Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game is too easy and caters to noobs

Psykhe27

2 minutes ago, Psykhe27 said:

- Incentivize challenge in the game rather than simply doling a reward for showing up and being around the longest time in the mission, playing it as much as possible, because of 1% drop rates.

I can completely get behind this.  And things like bonuses in Spy missions for actually using Stealth and not being detected. 

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I can completely get behind this.  And things like bonuses in Spy missions for actually using Stealth and not being detected.  

1% RNG rewards ruin games. I would rather a fixed reward above such low RNG. The dopamine spike after enduring something you have been doing for days on end is less than you think it is.

The least fun I had in the game was farming Khora. That was at least 70 runs.

Edited by Psykhe27

5 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

You SHOULD EARN rewards not get participation ribbons.

Looking at your gross income in your profile suggests you used a lot of legendary cores. If so, did you earn those, too? The 16M credits is not enough to rank up the basic 10-ish primed mods in this game, not counting stuff like Blood rush and so forth.

2 hours ago, arimanari said:

Looking at your gross income in your profile suggests you used a lot of legendary cores. If so, did you earn those, too? The 16M credits is not enough to rank up the basic 10-ish primed mods in this game, not counting stuff like Blood rush and so forth.

Stuff like Index credits or credits from Trials when they were a thing do not count. 

I'm sitting at 100 million right now, but my stats don't show that. 

On 2019-05-17 at 12:43 AM, arimanari said:

What do you mean? I have never used a single legendary core. I got one when I was mr9 and sold it for 300 plat. I have bought 500+ anasa to pump up rivens and primed mods.

Many of the primed mods I bought with plat as fully ranked for 1/3 of the cost of anasa in plat using buy tab on wfmarket. Big brain.

Edited by Psykhe27

On 2019-05-17 at 11:28 AM, Psykhe27 said:

Actually I have played the game at 1100 hours in mission. I have been endgame with top shelf mods and infinite forma. I actually bought a Rhino Prime vault for 60 cdn and spent all the plat on slots then an amprex riven. I sold rhino/nix sets/rolled rubico rivens and made 40k plat. The fun has been in spending the plat to get to mr27 but when you got that much, the fun kinda dissipates. So I gave away the plat to people with happy bombs. I turned 50 plat into 12k again in the last 3 weeks. 

Can i ask how many rivens you sold, and how much plat you got from that?

Because 40k plat is like 100 rhino/200 nyx, so i'm thinking majority of plat you got was from rivens.

On 2019-05-16 at 9:28 PM, Psykhe27 said:

I sold rhino/nix sets/rolled rubico rivens and made 40k plat

How many sets, how many rivens? How much kuva?

Your numbers are high enough that I don't believe them for a second.

1 hour ago, Psykhe27 said:

Many of the primed mods I bought with plat as fully ranked for 1/3 of the cost of anasa in plat using buy tab on wfmarket. Big brain

Another completely unbelievable, "look at how good I am at video game economics, guys," statement.

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

How many sets, how many rivens? How much kuva?

Your numbers are high enough that I don't believe them for a second. 

Another completely unbelievable, "look at how good I am at video game economics, guys," statement.

Good for you. I sold have over 150 rivens. I made 30 rhino and 20 nyx sets. Farmed axi and neo relics and bought the other pieces for 5p. What does my networth even matter? It simply proves that I am endgame with nothing to do. Farm more kuva? Farm more plat? Why? To get gg rivens on weapons I won't use?

Doesn't change the fact that the content is not challenging and there is no scaling. And the rewards are garbage. If you want replay value, reward scaling difficulty. If you want transient players who will play, spend money to try to advance quickly in MR and buy a couple frames then leave in a month, this game is perfect as it is.

Edited by Psykhe27
  • Like 1

Just now, Psykhe27 said:

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that the content is not challenging and there is no scaling.

Well yeah, let's do some math, shall we?

125 days. 1100 in-MISSION hours.
125 days = 3000 hours
3000 - 1100 = 1900
Suppose you sleep a healthy amount, 8 hours, that's another 1000 hours.
1900 - 1000 = 900 leftover hours.
900 hours that, if you're to be believed, you utilized to scroll through warframe.market and also use trade chat.

Game might not have the challenge you're seeking but you're either a liar or you've got an unhealthy obsession.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Well yeah, let's do some math, shall we?

125 days. 1100 in-MISSION hours.
125 days = 3000 hours
3000 - 1100 = 1900
Suppose you sleep a healthy amount, 8 hours, that's another 1000 hours.
1900 - 1000 = 900 leftover hours.
900 hours that, if you're to be believed, you utilized to scroll through warframe.market and also use trade chat.

Game might not have the challenge you're seeking but you're either a liar or you've got an unhealthy obsession.

