Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game is too easy and caters to noobs

Psykhe27

On 2019-05-18 at 8:10 PM, Psykhe27 said:

What do you mean? I have never used a single legendary core. I got one when I was mr9 and sold it for 300 plat. I have bought 500+ anasa to pump up rivens and primed mods.

Many of the primed mods I bought with plat as fully ranked for 1/3 of the cost of anasa in plat using buy tab on wfmarket. Big brain.

My point stands. You did not play the game, you rushed through it with plat. The fact that you only have 16M credits (if memory serves well), is a clear indication of that. Did you even farm anything or just rushed to the market and bought it? Cause Warframe is 95% farming.

In order for the game to stay alive it must make money. I doubt DE's stats show MR27's being the most profitable players. If they pander to players who feel their skills and experience gives them a greater say in the game it will go broke pretty quick. Priority must be given to attracting new players first, then provide new content for veterans. You have to keep feeding the machine as people naturally drop off.

What annoys me with very skilful players is they don't seem to realise that not everyone can become as good as they are. The get gud response. Take any sport or recreational activity; golf for example, you could play every day for 10 years straight and still be nowhere near as good as Tiger Woods no matter how hard you try.

I do wonder sometimes whether some of the people claiming the game is too easy are just showing off or maybe just have god rivens.

It's a shame really, maybe there's a way veterans can be rewarded (significantly) for passing on their skills, attracting or helping new players.

49 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

Priority must be given to attracting new players first

This has been their priority for years, now. They're actively re-tooling the tutorial again, to boot.

49 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

What annoys me with very skilful players is they don't seem to realise that not everyone can become as good as they are.

... and your point is... what, exactly? Some people are better at things than others? Should schools take out their higher tier classes for advanced students because some others aren't capable of handling them?

55 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

I do wonder sometimes whether some of the people claiming the game is too easy are just showing off or maybe just have god rivens.

Some are showing off. Some have, "god rivens," sure.
The majority of the people who want more challenging content are cognizant of the fact that your regular, every day mods can make a build that competes with some of the best riven rolls out there.

3 hours ago, arimanari said:

My point stands. You did not play the game, you rushed through it with plat. The fact that you only have 16M credits (if memory serves well), is a clear indication of that. Did you even farm anything or just rushed to the market and bought it? Cause Warframe is 95% farming.

5% is definitely not endgame.

2 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

In order for the game to stay alive it must make money. I doubt DE's stats show MR27's being the most profitable players. If they pander to players who feel their skills and experience gives them a greater say in the game it will go broke pretty quick. Priority must be given to attracting new players first, then provide new content for veterans. You have to keep feeding the machine as people naturally drop off.

What annoys me with very skilful players is they don't seem to realise that not everyone can become as good as they are. The get gud response. Take any sport or recreational activity; golf for example, you could play every day for 10 years straight and still be nowhere near as good as Tiger Woods no matter how hard you try.

It's a shame really, maybe there's a way veterans can be rewarded (significantly) for passing on their skills, attracting or helping new players.

So they basically design aesthetics and don't bother creating any higher difficulty modes. Correctimondo.

2 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Vets don't know what they want. This is the 100th thread on the topic and still don't have a general idea of what is a endgame for warframe.  They want challenge but yet use nuke frames and rivens. This game is a mess and I think de should focus on fixing many of the issues this game has.endgame can wait.

And while we wait for endgame, the game will bleed players.

