Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave help!

(XBOX)Salty Ginger

Question

SO yes I have been lazy, and I`m still catching up on nightwave...

By the end of this week I will be at nightwave level 25. Will I have enough time to achieve level 30 if DE decides to end it on May 15th? 

I'm after the armor set so if i cant make it to the last level I won`t even bother.

(completing the tasks is not a problem for me its just will there be enough of them?)

Thanks in advance if you stop by to read, Tenno! 

9 answers to this question

Depends how much time you have. Fugitives are great extra Rep. If I had to guess with there only 1 reset of task after this week till first possible end. You will need to grind one extra rank from just fugitives and do every task between now and then. 

edit: Forgetting about dailies... So less than a rank of fugitives but it's going to be closes on how many fugitives.

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 1

I feel your pain, Tenno. I, too, am working on catching up on Nightwave.

Let's do a bit of logical reasoning and math to figure it out.

It seems odd that they would end it on the 15th, since the next week would start on the 13th, but if they did, then judging by the current week's challenges, and the fact that each week seems to start with 2 bonus daily challenges on top of the one for that day, then there's typically;

2 Elite Weeklies worth 5,000 each for a total of 10,000

8 weeklies worth 3,000 each for a total of 24,000

9(?) total dailies worth 1,000 each for a total of 9,000

All of this adds up to a total of 43,000 standing, which would equate to 4 total rank-ups, and potentially another depending on your current standing. So, if you end at rank 25 with 7,000 or more standing after all topf this week's challenges, you should have enough standing to make it to 30 after next week's challenges.

This math also assumes you don't capture any fugitives, obviously

Edited by eXSive
  • Like 1

I think you'll be short 2 ranks. If you can pump out all of the weekly and elite weekly challenges between the 12th and the 14th that's 36K standing which puts you at 28, and three daily challenges gets you to 39K (I forget where the daily standing falls, you might make 29 depending on where you're at).

For simplicity of math, lets say you're short 11K standing. You can still get that by capturing the fugitive squads which gives 150 standing. 11K/150 standing is 73.33333 repeated, so we'll round up to 74 fugitive squads to be safe.

SO, if you grind out extra fugitive squads this week you should be able to make it, but it'll be close.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Depends how much time you have. Fugitives are great extra Rep. If I had to guess with there only 1 reset of task after this week till first possible end. You will need to grind one extra rank from just fugitives and do every task between now and then. 

Time isnt a problem. Thanks for the tip! 

Do you get rep from defeating the wolf? I still havent come across him. 

I really don`t think they will end it on the 15th, Im gonna guess they give us until june 1st

4 minutes ago, eXSive said:

I feel your pain, Tenno. I, too, am working on catching up on Nightwave.

Let's do a bit of logical reasoning and math to figure it out.

It seems odd that they would end it on the 15th, since the next week would start on the 13th, but if they did, then judging by the current week's challenges, and the fact that each week seems to start with 2 bonus daily challenges on top of the one for that day, then there's typically;

2 Elite Weeklies worth 5,000 each for a total of 10,000

8 weeklies worth 3,000 each for a total of 24,000

9(?) total dailies worth 1,000 each for a total of 9,000

All of this adds up to a total of 43,000 standing, which would equate to 4 total rank-ups, and potentially another depending on your current standing. So, if you end at rank 25 with 7,000 or more standing after all topf this week's challenges, you should have enough standing to make it to 30 after next week's challenges.

This math also assumes you don't capture any fugitives, obviously

Thankyou! Ill post back when i get to level 30 🙂

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I think you'll be short 2 ranks. If you can pump out all of the weekly and elite weekly challenges between the 12th and the 14th that's 36K standing which puts you at 28, and three daily challenges gets you to 39K (I forget where the daily standing falls, you might make 29 depending on where you're at).

For simplicity of math, lets say you're short 11K standing. You can still get that by capturing the fugitive squads which gives 150 standing. 11K/150 standing is 73.33333 repeated, so we'll round up to 74 fugitive squads to be safe.

SO, if you grind out extra fugitive squads this week you should be able to make it, but it'll be close.

I might as well give it a try! Thankyou

8 minutes ago, eXSive said:

It seems odd that they would end it on the 15th

Don't forget that Nightwave was launched on Feburary 27, 2019. May, 15 would make it even weeks. What is bonkers is that the reset of weekly tasks is Sunday night (8pm est.). 

• Like 1

Just now, Zelmen said:

Don't forget that Nightwave was launched on Feburary 27, 2019. May, 15 would make it even weeks. What is bonkers is that the reset of weekly tasks is Sunday night (8pm est.). 

Ah, that would make sense, just seems odd that they would do the resets like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eXSive said:

Ah, that would make sense, just seems odd that they would do the resets like that.

I am hopping they run next week past the 15th (or more in case of OP) so season 2 starts on reset and my OCD can get over this weirdness