Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadowh4nd

Hildryn Players

She’s a decent frame... when playing in an unorganized group, sit back and enjoy what she does....

il y a 43 minutes, Softballbryan a dit :

She’s a decent frame... when playing in an unorganized group, sit back and enjoy what she does....

The goal of a Co-op game is not for somebody to do everything while others "sit back" and wait for the mission to be over. 

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

The goal of a Co-op game is not for somebody to do everything while others "sit back" and wait for the mission to be over. 

She’s does something with her 4

à l’instant, Softballbryan a dit :

She’s does something with her 4

Hum, like every Warframe? Might want to elaborate because this means nothing.

Just now, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Hum, like every Warframe? Might want to elaborate because this means nothing.

Her 4 provides cc while draining enemies health and allows for energy orbs to drop. Others may shoot and kill the cc enemy from her 4.... others can pickup energy orbs and assist in the mission... her 4 allows others a break so they can recharge shields, take a sip of tea, or reorganize... stuff like that 

It's not frame specific, it's player specific. Some people like getting carried in nigh invulnerable frames, others like to carry. Some dint know how  to carry, done don't even know hire how to contribute. Some people bring Opticors to Survival missions,others bubble with Frost on Infested missions. Doesn't matter if is Hildryn or not.

Shield pillage and haven pretty much allows you to carry the squad through any kill-based mission.

I use with a rivened tonkor to great effect.

17 hours ago, moostar95 said:

They're giving you energy and cc. As a main of  the frame. If I feel like everyone is fine dps wise. I tend to play more of a supportive/ tank role. 

wait she gives energy? I know the CC it useful (had a friendly hyldrin when fighting wolf she kept the minions incheck while we killed him) but I use Oberon and Valk to frames where I don't often get energy form allies.  

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

wait she gives energy? I know the CC it useful (had a friendly hyldrin when fighting wolf she kept the minions incheck while we killed him) but I use Oberon and Valk to frames where I don't often get energy form allies.  

Yeah, blue orbs that drop when enemies get near her and fly in the air.

19 hours ago, Shadowh4nd said:

I've come to the conclusion that Hildryn will never be nerfed, as no one uses her pillage or haven to find out how they work. Here are a few examples

different play style mate. I have high str, negative eff, low duration build, and I only use her 1 + 2. There is even another immortal build with really low amount of shield.

I didn't really get 3 until I was doing an arbitration and playing with it. Mostly because the obviously affected enemies have to be near you for you to get the overshields.

I mean, it seems so simple, but I think it's because I used it first and tested it out during the fractures operation with 4 canisters in at once. Basically I wasn't near any enemies and as I was using her 4, I didn't feel like moving towards them. If the nullifier bubble wasn't up, I was generally guarding the canisters.

Incidentally, I am pretty sure 1 feeds into 4. As in, it exists to some degree so you have at least one way to attack while using 4. It eats shields, but that's what 3 is for. The whole kit synergizes beautifully.

That's beyond loving her look when I saw previews for her. I thought she was going to be a primarily defensive frame, but she is... kind of defensive and "A good defense is a good offense," sort of frame. It's pretty satisfying playing her, imo. I hope they don't nerf her, but wouldn't be surprised if they do.

her 1 is not really good, her 2nd is supposed to keep the shields up but can't be used with her 4th, her 3 is okayish but affecting NPCs is just a waste.

but her 4th is just awesome : great CC, not much affected by nullifiers, proc energy orbs, deals correct DoT, and the "magic trick" : it still run while in operator mode ! Bring a Vazarin, bring a good amp and in addition to CC and DoT you'll be able to pew pew with your amp while having tons of energy to keep staying invisible.

the downside : don't get killed while in operator mode. but Vazarin helps you a lot for that.

Pro-tip : NPCs usually don't attack frames while in operator mode, and you can check the remaining shields, and once the shield are down, the ability stop and the shields regen starts. so you can re-enter your frame, press 4 and then go back to operator mode

Those are the people hellbent on playing support even when there is no need for support, the people hellbent on playing CC when there is no need for CC.

2+3 just supports your group better because everyone has overshields and gating along with all mobs having alot less armor or shields without having to waste an aura slot on something like CP. Sure it may not be fun if you need to rely on no shields to manage energy etc. but you wont need to anyway because you have shield gates instead. I mean yeah it may suck playing Oberon with a Hildryn in the group, just as it sucks playing Hildryn with 3 CP users or a Mag/Oberon/Ash/other armor stripper in the group.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Those are the people hellbent on playing support even when there is no need for support, the people hellbent on playing CC when there is no need for CC.

2+3 just supports your group better because everyone has overshields and gating along with all mobs having alot less armor or shields without having to waste an aura slot on something like CP. Sure it may not be fun if you need to rely on no shields to manage energy etc. but you wont need to anyway because you have shield gates instead. I mean yeah it may suck playing Oberon with a Hildryn in the group, just as it sucks playing Hildryn with 3 CP users or a Mag/Oberon/Ash/other armor stripper in the group.

Pretty much this. I rarely use her 4 at all since her 2 lets me strip shields and armour while also killing them. I use her 1 for kicks, but rarely if ever use her 4 since it ccs you as much as it ccs enemies. Actually kinda irks me seeing Hildryn's use her 4 cause enemies would die faster if she was actually shooting her guns rather than waiting for allies to kill them.

EDIT: To expand in the content where you want the cc from her 4 it isn't good enough. In the content where her 4 does good damage you don't need the cc.

12 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

You could say the same about Mag players who use Crush. Or any player nuking the map before you can see an enemy. 

And her 3 gives allies the same invulnerabiliy phase that Pheonix Renewal gives, but with shields rather than health, so you can choose to save your energy for when your shields are depleted and use that time to cast 2 and 3. 

Her ult dropping energy orbs is also very usefull for frames that can't rely on other energy regens, like Zenurik, Pizzas and EV. It's also a lot better if you have Arcane Energize. 

And besides, if enemies are CC'd by her ult, you tecnhicaly don't need to have Renewal active all the time since they can't damage you anyway. 

Hildryn is basicaly the first defensive line with her CC and shield buff, and if she falls, then it's time for Oberon/Trin/etc. to save the day. Imho, it's better to have 2 chances to save the team than just one. 

I disagree on this, actually - you hardly need her shield buff if you can exchange her for something with harder CC or damage. In the case of Sortie Defense where you use Oberon to heal the guy, it would be better to clear the waves faster than try to ride it out.

Trinity is still superior as a "first line defense" as she can apply DR, do EV and heal both health and shields. In terms of team comp, I just cannot see the purpose of Hildryn which another frame cannot do better.

Building around Arcanes is pointless - not all players have them. It's like saying Nekros is good with Arcane Pulse, really.

People will play how they want to play. If your in a PUG squad then you have to accept that people wont play how you want/think is good all the time.