Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shoulder to cry on

Khtugg

Greetings Tenno,

I just spent the better part of a Terran night on the Plains of Eidolon, seeking to capture three of the sentient giants with 3 fellows. It was going well enough but the last big guy, a hydrolyst I think, was having none of it. Me and one other kept being knocked sprawling and sure enough I was lying in the grass, clutching my entrails, when the great hydrolyst yielded and was captured. But no salvation for me. My fellow Tenno were busy maintaining their greed and reaping the crop we all were part in sowing. Yes I did fall many times during the struggle but my oberon's regen was helping stacking the odds in our favour and I was spamming an X27 amp. Participate Khtugg did.

To be honest though I completely understand their actions. I mean, why try and pickup a wounded fellow within a time limit when you could try and pick up the loot from the eidolons, loot that stay for the rest of the match... Yōhei through and through.

But I'm not bitter...

no really...

I care not...

PS: I'm boiling over with bile and not a small amount of wrath. Rules are rules, I get it, but I had to vent!

My revives were spent. "HydroBro" made areas distinctly unhealthy for my oberon. I have have made it through the Terrible Trio before, and once with Oberon. Maintaining energy was a female dog, and as I said I just couldn't keep up. That is why I was left in the ditch with a konroc pecking me in the eye. Or maybe they just forgot about me... either way it is not a comforting thought.

Time to revisit the guides and do some min-maxing.

6 minutes ago, Khtugg said:

Maintaining energy was a female dog

Did you know that standing on his 2 prevents status procs? 

6 minutes ago, Khtugg said:

"HydroBro" made areas distinctly unhealthy for my oberon

You don't have to stand there. You can move.

Do you use Phoenix Renewal? Helps a lot.

Jeez this community is going in the trash bin. Seriously its proof the game's almost dead. Users have been "female dogs" to each other. Sorry this happened in your fight with harry. I get the impact of it, it sucks to go through all of that, and to be a healer dude and your team doesn't even have your back at the end. Tragic. If little kids couldn't read this, I would love to word it differently, bet you would too... lol

4 minutes ago, RaDiaFox said:

I get the impact of it, it sucks to go through all of that, and to be a healer dude and your team doesn't even have your back at the end. Tragic.

I'm playing support most of the time. Oberon and Trinity. People are grateful. They thank me fo the support. Never had a bad experience. But then again, I can stay alive and don't need revives every 2 seconds.

Hunter Adrenaline or Rage would help you maintain energy. Just go with a high strength, high efficiency build, your heals with that build along with the armor you can cram out of it should trivialize most unhealthy patches of bad stuff while also regaining your energy.

Sad though that the team didnt rezz you.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

I'm playing support most of the time. Oberon and Trinity. People are grateful. They thank me fo the support. Never had a bad experience. But then again, I can stay alive and don't need revives every 2 seconds. 

That's good for you, but I have been hearing from hundreds of people of all these 'bad experiences' with users. I've had a few myself that I'd expect from Overwatch or LOL but not from the supposed cult community.

6 minutes ago, RaDiaFox said:

That's good for you, but I have been hearing from hundreds of people of all these 'bad experiences' with users. I've had a few myself that I'd expect from Overwatch or LOL but not from the supposed cult community.

The thing is people take positive experiences as a given. They don't remember such encounters.
But if another player was an A******, then people will remember.

There aren't more bad encounters than there are good encounters. It's just people talk more about the bad experiences, that's all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RaDiaFox said:

Would you have these "hundreds" of complaints documented somewhere? 

Honestly, it's just easier overall with Trinity. Throw down some energy pads occasionally, use lots of 4's. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

There aren't more bad encounters than there are good encounters. It's just people talk more about the bad experiences, that's all.

So you know all encounters there ever was?

1 minute ago, -AS-Delimit said:

Would you have these "hundreds" of complaints documented somewhere? 

Yes, they took screenshots of each event.

Just now, RaDiaFox said:

Yes, they took screenshots of each event.

You should create an imgur album, I'd be interested to see these "hundreds" of cases that you've heard about. 

I will say, that's a pretty short time span to be A) knowing that many people playing. B) hearing from "hundreds".

1 minute ago, RaDiaFox said:

So you know all encounters there ever was?

I know how the human brain works.

