Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma discussion and improvement suggestions...

Isn't it about time we revisited how regular Forma work on our gear?

Now, granted, the current system isn't bad, but after seeing how Aura Forma works, and hearing the devs state that they don't want to increase the grind too much in the game, I felt it wouldn't hurt to have a serious shop-talk about them, to get some good suggestions on how these already-good items could be BETTER.

My suggestions;

#1 Let Forma work similarly to how Aura forma does, but remove the slot-swapping option in favor of a straight-up "change polarity of that one slot whenever you like" option.

That way it functions like "unlocking the slot", or you can just directly make it function as Aura forma do, but for regular slots instead of Aura slots.

#2 More at once, with matching requirements. [Streamlined leveling]

Let us use multiple Forma at a time [maybe 3 to 5 max?] when polarizing something, but balance out the exp required to level it to 30, so that all the exp required to level it all those separate times, combined, becomes the new requirement.

This lets us do everything at once, instead of having to reset our mods over and over again with each Forma, which can get annoying over time with gear that we want to put lots of Forma into.

It would be especially useful for those that have a hard time remembering their builds sometimes; having to remember the build during 3 separate leveling processes can get tedious.

Does anyone else have any good ideas/suggestions for improving Forma?

The only thing I’ve ever wanted was the ability to purchase/build an additional slot that can be swapped in or out with builds.  It doesn’t give you more slots in a weapon or frame but you can forma it and swap it around to give you more ease when creating different builds in your A,B, and C.  It’s not something I have to have but it would make min/maxing for different builds much easier. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

I felt it wouldn't hurt to have a serious shop-talk about them

Then you have to actually be serious about it. Nothing you suggested had any kind of matching downside. The first suggestion outright removes the purpose of Forma being in the game once you get it and the other nullifies the time investment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

you wanting a normal forma to be like the aura forma an you
makes umbra forma worthless as then it would count the umbra polarity as one of the options
makes aura forma useless as then you could use forma instead of aura forma

I meant with the obvious exception of Umbra forma.

25 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Then you have to actually be serious about it. Nothing you suggested had any kind of matching downside. The first suggestion outright removes the purpose of Forma being in the game once you get it and the other nullifies the time investment.

The first does not remove the purpose of forma, it just makes regular Forma act like the aura forma, only for slots aside from the aura slot. There are still plenty of other things in the game that need forma aside from our gear.

If there has to be a downside to it, which I honestly don't believe there needs to be considering all of the time sinks this game already has, then they could make it so that after the first three forma, that piece of gear starts reacting to forma the same way as it does now, by only allowing one polarity per slot.

Think of it as the piece of gear developing a resistance to the forma.

As to the second one, it doesn't remove the time sink aspect, it just makes it so that you have to go through 3 forma's worth of experience all at the same time to get the weapon to 30, if you use three forma. [2 for 2, 4 for 4, etc]

There's no logical reason to force a downside into that one, considering, again, all of the time sink that this game already has.

It's just readjusting it so that you can get it all done at once, and the fact of the matter is that there is still the prerequisite of having to earn to that many Forma in the first place, unless you just buy everything with Plat.

Edited by (NSW)Smashbrolink

I only have one suggestion.... Add one slot for Augments and reduce Forma Crafting time to 12 Hours or less... 

Forma works fine.... the reason why it doesn't work out well sometimes comes down to how some Warframes and Weapons work that make you have to make two different versions of the same Weapon Warframe just to have proper builds out of it... Umbra Polaities/Has mitigated this somewhat but there aren't enough Umbra Mod types and Umbra Formas in general.