The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game is too easy and caters to noobs

Psykhe27

3 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

There already is, and it is widely disliked.

So what mode are you talking about here anyway?

I'm gonna guess Arbitrations since its the only thing I haven't done yet in any capacity, I know it isn't Eidolons or Profit-Taker (though PT would be closer if it had some tweaks imo) and I'll just die of laughter if you mean the Wolf cause that ain't a challenge, its a sponge with a hammer duct-taped to it.

But I fully agree that there is the endless cycle of "Its not hard enough" especially in Warframe, where everything either dies to bonkers numbers or varying degrees of cheese, be it the infinite durability 4 second Frost bubble or damage ability stacking to the point where each bullet could kill a universe.

The game is certainly easy, however  the more efficient you are, the better you become and the more rewarding the game is, 1 hour afk and 1 hours doing lots and lots of missions are fine examples.

While certain warframes make thing easier and faster, the game heavily relies on the player, a VERY common thing to see is the players who rush missions without killing, while others rush, kill, CC, revive, buff, find stars, kill enemies not required for the objective, open lockers, find statues and so on, these players will get more.

The better you are, the less grindy the game becomes, because the time is used in a smarter way.

Those that afk are 1 step away from quiting the game, while those that rush things in super profitable ways are always wanting more, the mere tought of not killing, of slowing down means the game becomes boring and the time used to farm anything just isn't worth it.

Invencibility stages are there to bring players together in terms of mission time, but once you are as fast as you can, the determining factor is loot. Before things were out of wack, 2 minute missions for veterans and 10 minutes for newbies, meaning veterans were doing the same boss 5 times compared to new players, that gap can't exist.

Now things are more even, but better gameplay provides better results, even platinum wise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aldain said:

So what mode are you talking about here anyway?

I'm gonna guess Arbitrations since its the only thing I haven't done yet in any capacity, I know it isn't Eidolons or Profit-Taker (though PT would be closer if it had some tweaks imo) and I'll just die of laughter if you mean the Wolf cause that ain't a challenge, its a sponge with a hammer duct-taped to it.

But I fully agree that there is the endless cycle of "Its not hard enough" especially in Warframe, where everything either dies to bonkers numbers or varying degrees of cheese, be it the infinite durability 4 second Frost bubble or damage ability stacking to the point where each bullet could kill a universe.

Nah, I meant PvP. Although I'm not saying that's the only reason it's disliked. Far from it actually, it's just one of many reasons.

But if you compare it with other games that do both PvE and PvP, you can draw some parallels and notice some differences.

You should just go and try Arbitrations, they're not that hard to get into, just be on guard from the start. I've recently done a few with mid-level gear (on Rhino) just to see how that would go, and it went well enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Kontrollo said:

You should just go and try Arbitrations, they're not that hard to get into, just be on guard from the start. I've recently done a few with mid-level gear (on Rhino) just to see how that would go, and it went well enough.

Honestly its more that I have a bunch of uncleared nodes on the starchart because I started playing before specters of the rail dropped and had access to every location since.

I'm talking like 30-50ish uncleared mission nodes that I'd have to go back and do one at a time and honestly that's just boring to me at this point.

It was hard enough for me to work up the drive to do Fortuna for the Archgun Deployer (still rank 0 with Vox believe it or not) so going back and doing all those nodes isn't really looking worth it considering what Arbys give.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly its more that I have a bunch of uncleared nodes on the starchart because I started playing before specters of the rail dropped and had access to every location since.

I'm talking like 30-50ish uncleared mission nodes that I'd have to go back and do one at a time and honestly that's just boring to me at this point.

It was hard enough for me to work up the drive to do Fortuna for the Archgun Deployer (still rank 0 with Vox believe it or not) so going back and doing all those nodes isn't really looking worth it considering what Arbys give.

Oh yeah, I do them from time to time because they're endless missions where you don't have to idle around for X minutes until it gets a bit interesting.

But if there's nothing of worth in there for you, I wouldn't bother unlocking the star chart, either.

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

But if there's nothing of worth in there for you, I wouldn't bother unlocking the star chart, either.

Yeah  only thing I'd say would be worth it might be the Aura forma and even that's not that important to me, so I guess it is not meant for me.

17 minutes ago, Aldain said:

You started playing at about the same time I did.  WHY do you still have that many uncleared mission nodes? Honest question and not meant to mean anything other than what I typed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You started playing at about the same time I did.  WHY do you still have that many uncleared mission nodes? Honest question and not meant to mean anything other than what I typed. 

I was thinking the same.

I started playing around 18 months ago and only have 5 nodes left to clear...3 on Sedna and a couple on the Kuva Fortress.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I spent many of my early days affinity farming and doing Void Keys for bits of plat so clearing out each individual mission was not really something I was thinking about back then.

By the time I came back after a long break my old Laptop couldn't keep up with post Specters of the Rail for long so I stopped playing again despite how much time I had invested, I didn't start playing again until I migrated my account to the Switch version and at that point I already had leftover access to 90% of the star chart. I also hate Interception and Defection missions so I tended to just never play those at all which piled up into many many uncleared nodes.

After I came back to the Switch I cleared out many of the Quests that happened in my absence which helped me clear more of the starchart, but at this point there was no reason for me to do the old missed nodes on Mercury Earth etc. because I was WAY beyond that level of equipment and skill.

So to sum it up, about 33% me being lazy, 33% the game changing underneath my prior progress and 33% no incentive to not be lazy, with a nice 1% of procrastination.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

@Aldain Thank you very much for answering.  I really appreciate it, and the honesty behind it. 

Not a problem, its not really an interesting story, but I tried to make it even remotely readable without the reader falling asleep.