Just look at the forum. How many threads are there saying "good Job DE. I like what you did"?
And then look at all the threads saying "DE, you #*!%ed up. You are bad, and nothing you do is ever going to work".
There are more threads of the later kind. And still Warframe is goind strong. 50 million registered accounts? Quite the number.
As I said, people take it as a given if things go well. They don't comment on it.
But as soon as things go south, people will start ranting.
That's just how things work. That's how humans work.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I know how the human brain works.

Just look at the forum. How many threads are there saying "good Job DE. I like what you did"?
And then look at all the threads saying "DE, you #*!%ed up. You are bad, and nothing you do is ever going to work".
There are more threads of the later kind. And still Warframe is goind strong. 50 million registered accounts? Quite the number.
As I said, people take it as a given if things go well. They don't comment on it.
But as soon as things go south, people will start ranting.
That's just how things work. That's how humans work.

You're probably right, I'm probably just reading too much into stories people tell me. Constantly sending me pics of these bad instances, constantly complaining about annoying things. Like seriously three more people started on discord in my dms on bad events in this game with other players. Look at OP's statement, look at the first response, they don't even address each other! OP was disappointed with his teammates, while your talking gameplay. I think I may have gone too far with this though. Screw it, I'm going shopping, have a nice day, and prey I find good shoes.

Maybe you need some arcane nullifiers, You are also unkillable no matter what your frame is if you know when to stay safe using your operator. Always bring energy, life, ammo pads in hunts.

It is a bad experience, but timing is everything with the Hydrolyst. The remaining squad might have been forced to choose between reviving you or just panicked and just had a shot at him. Dust yourself up, it only takes a bit more practice.

Edited by Alpha_Tango

Humans latch onto and remember the bad much more so than the good. A lot of times if you have 50 good things happen and 3 bad things happen people will constantly tell you about the bad and forget that the good even happened.

As for the constantly dying its just a matter of learning how the fight goes. When I first tried the fight I died more than a few times. But once you learn how everything works you'll generally be fine.

7 hours ago, RaDiaFox said:

Look at OP's statement, look at the first response, they don't even address each other! OP was disappointed with his teammates, while your talking gameplay. 

There is a reason for OP dying.
These reasons have to do with gameplay. Why did he die? Was his build "bad"? Maybe he doesn't know all the moves a Hydrolyst does.
If he gets better at knowing what to do against a Hydrolyst, he will die less, maybe even not die at all. If he doesn't die he won't get in the same situation as he decribed.

What his team-mates did wasn't good. But it happened. We can't change that now. What we can do is help with strategies, so that OP has a better time the next time he hunts Eidolons.

I'm guilty of not rezzing people on eidolons and I can explain. Sort of.

First, don't rez yourself until the timer runs out unless you really know what you are doing. Many people die over and over again on Terry and instarez. Only to completely bleed out on Harry. I can spare time rezzing you on Terry. Not on Harry.

Second, people falling over and over again typically means things are going south and you need to carry them through the fight. I'm not entirely confident in my tridolon soloing, much less solo it while picking up people left and right. If multiple people are dying on Harry I assume I'm soloing him and the rest should try to focus on keeping each other alive. I write it in chat if I have time.

Third, dragging out the fight, especially on Harry, makes it exponentially harder. So bleeding out in a green puddle is a decent strategy on Harry. If you have a good catchmoon you can even contribute with synovias. You also won't be dying again and requiring a resurrection in the next 15 seconds. To rez you I have to drop everything I'm doing which means the lures will have a higher chance to explode (and I'll need to bring a new set while Harry kills you over and over again), Harry will call for shield backup, other people start dropping, fight drags out, you have more chances to die. Realistically the only time I have to pick you up is during an energy spike. If your bleedout timer ends by then, tough luck.

Overall solo carrying 3 people through a tridolon is a miserable experience, and by the time night is over, I'm squeezed like a lemon.

If you are just starting and don't know the patterns, failing is pretty normal though. Learn the fight, git gut, get r3 arcanes for additional revives, don't worry anymore. Learning is hard, that's normal.

• Like 1

Another group Tridolon shenanigans thread. Been seeing quite a few of these lately. I know not all, or even a majority of, Tridolon groups are like that, but still, I feel for people who have to put up with this - and a bit glad that I hunt solo.

Not against going to groups by any means, just that if these kinds of things ever happen to me, I'd be able to roll up my sleeves and go; "Fine. I'll do this s*** all by myself. You people can just get the Hell out of my way."

Edited by KnossosTNC