Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just realized this, Baruuk players actually have an excuse not to do anything in missions

Yeah , and unlike limbo it has very little trolling potential.

But i do enjoy playing him , i use him in a mission in one of two modes:

First Constraint erosion: Allude active while getting to an objective and desolate hands disarming enemies along the way no shot fired . full survivability and enemy damage nullification. and due to how enemy spawning works , at the end of the tunnel there will be enemies with only melee attacks and i will have fully eroded constraint.

Then Constraint build up : Allude inactive , cast sleep , bring out the storm and punch stuff- the innate 40% DR and the desolate hand bonus 90% DR makes it very tanky. cast desolate hands once the dagger count becomes a little lower , use zenurik to charge energy.

Hint: dont have too much range so daggers dont fly off when allude is inactive. people say the abilities have anti synergy , but i find it to work fine this way.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I dont get Baruuk, like you wait for enemies to shoot you till you do nothing while your storm within charges, while that thing goes max I could have killed way more enemies than using that ability, so I rather use Wukong with his staff and his defy ability, its almost the same

Subjective. I abhor him, doesn't matter if he's good or not. Before you tell me I'm a meta slave or something, stop writing, cause I'm not.

Well that's your opinion and everyone can have one just like I don't like standing around spamming 4 with Saryn or Mesa.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

I dont get Baruuk, like you wait for enemies to shoot you till you do nothing while your storm within charges, while that thing goes max I could have killed way more enemies than using that ability, so I rather use Wukong with his staff and his defy ability, its almost the same

However, Baruuk's 4 does have one good use. Sortie missions on Jupiter(or any tileset with an abundance of cliffs). Send enemies flying off the cliffs to be rid of them without relying on a Saryn or some other nuke frame.

I see no problem about Serene Storm I just read about. I use Baruuk and quite enjoy his ult. You just use his sleep for his 4 and and it charges very fast, making it possible to have it on forever. I even had a Baruuk killing many enemies and easily going to wave 14 ESO. 

I rly enjoy playing baruuk, going completely insane with his 4 while having 90 and 40% damage reduction on.

• Like 2

I don't understand what I'm doing with Baruuk if this is how he's supposed to be played.

I tend to favor using his 3 to spread DR to allies and reduce incoming damage and I have never had issues killing things with Serene Storm and the forward combo, I hit for crazy high crits with it too.

I actually almost never use Baruuk's Elude at all since I spend way too much time fighting/shooting to take advantage of it. 

I also run an Umbral Build on him so dying almost requires me to be asleep at the wheel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I don't understand what I'm doing with Baruuk if this is how he's supposed to be played.

I tend to favor using his 3 to spread DR to allies and reduce incoming damage and I have never had issues killing things with Serene Storm and the forward combo, I hit for crazy high crits with it too.

I actually almost never use Baruuk's Elude at all since I spend way too much time fighting/shooting to take advantage of it. 

I also run an Umbral Build on him so dying almost requires me to be asleep at the wheel.

I play a little differently, mainly because I run a 200% range build so I get full protection from Elude, leading me to run into crowds of enemies and just stand there while they attempt to attack me.

People don't like his 4 mainly just because it's not as strong as or stronger than chromatic blade augmented EB, that's literally it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

People don't like his 4 mainly just because it's not as strong as or stronger than chromatic blade augmented EB, that's literally it!

Yeah, thats a thing too. Problem is that, due to the nature of Warframe as it is now, people don't seem to realize that Baruuk's 4 is more of a CC tool with decent damage stats than a kill weapon. I mean, it has a wide AOE cone shockwave with extremely strong knock-back and mediocre stats. How could anyone look at that and say "This is a kill weapon", especially since the frame it's on is a CC-oriented frame with the theme of a pacifistic monk.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

the storm charges very quickly.  a sew casts of his 2 will often bring you down to half or use eluded and a heavy gunner/beam weapon to bring it down faster.  his 4 if you know the combos decimates fodder units letting you take a gun that is good at heavy killing or a dagger for fast finishers

5 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

That ISNT how you play Baruuk... sure pop his 1 often when you have the energy, but you want to erode restraint?.. pop his CC,

Bullet jump vertical  or find a high point so you have line of sight to as many enemies as possible and pop his CC, boom youve removed a quarter to a 3rd of his restraint instantly... also his Daggers constantly chip away at it.