Edited by Psykhe27

On 2019-05-14 at 7:16 PM, MagPrime said:

It is a viable option, using non meta builds to spice things up but, it shouldn't be the answers to a communities cry for a change. 

its an answer for people who need everything to be hardcore and only hardcore ever, I went through a phase of doing everything on the highest difficulty and giving myself my own restrictions, it was fun, alternatively go play path of exile if you want a huge challenge that games exhausting

id actually be fine with there being cool new challenging things but the way op is phrasing it is not going to help get that in a healthy way because he is is a perfect example of the issues in the gaming community with elitism when it comes to challenge

Edited by AugustFestival
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-14 at 7:19 PM, Cubewano said:

a game doesn't either have to be 3 year old one button click to win easy or grand master chess level difficult, there are inbetweens. calling warframes gameplay not super challenging is an understatement, it isn't challenging at all, and its only been becoming more and more so over the years, albeit never being proclaimed as uber difficult in the past. There's a reason these complaints have only appeared the most recent years, yet long in the past nobody complained about a lack of challenge or an absence of ease, there are happy middle places if people would stop overreacting. 

game doesn't have to be super challenging to be fun though, so called "hardcore gamers" love telling others that "this game just isn't for you" when it comes to thier precious hardcore games, you can see it in the first comment on this article advocating for games to be more accessible "This one just isn’t for you" but theres a certain section of gamers who seem to want to make ALL games hardcore which would resulting all games "just not for you"

If you dont find the game challenging enough... it could be its simply not for you, theres a huge issue with elitism when it comes to games being hard and it needs to change. I don't want or need more hardcore-ness pushed into games I enjoy in part because they are easy.

Edited by AugustFestival

On 2019-05-15 at 11:17 AM, Zimzala said:

And thus, those vertans need to have the self realization that they have outgrown the game, IMO.

The game is built to be what it is.

After you master it, it provides less challenge w/o you making your own.

If that is not the game you want to play, find another.

That is not unconstructive, it simply does not solve your 'issue' in the way you would prefer, which in your own words, is obviously not the plan, since DE has not provided what you think it should.

Threads like this won't change any of that, if your outlook is true - this is a game based around mastering it, then it holds little value to 'veterans', because they have done all there is to do.

How is acknowledging that reality conterproductive?

I just realized there are parralels betwen you telling people to go play another game if it doesn't provide challenge any longer and people telling others to play another game if it is too hard, the only difference is what you are saying isn't supported and one seems to not be

Edited by AugustFestival

10 hours ago, arimanari said:

It's like if people just bought a premade pizza, showed up at a "Pizza Making Class"  and just started eating it like "Man, I don't see what's so hard here....this class is boring, this stuff's easy!    Just give the guy next door $10 and BOOM! I got pizza".

Thereby missing the entire point of the experience offered...

6 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

And while we wait for endgame, the game will bleed players.

Nope, still not the case. And it hasnt been prior to, during or after the YTers started ranting about it.

As I said earlier, when they started throwing around the "bleeding" term WF was actually gaining players and had done so steadily since the same date the previous year.

L2chart.

9 hours ago, AugustFestival said:

game doesn't have to be super challenging to be fun though, so called "hardcore gamers" love telling others that "this game just isn't for you" when it comes to thier precious hardcore games, you can see it in the first comment on this article advocating for games to be more accessible "This one just isn’t for you" but theres a certain section of gamers who seem to want to make ALL games hardcore which would resulting all games "just not for you"

If you dont find the game challenging enough... it could be its simply not for you, theres a huge issue with elitism when it comes to games being hard and it needs to change. I don't want or need more hardcore-ness pushed into games I enjoy in part because they are easy.

I've said nothing in conflict with anything said here so I don't know why this response is to me? Did you misquote or only half read what I said? 

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nope, still not the case. And it hasnt been prior to, during or after the YTers started ranting about it.

As I said earlier, when they started throwing around the "bleeding" term WF was actually gaining players and had done so steadily since the same date the previous year.

L2chart.

The best part about, "bleeding," players is that people were only using the Steam charts. That wasn't accounting for the various consoles and the people who used the standalone launcher.

I hate it when people want to add more difficult content and act like the game is going to die without it. It's not. The game is still fun. The game being fun is what's keeping the person wishing for more challenging content here in the first place.

8 hours ago, Chipputer said:

The best part about, "bleeding," players is that people were only using the Steam charts. That wasn't accounting for the various consoles and the people who used the standalone launcher. 