The sad thing is before the Alert system got canned I was clearing out bits of the old nodes with them because they gave me a reason to do those nodes (yes even a paltry sum of credits and Ferrite were enough for me to not be lazy) but sadly Nightwave happened, and so ended my slow progress.

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

While certain warframes make thing easier and faster, the game heavily relies on the player,

I found it to be the exact opposite....

Its kinda hard to claim otherwise if im running around with Saryn and killing 20 Enemies at the push of a button while someone else regardless of how good they are won't reach those numbers in the same time frame.

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

The better you are, the less grindy the game becomes, because the time is used in a smarter way.

I disagree with this too because if you're grinding for something the rewards are pure RNG with awful drop chances and junk (Endo) polluting the reward pool. Being better at the game doesn't change any of that.... effort and skill just isn't Acknowledged let alone rewarded.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Again... RNG... you can be more effecient and maximise your chances but its Still doesn't reward skill or effort....

He's saying you reduce the grind not that it rewards you more. He's referring to player input and time invested on a per activity basis.

EDIT: I don't think I should need to mention that reducing time invested in each run naturally leads to more rewards which leads to getting what you want quicker, but still at the whims of RNG.

Edited by Chipputer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

He's saying you reduce the grind not that it rewards you more. He's referring to player input and time invested on a per activity basis.

It doesn't reduce the grind because the Grind is determined by RNG... you would need to get lucky to actually reduce the grind.... being better just means you get to grind more when you don't get lucky...

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

It doesn't reduce the grind because the Grind is determined by RNG... you would need to get lucky to actually reduce the grind.... being better just means you get to grind more when you don't get lucky...

See my edit.

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

EDIT: I don't think I should need to mention that reducing time invested in each run naturally leads to more rewards which leads to getting what you want quicker, but still at the whims of RNG.

You are technically correct but you are missing the point of what they said, entirely.
Probability tells you that eventually you will have a nearly guaranteed chance of getting something as you log more and more attempts. Faster runs = more attempts = getting the items quicker.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I found it to be the exact opposite....

Its kinda hard to claim otherwise if im running around with Saryn and killing 20 Enemies at the push of a button while someone else regardless of how good they are won't reach those numbers in the same time frame.

I disagree with this too because if you're grinding for something the rewards are pure RNG with awful drop chances and junk (Endo) polluting the reward pool. Being better at the game doesn't change any of that.... effort and skill just isn't Acknowledged let alone rewarded.

asside form masks and drops based on rng that can't be traded, anything else is like that, you can literally get wolf hammer set by farming nightmare missions for example, you trade the mods for plat, so the more mods you get, the more endo potential you have and buying the wolf set becomes easier, now image trading rare stances, stars, ayatan statues with it aswell, in the current stage you probably can get the wolf hammer set so cheaply it's likely 1 mission (like a nightmare mission) will hold enough plat potential to get you a set in trade chat, how many wolf runs you need to get the set exactly?

It's a matter of gameplay and the quality of said gameplay, great players won't even go to subpar efficiency anymore, every mission counts, but this depends on the player himself.

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

See my edit.

You are technically correct but you are missing the point of what they said, entirely.
Probability tells you that eventually you will have a nearly guaranteed chance of getting something as you log more and more attempts. Faster runs = more attempts = getting the items quicker.

I didn't miss your point.... it just doesn't apply in Warframe because regardless of what the wiki says the drop Rates are definitely off... 

4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

asside form masks and drops based on rng that can't be traded, anything else is like that, you can literally get wolf hammer set by farming nightmare missions for example, you trade the mods for plat, so the more mods you get, the more endo potential you have and buying the wolf set becomes easier, now image trading rare stances, stars, ayatan statues with it aswell, in the current stage you probably can get the wolf hammer set so cheaply it's likely 1 mission (like a nightmare mission) will hold enough plat potential to get you a set in trade chat, how many wolf runs you need to get the set exactly?

Thats all good but you are forgeting one thing.... Thats also RNG.... with the exact same potential to screw you over....

Its actually worse because theres a finite amount of Nightmare Missions you can run...

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I didn't miss your point.... it just doesn't apply in Warframe because regardless of what the wiki says the drop Rates are definitely off... 

You have a bad habit of confusing subjective experience with objective reality. Stop it.

• Like 1

Just now, Lutesque said:

Thats all good but you are forgeting one thing.... Thats also RNG.... with the exact same potential to screw you over....

Its actually worse because theres a finite amount of Nightmare Missions you can run...

yes, but the better you are, the more stars, ayatan statues and rare mods you find, the easier everything gets, the difference is quantity even if everyone is doing the missions.

Missions are easy, buit if i killed 10 enemies in a capture mission for example, i would rather quit warframe, that's atrocious, but that's me, always aiming higher, regardless of difficulty, invencibility stages, self revives and easy content.

Just now, Chipputer said:

You have a bad habit of confusing subjective experience with objective reality. Stop it.

Subjective Experiences are Objective Reality.... The wiki is merely a theory.... the reality is somethings just refuse to drop...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

yes, but the better you are, the more stars, ayatan statues and rare mods you find, the easier everything gets, the difference is quantity even if everyone is doing the missions.

And im saying its still pointless.... Being better doesn't change any if that.

2 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Missions are easy, buit if i killed 10 enemies in a capture mission for example, i would rather quit warframe, that's atrocious, but that's me, always aiming higher, regardless of difficulty, invencibility stages, self revives and easy content.

I generally do these less efficiently for the sake of my sanity.... if had to ran a capture mission thst many times then yes I would stop to kill something every now and then just for alil Variety..