Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

noone talks in this game

supernils

I'm MR10 and just now for the first time all of a sudden someone in my squad SPOKE.

At this point I wasn't even sure if this game had voice chat at all.

Voice chat in games is only just coming up (personally I'm thinking of Overwatch) but why isn't it used in Warframe at all?

4 minutes ago, supernils said:

I'm MR10 and just now for the first time all of a sudden someone in my squad SPOKE.

Voice chat in games is only just coming up (personally I'm thinking of Overwatch) but why isn't it used in Warframe at all?

Thrust me, when you will hear someone on the mic  it is because he is insulting you...

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, supernils said:

What’s the benefit of it in Warframe? Normally you use it for chatting or coordinating stuff. There is not much you can use it for when you run with new people each mission. The missions are generally too short as well. It was useful in raids, but not much else.

• I have used it in-game with people in my clan before. Then we just made a Discord server. That is so much easier.

Introverts don't like to talk to stranger. So mic on = muted.

Its likely that you will hear people talking and communicating if your doing a large mission that needs coordination such as eidolons, orbs or thumper. But ya no people are quite. Use chat if you want to talk, text is friendlier and your more apt to get a response.

I mute everyone in the squad 90% of the time I hear someone speak. Or any sort of noise, really. Unless the person is actually talking and cooperating I couldn't care less and most of the times all other players in the squad are little more than effficient NPC's to me, to be honest.

The very first thing I do anytime I install warframe on a new computer is mute all voice and disable my mic. The sound of people talking in games is at best irritating. If I wanted to voice chat with you or anyone else then you'd already be in a discord with me. Very little in a mission requires more than a few line in the chat box. 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb supernils:

Why use it when there is no reason to? If need be, just meet up on discord/teamspeak what ever. The ingame voice chat is terrible quality anyway.

For me personally?  I don't own a mic.  I don't want to talk to random strangers on the Internet.  I have nothing intersting or useful to say that I can't just type in the text chat.  As far as other players, I disable voice chat instantly in any game that gives the option.  I don't want to hear them either.  The chances of them having anything interesting or useful to say are low.  And I don't need to listen to them shouting at their mom/girlfriend/pet goldfish, or crunching nachos, or playing music or a movie with their mic set to "always on."

• Like 1

Way back when the voice chat was just atrocious so no one used it. I don't recall if DE made any note of them actually improving the quality so back then the game more or less just evolved around voice chat not existing. Not sure how much of that still applies today since the game has grown a lot but that's how it used to be.

It's actually pretty solid now but man, I only remembered it existed when I too heard someone speak for the first time in 5 years.

Edited by Annnoth

We all go through that first moment when some random dude starts screaming into voice chat for the first time, and we realize it is a thing that should most likely not exist, so we go and turn it off immediately... 

90% of what you may hear on voice chat will make you wish you had turned it off beforehand.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

20 minutes ago, Firetrucksrule said:

The very first thing I do anytime I install warframe on a new computer is mute all voice and disable my mic. The sound of people talking in games is at best irritating. If I wanted to voice chat with you or anyone else then you'd already be in a discord with me. Very little in a mission requires more than a few line in the chat box. 

Nothing more annoying than having to listen to Nora Night, then follow that up with someones dog barking, baby crying, eating noises or just bad music playing in the background during a 3 minute mission. Nora still might be the worse one out of all of that though.

27 minutes ago, supernils said:

😂

Yeah it happens. I have a pair of headphones with mic but it's usually a bother to plug in. 

Occasionally someone has music on. 

Gets kind of sad listening to someone asking "does anyone have a mic? Anybody there?" 

I turn voice chat off in all games because it never comes out with audible good quality.  It's always distorted, low volume or just too much background noise. Why get distracted by a voice I can't understand?  Hearing somebody with a good mic has always been a rarity for me.

In my experience voice chat in squad is reserved for emergencies, or on request and organized beforehand for politeness as just using voice chat without warning is rude and can be very distracting for players not expecting it.

3 minutes ago, Urlan said:

In my experience voice chat in squad is reserved for emergencies, or on request and organized beforehand for politeness as just using voice chat without warning is rude and can be very distracting for players not expecting it.

It's also potentially kind of pointless.  I know I have muted it completely.  In a very tiny number of cases I've joined a mostly full team who did know each other or were otherwise using voice chat, and eventually realized that I couldn't hear them.  Usually I only even know about it because something like the following pops up in text:

"u have voice turned on?"

Me:  "No."

"oh.  lol, so-and-so was asking you something."

Usually it's not even that much, because they're actually all logged into discord or something and don't expect me to hear them in the first place.

• Like 2