Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Glitch

Sekan

General Concept: Glitch is based around the idea of hacking, setup and data transfer.

Base Stats:

Health: 100-300

Shield: 150-450

Energy: 200-600

Armor: 75

Sprint: 1.2

Skills:

Passive: Data Mastery: Hacks are instant, Alarms cannot be raised within glitch's affinity range.

1: Flicker: Glitch turns into data (represented as energy particles) and flies in a straight towards the reticle. Any robotics he passes through are permanently turned to Glitchs side, any enemies are disarmed. Glitch is invulnerable while moving in this state, the width of his "data flight" is affected by power range, its flight distance and speed is affected by power duration. Power Strength has no effect. Cost: 25 energy.

2: Spam: Glitch spawns a number of data sprites, these data sprites will seek out and mark enemies, marked enemies are more susceptible to critical hits and status effects, having a 25%/50%/75%/100% flat increased chance of being afflicted by them. If an enemy dies during the duration of spam, it will spawn 2 additional sprites seeking out new enemies to afflict, if a robotic afflicted by flicker is hit with spam, it will periodically spawn sprites on its own. duration is based on power duration, amount of initial sprites is based on power strength, range and speed of sprites is based on power range. Cost: 50 energy.

3: Firewall: Glitch shrouds himself in a data shield, enemies shooting him for the duration have their fire returned to them in the form of data projectiles with increased damage, enemies attacking him in melee have their damage reflected and are afflicted by a blast proc. However glitch is immobile while Firewall is active, but can use flicker to move around. Power duration extends the periods between energy ticks, Power range increase the range at which enemy fire is returned as well as the flight speed of the projectiles, Power strength further increase the damage of returned projectiles and melee attacks. Cost: Channeled.

4: Binary Raid: Glitch spawns data copies of himself, These copies functions as spectres of Glitch's current loadout, and will follow Glitch in a manner similar to Mirage's mirror images, but rather than form a square around him, they line up on either side of him, they mirror whatever movement glitch performs, and phase through terrain, shots fired at them have no effect unless when Firewall is active. If Glitch turns they will follow to always be on either side of him. If glitch uses any of his other abilities, his copies will also use that ability with the same effect as him, effectively this can make flicker cover a much wider area, and cause spam to affect more enemies quicker, and can turn firewall into a wall returning fire and blocking access. If Glitch fires his guns or swings his melee weapon so will the copies, but they will only deal 15%/20%/25% of his damage. Duration is based on power duration, power strength increases the damage the copies deal with weapons, power range has no effect. Cost: 100.

Creators thoughts: Glitch is very much still a work in progress, but I thought I would share and get some early input from the rest of the community. I'm more than happy to listen and answer/clarify any questions or suggestions you all might have 🙂

Edited by Sekan
Typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, THeMooN85 said:

Wow!

Dude! This is amazing concept... I would even say... refreshing! What a shame that DE don't give a damn about any fan made concept.

What? Nidus was based on a fan made concept, Nova and Zephyr were fan made warframes. Kronen, Jat Kusar, Silva & Aegis to name a few were all fan made.

To say they don't look at it all that much these days is true but saying they don't give a damn about any fan made concept is an exaggeration.

Also pretty interesting concept, definitely want to see your finished idea but the passive MIGHT be a bit overkill, just my opinion though.

Edited by _Kiro

10 hours ago, _Kiro said:

What? Nidus was based on a fan made concept, Nova and Zephyr were fan made warframes. Kronen, Jat Kusar, Silva & Aegis to name a few were all fan made.

To say they don't look at it all that much these days is true but saying they don't give a damn about any fan made concept is an exaggeration.

Also pretty interesting concept, definitely want to see your finished idea but the passive MIGHT be a bit overkill, just my opinion though.

Which part of it do you find to be overkill? I would love the feedback 🙂

Your passive reads:

Hacks are instant, Alarms cannot be raised within glitch's affinity range.

So it basically makes every spy mission a walk in the park. Depending on what you mean with "alarms cannot be raised" you basically can't fail that specific type of mission. Makes one type of mission, in my opinion, irrelevant so I doubt DE would ever accept it as is.

5 hours ago, _Kiro said:

Your passive reads:

Hacks are instant, Alarms cannot be raised within glitch's affinity range.

So it basically makes every spy mission a walk in the park. Depending on what you mean with "alarms cannot be raised" you basically can't fail that specific type of mission. Makes one type of mission, in my opinion, irrelevant so I doubt DE would ever accept it as is.

I don't think it would be much different from Ivara with the augment that let's her walk through security without triggering it. But you do have a point. It's meant to prevent enemies from raising alarms at consoles. But not automated alarms from triggering.

really neat concept, although a question to do with their abilities:

a robotic enemy gets hit by a data sprites of Spam and then dashed through with Flicker, do they then have the effect of producing sprites themselves?

another question:

what would you classify as a robotic enemy (other than MOA's, Ospreys, Drones, Ratels, Bursas), do mutalist MOA's count? mutalist ospreys? Arc Traps? Security Cameras? Turrets? Grineer security drones?

Edited by (XB1)Kawaii Asa

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

a robotic enemy gets hit by a data sprites of Spam and then dashed through with Flicker, do they then have the effect of producing sprites themselves?

While i would love it to work like this, it would come down to what is actually possible in the game itself. But as intended, yes it would work like this.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

what would you classify as a robotic enemy (other than MOA's, Ospreys, Drones, Ratels, Bursas), do mutalist MOA's count? mutalist ospreys? Arc Traps? Security Cameras? Turrets? Grineer security drones?

Since the mutalist MOA's and ospreys are pieces of machinery used as "armor" for infested flesh, i would say no, they would not count as robotics as its the infested flesh controlling them. Arc Traps, Security Cameras and turrets to me seem like they would have too little processing power for glitch to have anything "to" controle, i am on the fence about turrets however, but ultimately i think actually hitting these targets would make it not really worth the effort. 

I do think the Grineer security drone would count as a robotic, as would the grineer roller (Vengeance!) and to some extend the small self detonating rollers, although those would fall under my point above.

The passive is a bit overkill i suggest making it so whenever he starts hacking either some of the parts have already been done for him automatically when hacking or automatically lower the hacking difficulty and instead make his data sprites from his 2 instead be able to disable consoles so alarms wont go off rather it being a passive cause thats still OP either way other than that this is a really amazing concept and I like it so far all you need is concept art

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎09 at 7:20 AM, weeaboopotato said:

The passive is a bit overkill i suggest making it so whenever he starts hacking either some of the parts have already been done for him automatically when hacking or automatically lower the hacking difficulty and instead make his data sprites from his 2 instead be able to disable consoles so alarms wont go off rather it being a passive cause thats still OP either way other than that this is a really amazing concept and I like it so far all you need is concept art

I might be mistaken in thinking auto-solved hacks are not a big deal.

I always figured it wouldn't matter much given we have ciphers to auto-complete if we want it, and as such it would be a slight resource saver at best. 

I will take a closer look at his passive however, especially the alarm part, I personally like the image that he has ways of "disabeling" security systems, so I figured simply not allowing enemies in his affinity range to raise the alarm would be a good solution, that could still cause the alarm to be raised in multiplayer missions by people straying from him.