Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Players

Shadowh4nd

I'm just very confused why so many players are flight-only Hildryns. That is, they do not cast anything other than Aegis, they do not shoot balefire while in it. They are CC only, and impressed by this. I originally thought it was a troll, however, it's now 3/4ths of the (mr20+) Hildryn players that I've come across. Are the ability tooltips misleading? Is there something I'm missing?

I've come to the conclusion that Hildryn will never be nerfed, as no one uses her pillage or haven to find out how they work. Here are a few examples.

xXAbuRx.jpg

b0umhvD.jpg

DE, please explain

Edited by Shadowh4nd
blur

3 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

They're giving you energy and cc. As a main of a the frame. If I feel like everyone is fine dps wise. I tend to play more of a supportive/ tank role. 

I would argue that spammable 50-60% armor strip and a team wide cleanse is more supportive than energy orbs

• Like 3

Too bad you didn't play with me then. I moslty use her 2, and sometimes her 3 if I feel like allies might need the shield buff. I don't use her Balefire very often, but it's pretty usefull in some cases (ex Wolf spawns as I'm leveling a Penta and an un-potato'd Stubba, so I turn to my Pure Rad Balefire). 

The ability I use the less is her Aegis Storm, mainly because the CC isn't that usefull when my allies are killing everything before they an even drop one energy orb, and since you can only use Balefire to attack enemies, your shields deplete very quickly. At least with my build.

I have been leveling Hildryn and watching videos on her builds and abilities.

I am pretty sure playing her and watching the youtube streamers like Brozine and their opinions may help the OP understand it a bit from a players view.

Edit, I barely use her abilities, changed the build twice, probably wont invest forma. Not sure what I want to do with her and mods.

Edited by SastusBulbas

She is really annoying if you play Oberon. The extra shields are completely worthless since I need to feed energy via Rage.

Also, most people probs just want to get her to 30 and use something else.

Only using her 2 (quite a spam !) and 3 (100% uptime), barely ever her 4. Mainly because I'm mostly doing Arbitrations with her and that's annoying having to cancel the Storm every few seconds to blast the Balefire-immune Drones. So I just... don't go full helicopter mode.

Quite a shame, I feel like the Drones could be kill-able by Balefire without it being overpowered, as this weapon's blast is not that huge. I can understand they're immune to Exalted Blade or Peacemaker but Balefire...

• Like 4

Il y a 10 heures, Datam4ss a dit :

She is really annoying if you play Oberon. The extra shields are completely worthless since I need to feed energy via Rage.

You could say the same about Mag players who use Crush. Or any player nuking the map before you can see an enemy. 

And her 3 gives allies the same invulnerabiliy phase that Pheonix Renewal gives, but with shields rather than health, so you can choose to save your energy for when your shields are depleted and use that time to cast 2 and 3. 

Her ult dropping energy orbs is also very usefull for frames that can't rely on other energy regens, like Zenurik, Pizzas and EV. It's also a lot better if you have Arcane Energize. 

And besides, if enemies are CC'd by her ult, you tecnhicaly don't need to have Renewal active all the time since they can't damage you anyway. 

Hildryn is basicaly the first defensive line with her CC and shield buff, and if she falls, then it's time for Oberon/Trin/etc. to save the day. Imho, it's better to have 2 chances to save the team than just one. 

il y a 43 minutes, Softballbryan a dit :

She’s a decent frame... when playing in an unorganized group, sit back and enjoy what she does....

The goal of a Co-op game is not for somebody to do everything while others "sit back" and wait for the mission to be over.