I was obsessed for my first 2 months and played alot to get my networth. What suggestions do you have to fix the game rather than attacking me? Do you actually think the game is fine as it is and nothing needs to be changed? Are you another DE sycophant?

1 minute ago, Psykhe27 said:

I was obsessed for my first 2 months and played alot to get my networth. What suggestions do you have to fix the game rather than attacking me? Do you actually think the game is fine as it is and nothing needs to be changed? Are you another DE sycophant?

I'm saying your credibility is questionable.

I've already put forth plenty of suggestions, over the years, to improve the game. I've already given my input in this very thread. It's not my problem that you don't read your own thread.

Just now, Chipputer said:

I'm saying your credibility is questionable.

I've already put forth plenty of suggestions, over the years, to improve the game. I've already given my input in this very thread. It's not my problem that you don't read your own thread.

It is funny that you get mad at someone who is rightfully criticizing the game.

And I doubt they have listened to any of your improvements. All they do is pump out fashionframe or pretty zones.

Look at my profile if you don't believe my wealth. I don't care. I have nothing to hide. I got 7k plat currently with gg catchmoon, rubico, vectis, cyath, plague kripath, dokrahm rivens and a bunch of mediocre ones that are 500-1000 plats I don't use anymore. Not to mention the 10k plat I spent to get mr27. Why farm relics when you can buy primes with wealth from kuva? It's pretty easy to find a riven a day you can buy for 500 and resell for 1-2k.

It is funny that half the posts are attacking me, which I don't mind because I don't care. But the thing is, I am right. All the veterans leave until a new patch comes out in hopes the game will be fun again. They finish the content then leave again. There is no replay value when there is no challenge.

Nerfing myself by using inefficent or unfun weapons is not a solution to my 1 shotting all content. I have no need of farming eidolons. I would rather do a daily ESO. Most of the 3x5 eidolon people are annoying to play with anyways, a bunch of high strung geeks.

I already do buy 1-6k plat rivens, play with them then sell them. That's about all the fun I have.

Until the following:

Scaling ESO with no spawn rates causing run stoppage.

Scaling Kuva survival tower rewards.

Scaling enemy difficulty in Arbitration harder with normal rate of rewards.

iFlynn and LifeofRio are absolutely correct in all their assertions in what can be improved and why people are leaving.

On 2019-05-07 at 2:50 AM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

> Game is too easy and caters to noobs

> Game is difficult, time-gating, and non-beginner-friendly

confused confusion GIF

i'm MR17, which one of these am I supposed to f---king BELIEVEEEEE-

Definitely not the second camp, they are noobs. 😃

2 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

Scaling ESO with no spawn rates causing run stoppage.

Scaling Kuva survival tower rewards.

Scaling enemy difficulty in Arbitration harder with normal rate of rewards.

iFlynn and LifeofRio are absolutely correct in all their assertions in what can be improved and why people are leaving.

Yes

Nope, wont happen. DE have already said they wont balance around missions longer than C. I guess they could scale kuva up to C or add a seperate high level Kuva mission with a bigger reward per tower. An ever present Nightmare Kuva Survival (different variable each day) with level 100 enemies at start and double the current kuva reward.

Yes

Heh, no, not even close. Nothing that comes from Rio is correct. He cant even read simple Steam charts and add them up to actual values of gained/lost player. He was claiming that WF was bleeding players during the "content draught" last year while the Steam charts showed black on while (or is it white on black?) that the game actually gained players at that time. He is also one of the people that pushed for Arbitrations being what they were released as and is now taking the opportunity to blame DE for listening in the first place. He does anything to get views, no matter how low or hypocritical it is.

Well this is just the "wheres my endgame" argument. Currently due to how the game is and how restrictive the meta is with "god" builds and rivens, it would be very hard to create an endgame based on skill and not on modding. 

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes

Nope, wont happen. DE have already said they wont balance around missions longer than C. I guess they could scale kuva up to C or add a seperate high level Kuva mission with a bigger reward per tower. An ever present Nightmare Kuva Survival (different variable each day) with level 100 enemies at start and double the current kuva reward.

Yes

Heh, no, not even close. Nothing that comes from Rio is correct. He cant even read simple Steam charts and add them up to actual values of gained/lost player. He was claiming that WF was bleeding players during the "content draught" last year while the Steam charts showed black on while (or is it white on black?) that the game actually gained players at that time. He is also one of the people that pushed for Arbitrations being what they were released as and is now taking the opportunity to blame DE for listening in the first place. He does anything to get views, no matter how low or hypocritical it is.

Wrong. His list of improvements for the game is actually good.

"Basically, too bad. The game is easy, take it or leave" is a ridiculous answer.

Edited by Psykhe27

2 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

"Basically, too bad. The game is easy, take it or leave" is a ridiculous answer.

You cannot call another player's opinion objectively "wrong", ....ESPECIALLY when you then immediately thereafter claim yours is objectively "RIGHT".

