Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime - Arbitration Build 2.0

withinmyself

I apologize if it's bad form to re-post a similar discussion so soon but it seemed relevant.

I've taken in feedback from Reddit users and Warframe forum users.  I learned a few things and argued about a few things.  But in the end I know I came out with a better Mag build.  So for that, I thank each and ever one of you.

The only things I'll say about this build is that Natural Talent and Greedy Pull are my 'Quality Of Life' Mods.  Although both do provide ample tactical purposes they are not necessary by any means.  But I feel like Mag is a better frame for having them.  And I enjoy the hell out of her when they are equipped. 

BYSjahw.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Apple-Pie- said:

However, considering Mag's high shields, it will be good to utilize it to boost her defences accordingly. Adaptation also works with shields, so here's my build:

Yea I've tried high shield builds and I just have better luck with a larger health pool.  I can always overcharge my shields.  But if my shields go and I get one shot I just can't do anything about that.  This is a very specific Arbitration build made to go deep into Arbitration and perhaps even carry/revive if needed.  From what I've experienced 300HP will let me down every time no matter how high my shields are. 

It could just be my playstyle or preference or a number of things. 

And I do realize that Adaptation works on shields as well as health. 

9 minutes ago, -Apple-Pie- said:

Looks pretty cool. However, considering Mag's high shields, it will be good to utilize it to boost her defences accordingly. Adaptation also works with shields, so here's my build: 

Plus you get the added bonus strength from having two Umbral Mods with Vitality.  ( Not a slam dunk but definitely worth a mention )

10 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Hint: If you want your thread to remain in GD, you have to make it in a way that there's something to discuss. The other one is better suited in PHP, why not add to that?

Alright, I will.  Sometimes it's hard to tell where to post some of this stuff.  I usually bounce between GD and Offtopic.  I always thought PHP was more for issues or troubleshooting?  But I guess builds would make a lot of sense too. 

Thanks!!

1 minute ago, withinmyself said:

And the shield thing is definitely something I've had multiple players talk about.  So I guess that is my main difference from a lot of Mag builds.  Larger health pool over increasing her shields.

Im now doing a hybrid build, gimme a few mins.

1 minute ago, withinmyself said:

Alright, I will.  Sometimes it's hard to tell where to post some of this stuff.  I usually bounce between GD and Offtopic.  I always thought PHP was more for issues or troubleshooting?  But I guess builds would make a lot of sense too. 

Thanks!!

Sure, I guess there's some overlap there, but it's rather narrowly focused on a specific thing in this case. By the way, you if you want you can use the report button to get a mod to merge them.

That said, the difference between your build and some others is that they put the focus on other abilities. Polarize & Counter Pulse builds are far better suited to go for shields + duration (+ lowish range, too much range makes Bullet Attractor awkward).

Nothing wrong with focussing on the other abilities and going for health, though, although I haven't tried that myself.

2 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Nothing wrong with focussing on the other abilities and going for health, though, although I haven't tried that myself.

I think people forget just how great Pull actually is.  And how often you can use it with Fleeting Expertise.  Plus with more strength it will increase the chance of dropping energy.  So that's my energy solution.  I run Vazarin so no energizing dash. 

14 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

I think people forget just how great Pull actually is.  And how often you can use it with Fleeting Expertise.  Plus with more strength it will increase the chance of dropping energy.  So that's my energy solution.  I run Vazarin so no energizing dash. 

Pull rarely kills anyone, is there a time window enemy must be killed after being affected by pull?

21 minutes ago, -Apple-Pie- said:

Pull rarely kills anyone, is there a time window enemy must be killed after being affected by pull?

As far as I can tell (and have noticed) if an enemy has been 'pulled' however they die next will net +55% extra chance to drop energy (with 220% Ability Strength)