Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just realized this, Baruuk players actually have an excuse not to do anything in missions

1 hour ago, Firetrucksrule said:

Honestly imo melee 2.99997 or w/e we're calling it now addressed the biggest issues of Baruuk and Wukong's exalted weapons. They both do really high base damage and they both have good crit stats. They were always held back more by status chance and you not being able to shoot while they're equipped than they were by bloodrush/maiming strike not working. New melee system if an enemy has too much armor shoot them twice with a corrosive Mara detron or a pox, don't have to cancel the ability anymore. Also makes condition overload scale way stronger. 

That’s what we can a “band-aid” fix. And most likely an unintentional one at that. And there’s still the issue of having to shoot the enemy and then melee them, which by the time you’re done shooting at the enemies to proc status on them any of the other exalted users would’ve already killed those enemies.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

He isn't doing anything anyway.

-Casually Baruuk's up entire team in Mot endless relic mission while taking little to no damage-

Pacifism is fun, especially when things start asking "WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?".

Rag-dolling enemies all over the place with fist shot shockwaves is also fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

his 4 if you know the combos decimates fodder units letting you take a gun that is good at heavy killing or a dagger for fast finishers

The new quick switching in amd out of exhalteds makes this really easy for wearing down heavies. Aim, couple Corrosive procs, Desert Wind now has no problems.

Alternatively, throw down a Lull, walk over the Heavy and use a Finisher. You can do this with Desert Wind just fine. Baruuk struggles with the exact problem Excal does with EB: damage falling off against high Armor, but has a built-in Finisher setup to get around the problem. Yes, Chromatic Blade can melt through heavies now, but comparing an augmented ability to base is an unfair comparison.

• Like 1

Grab a Pox, toss a few at your feet or have Azima or any other "place somewhere and have it corrosive enemies in an area". spam your Block combo and enemies get brought into the corrosive. Add in the Shattering impact and corrosive procs and even the heavy gunners break down in seconds lvl 150 and above... everything else gets killed in one or two hits and the 90 degree wide cone of death is far stronger than it needs to be. Exalted blade is more effective in a line.. but a beam vs a wide cone lets storm hit far more targets. to make a point, Hysteria is even stronger than exalted blade, at least by 4x potential damage per second. but people dont like her due to how short ranged her damage is...

build him right and you can easily go 2 hours in any mission.

sigh............

anyways... Good joke OP.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

that'd be the optimal way to use Baruuk generally, yes. Desert Wind/Serene Storm has no real purpose so you use your normal Weapons + his Abilities. purely a walking Gun Platform.

The optimal use of Baruuk is to almost never use Elude, spamming Desolate Hands, Lulling hordes of enemies for that Restraint loss, and then sweeping entire rooms like a wrecking ball with no downtime. He's especially strong on Survival, Defense, and Mobile Defense, due to his ability to deal with huge amounts of enemies at the same time.

I feel like Baruuk is like Octavia, Zephyr, Harrow, Rhino, Banshee and other frames of that sort. The majority of players think they're bad, when all it takes is thinking for a few moments to understand how these frames work. They way they work, is, by the way, tremendously good. Meanwhile, Rhino spawns presses 2, forgets the rest of his kit. Frost spawns, hops onto an objective, presses 3, forgets about the rest of his kit. Mesa spawns, presses 4, etc. - synergistic frames or frames with synergistic kits are often disregarded.

See this thread for more examples.

• Like 2

Adaptation min range Baruuk is the only way I bother to play.

When Sortie enemies deal damage in decimals it is quite funny.

13 hours ago, ColPresumptuous said:

I really do think that the people who call him bad are hardcore meta humpers or simply havent even tried him outside of leveling him to 30 in a single run of Hydron.

I didnt say he is bad, and no I am not a 'meta humper' but thanks anyways, I just preffer warframes that get right to killing enemies as they activate an ability or I prefer warframes like nezha that act as support. baruuk is not my kind of frame, thats all I am saying. And that if I wanted to be unkillable I would use Wukong defy and staff build or Inaros

7 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

The optimal use of Baruuk is to almost never use Elude, spamming Desolate Hands, Lulling hordes of enemies for that Restraint loss, and then sweeping entire rooms like a wrecking ball with no downtime. He's especially strong on Survival, Defense, and Mobile Defense, due to his ability to deal with huge amounts of enemies at the same time.

I feel like Baruuk is like Octavia, Zephyr, Harrow, Rhino, Banshee and other frames of that sort. The majority of players think they're bad, when all it takes is thinking for a few moments to understand how these frames work. They way they work, is, by the way, tremendously good. Meanwhile, Rhino spawns presses 2, forgets the rest of his kit. Frost spawns, hops onto an objective, presses 3, forgets about the rest of his kit. Mesa spawns, presses 4, etc. - synergistic frames or frames with synergistic kits are often disregarded.

See this thread for more examples.

Uh...Octavia is the most broken frame in the game right now outside of open world bosses.....

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

If its not Exilus Compatible then thats guaranteed not to be used. 

Exilus usage is reserved for mods involving movement. And they will only work with augments that only affect movement. There is no possible way they could make an exilus compatible augment for Serene Storm.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Exilus usage is reserved for mods involving movement. And they will only work with augments that only affect movement. There is no possible way they could make an exilus compatible augment for Serene Storm.

Shame... then Augments ate doomed forever.  😞

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They could make something that makes Baruuk move faster/pseudo-warp while under the effect of Serene Storm.

Like being able to flash-step between enemies to hit them, it would be a neat way to show just how much Baruuk is holding himself back for the ideal of Pacifism and just how insane he can be when he stops.

On 2019-05-05 at 11:05 PM, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Baruuk is a fun frame. Games should be about having fun not about always having the absolute highest DPS with the same setup every mission.

Play Atlas, fun + highest DPS /kill count all wrapped in one, a complete package.

13 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

The optimal use of Baruuk is to almost never use Elude, spamming Desolate Hands, Lulling hordes of enemies for that Restraint loss, and then sweeping entire rooms like a wrecking ball with no downtime.

i'm not sure why i was pinged for this - either, we're just agreeing, or you must have pinged the wrong person or something.

since the only thing i suggested to not use is Desert Wind / Serene Storm, because it doesn't have a purpose to be used. i did suggest using literally everything else the Warframe has.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Why this when Loki can turn the room into a bar fight,and nobody knows he's there.

I guess we all know who the man in the back is, now everyone attack!

Spoiler

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade343 said:

Because Loki doesn't supply the bottles needed for a true bar fight.

Lets be honest here, the Sheevs and Provas most enemies use when disarmed might as well be bottles for all the damage they do to us.

10 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Lets be honest here, the Sheevs and Provas most enemies use when disarmed might as well be bottles for all the damage they do to us.

That's if they even live long enough to hit you. I swear that the Corpus swing that Prova so slow that you can think about all your life choices until this moment before they hit you with it!