just a little extra buffer as well. 

I will need to test hildryn again but seemed to work the last time, you may have gotten a few slash procs which can cause problems as mentioned. 

About Revenant it is true that energy management can be helped with those combo, I need to think about a good build for him

About Hildryn, not a single status proced every time I tried, it is just that the shield recharge began after the invulnerable state of 3s, it works as intended I guess, the CD for shield recharge is 3s. You loose your invincibility then your shield start recharging, not so OP, Harrow has better tanking than her with his 4

10 hours ago, kengxiaoju said:

inaros can get up to 9k HP

plus adaptation at 90% . effective hp should be around 90k

Check again, adaptation is not used for EHP calculations because it is damage resistance not mitigation, also depends on damage types. Same is applicable for every other frame where adaptation is used. 

11 hours ago, Draegan said:

About Revenant it is true that energy management can be helped with those combo, I need to think about a good build for him

About Hildryn, not a single status proced every time I tried, it is just that the shield recharge began after the invulnerable state of 3s, it works as intended I guess, the CD for shield recharge is 3s. You loose your invincibility then your shield start recharging, not so OP, Harrow has better tanking than her with his 4

For hildryn I guess I will need to drop her by 2 ranks, There is dependence on the arcanes, but aegis procs rather quickly and once active it tends to stay that way as long as you keep taking damage. 

2 hours ago, Vortuna said:

Maybe someone else has mentioned it but in Arbitrations, Nidus parasitic link is as good as nonexistent because of drones.

But you can't criticize people here. They need their Top Tank Parade every month by people doing 20 minutes of arbitrations and quitting. "Wow i survived with MAG! 20 fk minutes, MAG is a tank!"

It's funny to see people balming Inaros crying to resurrect them after 3 minutes...  The most stupid part is this Top Dumb Parade doesn't consider adaptation.

If you want a decent Tank parade ask DE to publish their stats for Arbitration:

Frames, deads, damage, faction, blah blah blah...

5 hours ago, Vortuna said:

Maybe someone else has mentioned it but in Arbitrations, Nidus parasitic link is as good as nonexistent because of drones.

So are half the frames in energy reduction sorties.

Conditions and playstyles are clearly mentioned, going into a mode where those conditions cannot be maintained will obviously hurt you.

@bibmobellonot able to get your leaning, do you agree or disagree with the updated ranking? Or are you talking about people who base their qualification on non relevant criteria or niche scenarios? 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I don't wanna play the big man here but i had to resurrect the author of this post and his friend, one with inaros and the other with revenant 2 or 3 times after 50 minutes against corpus during an arbitration and i was playing with inaros without any grace or  makumba arcanes, with a shaku. Draw the right conclusions...

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

I don't wanna play the big man here but i had to resurrect the author of this post and his friend, one with inaros and the other with revenant 2 or 3 times after 50 minutes against corpus during an arbitration and i was playing with inaros without any grace or  makumba arcanes, with a shaku. Draw the right conclusions...

Wasn't me, I don't stay for more than 30 to 40 minutes in an arbitration, was probably some other fool.

Good for you and your leet skills that are clearly better than some random person I guess.

Here have a donut for your bigness🍩

@0_The_F00l : As you put some build along warframe, can I suggest you my Trinity ? Very durable, never died in Arbitration with it for now

Aura Growing Power (To help friends, absolutly not mandatory)

Exilus : Handspring (In case you get CC during link refresh)

Adaptation / Umbral vitality /Umbral intensify / Primed flow / Quick thinking / Hunter adrenaline / Prime continuity / Streamline

51 minutes ago, Draegan said:

@0_The_F00l : As you put some build along warframe, can I suggest you my Trinity ? Very durable, never died in Arbitration with it for now

Aura Growing Power (To help friends, absolutly not mandatory)

Exilus : Handspring (In case you get CC during link refresh)

Adaptation / Umbral vitality /Umbral intensify / Primed flow / Quick thinking / Hunter adrenaline / Prime continuity / Streamline

Not much different than the one I already put up. 

Only difference is I have considered range over energy regen via hunter.

Longer range links ensures less knockdown and further out energy regen vi energy vamp. 

It is true that there is not so much differences but there is some that can help you live more comfortable in High lvl mission

Link base range never bothered me and handspring is there in that uncommun case of CC. Putting unecessary range prevent you to put mod that help when S#&$ get real like streamline+hunter adrenaline+handspring.

To be simple, getting energy+buffs back quickly is vital over some range. It is even true when you get energy leeched, Trinity is the only warframe (Hildryn aside as less durable) that can live in constant energy leeching thank to EV(+Hunter Adr. in emergency)

Edited by Draegan

Inaros is number 1. I'll go longer than any other frame with Inaros because he's tanky and is not vulnerable to human error.

What is human error? I'm glad you asked. Human error is that split second when you forget to rebuff and you die instantly, making how tanky your frame can be effectively useless. Baruuk is the tankiest warframe say people in this thread. One nullifier and you're done, that's it. Inaros doesnt care about ability nullification, energy, enemies. He's just straight tanky.

My Inaros rocks arcane grace/guardian with 8k hp and a buncha armor mods/adaptation. I can afk in Arbitration without fear, because i know that there is no human error factor involved with my EHP. I am confident enough that i can outlast any other frame on Inaros, simply because someone will make a mistake and die eventually, even a Wukong, who has infinite EHP, will make a mistake and fall first. It's the human factor.

Edited by Skaleek

il y a 14 minutes, Skaleek a dit :

Inaros is number 1. I'll go longer than any other frame with Inaros because he's tanky and is not vulnerable to human error.

What is human error? I'm glad you asked. Human error is that split second when you forget to rebuff and you die instantly, making how tanky your frame can be effectively useless. Baruuk is the tankiest warframe say people in this thread. One nullifier and you're done, that's it. Inaros doesnt care about ability nullification, energy, enemies. He's just straight tanky.

My Inaros rocks arcane grace/guardian with 8k hp and a buncha armor mods/adaptation. I can afk in Arbitration without fear, because i know that there is no human error factor involved with my EHP. I am confident enough that i can outlast any other frame on Inaros, simply because someone will make a mistake and die eventually, even a Wukong, who has infinite EHP, will make a mistake and fall first. It's the human factor.

That's why Inaros is number one in this ranking, OP know that

1 hour ago, Draegan said:

You're right, it was 1st in the first ranking, not the new

It might be because OP did not took arcane as part of the ranking maybe

Even without arcane grace or arcane guardian but with adaptation, statistically he will die less than other frames overall against corpus or orokins because his tankiness doesn't rely on energy or abilities(but scarab armor).

At high levels leechers will suck your energy so fast you will never notice your energy is already zero... Dying.

Every time you will find a stupid bubble appearing out of nowhere... Dying.

If you wanna make a Top Ten of frames with the possible highest EHP than ok but in practice it's not correct.

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Wasn't me, I don't stay for more than 30 to 40 minutes in an arbitration, was probably some other fool.

Good for you and your leet skills that are clearly better than some random person I guess.

Here have a donut for your bigness🍩

Yes i was wrong, i had to revive you after 30 minutes...:-)  In all seriousness after 40 hours of arbitration the game starts to be the moment when you can see the real differences between the various frames.

Yes i can survive even with trinity easily more than 1 hour, or with baruuk and  other frames but statically i died more often with these frames than with Inaros.

Edited by bibmobello