You claim you want "scaling rewards" for everything from Kuva to tying your shoelaces, but you never say WHAT that term MEANS to you.  ESPECIALLY when you've simply outright said you're just gonna buy stuff with plat and then put it down again...So what's the point?

And you can't scale "fashionframe", because art is subjective and thus cannot be "scaled" in value.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

You cannot call another player's opinion objectively "wrong", ....ESPECIALLY when you then immediately thereafter claim yours is objectively "RIGHT".

You claim you want "scaling rewards" for everything from Kuva to tying your shoelaces, but you never say WHAT that term MEANS to you.  ESPECIALLY when you've simply outright said you're just gonna buy stuff with plat and then put it down again...So what's the point?

And you can't scale "fashionframe", because art is subjective and thus cannot be "scaled" in value.

My favourite parts of threads like this is when subjective opinions get passed off as objective facts. 

Doubly so when it's about something that I've done/obtained in game. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

yuuuuuuuup.

And people wonder why DE might not take GD forum seriously 😛 

DE is obviously threatened by the fact that we have the collective experience and know-how of the world's best video game developer AND critic combined. together, we have infinite experience. 

the fact that DE does not listen to the great and wise feedback in general discussion is proof that the game will die in the next 5 hours. this is a fact. the game sucks. something something pandering to noobs, veterans ignored, something something no appreciation, devs are greedy for wanting our money. game should give me rewards for existing.  

brb, gonna make multiple 'leaving-this-game' threads. 

if i need to put an '/s' here, seriously, i'll just.... idek. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

DE is obviously threatened by the fact that we have the collective experience and know-how of the world's best video game developer AND critic combined. together, we have infinite experience. 

the fact that DE does not listen to the great and wise feedback in general discussion is proof that the game will die in the next 5 hours. this is a fact. the game sucks. something something pandering to noobs, veterans ignored, something something no appreciation, devs are greedy for wanting our money. game should give me rewards for existing.  

brb, gonna make multiple 'leaving-this-game' threads. 

if i need to put an '/s' here, seriously, i'll just.... idek. 

I wish I could upvote this more! xD  

Well, I mean...I laugh, but tbh...it's completely true, and few people want to admit it at all.  They'll fight tooth and nail to defend their "right to be offended".  

It's like people rioting Walmart because they didn't like the flavor of Pound Cake being offered as a Free Sample in the bakery section.  "HOW DARE THEY NOT CATER TO MY SPECIFIC PALETTE!  I'm a VETERAN CUSTOMER! Been shopping here for YEARS!  They should offer ENTIRE cakes to me for that reason alone, FREE, and they should have my SPECIFIC FLAVOR ready for when I choose to shop! THEY HAVE THE DATA!! THEY KNOW!!"

Gamers in general seem to be going to Tau in a handbasket...

5 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

The problem is that he is a turn-coat though. He complains about whatever suits his needs atm. He has been like that for a long time. Many of the improvements he has voiced now he was against previously. Just as he has done alot of complaining regarding 2x length of rotations in arbis, yet he and others were advocating that type of systemin the first place.

And this is just about his opinion regarding the game. His knowledge is even more lacking, to the point it turns silly when he tries to argue and discuss certain setups in the game. There is this video that happened last year when there was alot of discussion regarding CP where he showed it head on and had his zealous followers posting it over and over on the forums.

Really stupid things, like saying most every frame needs CP no matter the content and that one of the frames most in need of it was Oberon. With such comments you cannot really take what someone says seriously after that point.

There is a high likelyhood that what he speaks of arent his ideas to begin with, but he knows they will cause a ruckus and bring views. At this point in time I'm surprised DE hasnt canned him and brought in another partner with a more professional take on their content and not just using it as a drama-click-bait platform.

edit: I get it, you are a fan, he probably got you playing the game, but please for the love of all things unholy, take of those blinders.

Edited by SneakyErvin

8 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

Rios list of what he wants is extremely basic  I.e Scaling, Ai, Spawn rates, Host migration,  and Drop Rates you know the easy stuff that everyone is complaining about

• Like 2

Despite the insane amount of bugs rn, "seriously, plz fix" the game itself is actually doing pretty well player wise. Also, in all honesty, DE can choose to cater to whoever they want. Their game their choice. And to give them credit they have done a pretty good job in the past 5 years at being pretty neutral on which playstyle they support. The game is a little challenging to get into for new players, but not enough to be off putting. There is plenty of content and things to do for casual players to enjoy, and with the amount of freedom the game has in builds, plenty of creative things for Vets to do if you take the time to sit down and play around. I managed to make a Limbo more tanky than Rhino with some dumb mod builds. Also, as a response to the original post

GkrD1i3.jpg
And im only at MR 18

Edited by Aphelion_Sole