Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for Arbitrations

Ulex135

First I want to say thank you for the changes to the Arbitrations thus far.  The extra rewards gives players more of a reason to play the mode as well as the new revive system let's teams revive one anther if they die making the mode more fun for pre-made teams of friends.

But sadly one of the greatest issues of the mode is the time investment.  And while I understand that this is intentional to give the staff time to develop the next big content drop. Many people simply won't even bother with such a game mode if it takes twice as long to get any meaningful rewards.  Thus kinda defeating the point.

So might I suggest a compromise between both the developers goals and the players goals?  As things stand right now there is very little penalty for a total party wipe, mostly a loss of mods, parts and credits dropped from enemies.  Which I really do like as to punish players for a host migration is something to be avoided at all costs.  But instead of punishing perhaps a reward for successfully completing the mission instead?

As things stand players need 224 Vitus essence to get just one of each reward in the Arbitrations.  Which is an insane time investment.  To do this with just survival missions you will have to spend just over 37 hours in an Arbitration in total.  Or 2,240‬ waves of defense, etc.  Only the most dedicated of players are going to do this.  So how about we potentially cut that number in half?  Note I said potentially.

Upon successfully ending the mission all surviving players will gain double the Vitus essence they gained during that Arbitration.  But only if they survived. Also, as another potential bonus you might consider is giving all players a bonus item from the C reward tier should they end the mission after reaching the C tier. You could also consider doing the same thing for the other tiers for ending the mission on those but that may result in spamming only the A tier reward pool. Which I don't see happening since you can only do one Arbitration per hour.

The only real downsides I can see to this is people jumping out of the mission early by heading to the exit.  Which can be an issue for survival and extraction type missions where you can leave with the new endless type rules.  And it would put more pressure on people to try and end the mission successfully to avoid losing these new rewards. As well as put pressure on players to try and keep the host alive at all costs to prevent a host migration.  But this might be good enough to fix one of the greatest issues with this game mode, namely the time investment.

Hope this gives food for thought.

And try your best not to overwork yourselves for Tennocon!  Always try and remember that You are your own greatest asset.

Edited by Ulex135