I hate it when people want to add more difficult content and act like the game is going to die without it. It's not. The game is still fun. The game being fun is what's keeping the person wishing for more challenging content here in the first place. 

Actually, it is fun in small doses because you have absolutely nothing to do at a certain point. 

Were mission scaling rewards in place for Kuva, I would be interested. Were ESO possible to go above 13 with spawning enemies, I would play that guantlet. Were Arbitration regular loot cycle, higher difficulty and better enemy AI then I would play that mode.

But, the content is not rewarding nor is it fun if you can storm through it. Gimping yourself with bad weapons... not fun. Playing frames you don't enjoy to forma up every frame. Not fun.

Sorry, no challenge, no fun.

Edited by Psykhe27
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Psykhe27 said:

Actually, it is fun in small doses because you have absolutely nothing to do at a certain point. 

Were mission scaling rewards in place for Kuva, I would be interested. Were ESO possible to go above 13 with spawning enemies, I would play that guantlet. Were Arbitration regular loot cycle, higher difficulty and better enemy AI then I would play that mode.

But, the content is not rewarding nor is it fun if you can storm through it. Gimping yourself with bad weapons... not fun. Playing frames you don't enjoy to forma up every frame. Not fun.

Sorry, no challenge, no fun.

I see alot of opinions here, but  I don't understand why you're stating them as facts.

I, for one, enjoy running through "storming" the enemies...  I take all manner of weapons out on missions, just for the fun of it..BECAUSE i CAN kill anything with any weapon, pretty much. I enjoy most frames, and if I don't, I don't use them.  I've never felt pressured to forma one  for the sake of doing so...don't know why you would. 😕

Challenge isn't the only way to have fun.  It's not a challenge to fly a kite, but  people enjoy it.  It's not a challenge to toss a ball back and forth, but people enjoy it.  It's not a challenge to play with action figures...but kids love 'em!  Hell, that's all Warframe is for some of us.... Action Figures...but in a video game instead of on a shelf.  We toss 'em around, beat up the bad guys, and have a blast living out our little power fantasies.

Finally, who ever said you needed to play more than "small doses"?  DE, in fact, has specifically stated that they do NOT want us playing Endless , 10 hour missions... That was never their intent.  "Bite-sized chunks", I believe, was the term they used for what they preferred content-wise.  So maybe Warframe isn't doing what YOU'D like it to, but that doesn't mean it's failing to live up to the expectations of the devs, or that it's not enjoyable to a large swath of  players.  It's  continued success after 6 years running would point to it being quite the opposite, I'd say.

I’m still pushing full on raids with big bosses that require actual tactics, some smart modding, and fun rewards.  I see nothing wrong with having a hard game mod for players that are willing to commit the time to learning. Eidolons are a good start for tough bosses but they’re not really tactic heavy and there’s no real danger.  Make wiping a very real possibility.   Make players earn cool rewards.  

Probably many issues that cause the situation we're in. Damage scaling might be a big one, there are builds and rivens that will push your damage in the tens of thousands, so some enemies are scaled to be bullet sponges for that, which makes them essentially unkillable for anything BUT those weapons. A handful of warframes can make themselves nearly invulnerable with various abilities, enemies then are scaled to become a threat to them, and one shot every other frame in the game just by breathing at them.

There's no stealth gameplay anymore unless you just want to play solo, and I think some companions and abilities will screw up the stealth mechanic anyways, syndicate procs definitely do.

Line of sight means almost nothing for the big end game bosses, assuming you can even find somewhere to do it, Lephantis has big empty rooms so you literally can't do anything but stand around waiting for him like Not-Ninjas, or sit in operator void mode, which is boring since you can't do anything in it but dash around, not even an issue of balance since several warframes let you kill enemies while invisible or invincible and their weapons are far more powerful than the amps.

Not too sure what to think of the game anymore, it's like a really weird version of Dynasty Warriors I guess. I only log in for daily crap and log out nowadays, the grinds are just too annoying with rng to bother with, want harrow? The game basically mocks you for bothering to do the story.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I see alot of opinions here, but  I don't understand why you're stating them as facts.