If you play baruuk properly you can have his restraint gone in 20 seconds easily or low enough that you can keep it on permanently once activated... just keep on casting daggers when you drop below 9 and keep poping out that CC on fresh waves of enemies.

As for his exalted falling off... if i can clear a group of 100lvl trash mobs with a couple of taps of my melee key id hardly call it falling off, sure he isnt one shoting the heavy units (hell just run up and close range melee with the exalted and they die in a second or two any way), but that aint Baruuks job, mega trash mob clearing is, in my opinion... i mean im always watching my mini map face an incoming group of enemies (even if they are behind a wall or other obstacle) cleared... another group coming up behind me on the map 180 around, one second latter another group gone...

I really do think that the people who call him bad are hardcore meta humpers or simply havent even tried him outside of leveling him to 30 in a single run of Hydron.

43 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

the storm charges very quickly.  a sew casts of his 2 will often bring you down to half or use eluded and a heavy gunner/beam weapon to bring it down faster.  his 4 if you know the combos decimates fodder units letting you take a gun that is good at heavy killing or a dagger for fast finishers

^^^

His block combo is probably the best in my opinion (the over head kick) although its waves are weaker but alot faster. Jump block slam to draw in enemies then block combo the group and pull any others back in... also tends to be his fastest combo from what i can see, the other one has that odd delay as he spins around to make a wave that is annoying.

Edited by ColPresumptuous

45 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Baruuk's 4 is more of a CC tool with decent damage

Yes. Definitely. It's wide reach kill fodder and CC very easily; and use alternative resource. See heavy unit? Whip out your gun and shoot it then go back to air bending. 

4 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Yes. Definitely. It's wide reach kill fodder and CC very easily; and use alternative resource. See heavy unit? Whip out your gun and shoot it then go back to air bending. 

Of course. Problem is, if an exalted weapon isn't basically a copy-paste of either augmented Exalted Blade or Peacemaker, then an unfortunate number of extremely vocal players will whine and scream until it's changed to be like them, no matter how long it takes, if it happens at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

"Srry, my warframe is a pacifist."

standing still until you lose all Restraint then pop 4 is one way of doing it, but I've been using Baruuk a lot recently, and he's far from useless. easiest way to play him is keep 3 up at all times: not only does Desolate Hands disarm enemies (arguably better than Loki does since you don't have to spam it all the time), you also get health back for hitting Disarmed enemies, and each enemy disarmed takes Restraint. just keep using 3 until you can use his 4.

but the best part is, you can use his 3 and 4 simultaneously, so you have an Exalted Weapon, Disarms, and healing active at all times. how is that NOT strong? he's an excellent melee frame, since you can sustain health and force ranged enemies to fight on your terms. Baruuk's a pacifist because he knows how strong he is lol.

• Like 2

Baruk exalted weapon deals more damage than exalted blade, obviously it's an anti corpus frame or just use the finisher.The main problem is that you can't increment the combo counter because he throws far away the enemies..

Edited by bibmobello

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Also his only ability that’s supposed to deal damage falls off sooner than any other exalted weapon.

Honestly imo melee 2.99997 or w/e we're calling it now addressed the biggest issues of Baruuk and Wukong's exalted weapons. They both do really high base damage and they both have good crit stats. They were always held back more by status chance and you not being able to shoot while they're equipped than they were by bloodrush/maiming strike not working. New melee system if an enemy has too much armor shoot them twice with a corrosive Mara detron or a pox, don't have to cancel the ability anymore. Also makes condition overload scale way stronger.