Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to make K-Drives more relevant

(NSW)AnimePanda

Make it so that upon mounting a K-Drive you switch to your operator if you've unlocked them with a slight amount of energy regen comparable to archwings.

Enable the use of your operator's abilities, void blast would let it become a more combat focused vehicle & warp dash would make it a viable option for speed compared to the Itzal but still not surpassing it so those who've already invested forma in it retain their value.

This could be further improved upon if DE made new mods to go with it like restoring energy for doing tricks, kill skill buffs & much more for example the suggestions found in the comments below.

Finally the most important part is you would be able to look like a proper vent pobber.

I mean what more could you want it buffs speed, combat ability, utility & fashion? It's the dream patch.

P.S. I forgot to mention ragdoll NEEDS to be removed. Falling off your K-Drive is annoying but manageable the problem is when you ragdoll it oftentimes launches you over 100m or through the ground sending you back to Fortuna's entrance or at least it does on the Switch version.

Edited by (NSW)AnimePanda

Allowing the use of weapons while on it would be a big help along with buffing the damage mods a lot(enter OV with no bounty and it barely does anything with maxed mods).

They could even add a new mission type to the bounties if they add combat to them, Convoy Raid.  Ground transports with anti-air defense turrets going between Space Port and other locations which are to fast for most frames to keep up with.  Use K-drives to board and disable the transports then defend until pickup.

I agree that adding Operators to the mix would also be an improvement

• Like 4

Allowing the use of weapons on the K-Drive would mean disallowing skateboarding tricks. I fully approve because I absolutely hate that angle, but I don't think enough people share that opinion.

Or, you know, let me use my K-Drive inside all instances even outside of Cetus and Fortuna. That ought to give it an extra function which Archwings can't do.

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

Allowing the use of weapons on the K-Drive would mean disallowing skateboarding tricks.

Not really, they just need to add a button to switch modes, like it was with guns / melee switch before since that button isn't used anymore.

• Like 1

Infirito, that button is still used.  F swaps between primary and secondary.  Could still be used though by just making it cycle between tricks/primary/secondary.

Or they could use X for that since you can't use anything while on a K-drive.

Just give the K drives a way to boost up. The only reason K-drives are not used as much as Archwing in regards of repetitive and long term  gameplay activity, is because Archwing is faster. 

Reducing the time to reach the location of your mission, seems to be the main focus of most players, which can be argumented as the intented choice they made by chosing their respective mission. Meaning the mission at the location at which the most activity takes place, brings for the majority of the players the most entertainment. As such a K-Drive which is regarded -here atleast- as a possible transport vehicle cannot compete against an Archwing in its current state as it is not even half as fast.

The idea of OP to create variety by allowing an operator to drive and giving him additional methods of regaining energy would most likely be exploited as an additional tactic in fighting and destroying eidolons. As such a specific purpose it would also most likely not lead to additional variety namely in more gameplay in Orb Vallis.

23 hours ago, Infirito said:

Not really, they just need to add a button to switch modes, like it was with guns / melee switch before since that button isn't used anymore.

There's no real need for a button to switch modes it could be as simple as disabling weapons & skills in favor of tricks while mid-air or grinding.

16 hours ago, 80think08 said:

Just give the K drives a way to boost up. The only reason K-drives are not used as much as Archwing in regards of repetitive and long term  gameplay activity, is because Archwing is faster.

The idea of OP to create variety by allowing an operator to drive and giving him additional methods of regaining energy would most likely be exploited as an additional tactic in fighting and destroying eidolons. As such a specific purpose it would also most likely not lead to additional variety namely in more gameplay in Orb Vallis.

The problem with the idea of just make K-Drives faster is they are a grounded vehicle so even if they're as fast or faster than Archwings they would still be the inferior option in the Valis because of the terrain & they would be much harder to control leading to wipe outs which cost time.

As for Eidolon hunters exploiting the energy regen well... I honestly didn't think about that cause I don't hunt them but a simple fix would be just to make it so there's no energy regen it & make K-Drives stop energy decay or make K-Drives use a separate energy bar like Archwings. Both of which might still be exploitable not sure since like I said I haven't really gotten too deep into Eidolon hunting yet.

A few ideas I have on the matter:

K-Drives could be updated either with their own abilities or allow warframe abilities to be used. Ivara's Prowl, Valkyr's Hysteria and Limbo's rift thing could be pretty interesting to see while K-driving about.

I would also suggest adding some sort of recovery button to hit if knocked off your K-drive. We are space ninjas, it would be awesome if even if knocked off, you could recover before hitting the ground to get back on it!

For Archwing I think a simple solution would be allowing you to fly vertically upwards to a certain height to allow a 'fast travel' menu to pop up and select where you want to touch down, or allow you to return to Fortuna. This keeps the archwings different but gives the travel versatility to all archwings that is the issue currently. 

It would be a lot harder to make K-Drives compatible with all the various warframe's abilities which is part of the reason I suggested Operators instead.

If you could just press a button to recover the Perfect Balance mod would become basically useless but it's not a bad idea.

If fast travel like that was added no one would use vehicles period.