I, for one, enjoy running through "storming" the enemies...  I take all manner of weapons out on missions, just for the fun of it..BECAUSE i CAN kill anything with any weapon, pretty much. I enjoy most frames, and if I don't, I don't use them.  I've never felt pressured to forma one  for the sake of doing so...don't know why you would. 😕

Just because you enjoy easy content, there are plenty of others who would like difficulty and fun. If you don't want to do anything more difficult then you wouldn't have to.

I would like ESO to be able to scale in difficulty with the same loot cycle. Same rewards. But an actual challenge. Staying longer wouldn't hurt anyone else. Change the scaling of level after 12 and it could be sooner than that. Or shorten each round by 30-60 seconds.

Same with Arbitrations. I mean, let's have these two, and possibly more, game modes be able to scale so that people can challenge themselves there. Having the option would hurt noone and only add to replay value.

Saying Warframe is fine as it is does no good. Everything can be improved and nothing is perfect.

Edited by Psykhe27

On 2019-05-07 at 12:45 PM, Psykhe27 said:

Make arbitrations harder. Make them more rewarding. This could be a fun game mode if it were not boring as hell. Doing 40 waves for a C cycle is absurd. Make it 20 waves. Make it scale harder. If noobs want the rewards and can't participate then, god forbid, they need to learn and meet higher skill players.

There is no endgame because level 35 is considered hard. 1 hr mot level should be a base starting point for a game mode.

- From a day 125 MR27 player who can do 4 hour survivals

From what i read u only want fast rewards since u say u want 20 waves instead of 40 because it would be easyer for u and faster to do for high lvl since u have nessecary mods.

And u sound like a noob urself because mr 27 should have realized urself that u cant really measure game difficulty by enemy level since u can survive them all and kill them all at that point, no matter what level. So the challenge of mission always comes to its lenght, enemy types and variations (example nullifiers,eximus and other). So if u can do 4 hour survival then do it.  From my testing arbitration is pretty hard if u use other weapons than some op weapons.  

Only thing i can think of is crippling warframes and weapons for its mission way that ur warframe and weapon is purely default, no mods at all. Base health,base damage (with elements option ofc because its needed) Rewards ofc should scale by time too so people would continue playing mission not reset it. While this type of Hardcore mode doesnt exist yet then just use derelict keys like someone mentioned before.

You claiming that u have high skill as mr 27 hahahahahaha and that newbies need to learn. I have only seen noob people say such thing who got best gear and then after beating someone with low gear and telling they got more skill 😄 Gratz. 

I dont use word noob in games but i thought i make exception this time for fun:D

3 minutes ago, ValloVN said:

From what i read u only want fast rewards since u say u want 20 waves instead of 40 because it would be easyer for u and faster to do for high lvl since u have nessecary mods.

And u sound like a noob urself because mr 27 should have realized urself that u cant really measure game difficulty by enemy level since u can survive them all and kill them all at that point, no matter what level. So the challenge of mission always comes to its lenght, enemy types and variations (example nullifiers,eximus and other). So if u can do 4 hour survival then do it.  From my testing arbitration is pretty hard if u use other weapons than some op weapons.  

Only thing i can think of is crippling warframes and weapons for its mission way that ur warframe and weapon is purely default, no mods at all. Base health,base damage (with elements option ofc because its needed) Rewards ofc should scale by time too so people would continue playing mission not reset it. While this type of Hardcore mode doesnt exist yet then just use derelict keys like someone mentioned before.

You claiming that u have high skill as mr 27 hahahahahaha and that newbies need to learn. I have only seen noob people say such thing who got best gear and then after beating someone with low gear and telling they got more skill 😄 Gratz. 

I dont use word noob in games but i thought i make exception this time for fun:D

Asking for more challenge is the opposite of that, thanks. Get some help, pal.