Psykhe27

Game is too easy and caters to noobs

On 2019-05-18 at 8:10 PM, Psykhe27 said:

What do you mean? I have never used a single legendary core. I got one when I was mr9 and sold it for 300 plat. I have bought 500+ anasa to pump up rivens and primed mods.

Many of the primed mods I bought with plat as fully ranked for 1/3 of the cost of anasa in plat using buy tab on wfmarket. Big brain.

My point stands. You did not play the game, you rushed through it with plat. The fact that you only have 16M credits (if memory serves well), is a clear indication of that. Did you even farm anything or just rushed to the market and bought it? Cause Warframe is 95% farming.

In order for the game to stay alive it must make money. I doubt DE's stats show MR27's being the most profitable players. If they pander to players who feel their skills and experience gives them a greater say in the game it will go broke pretty quick. Priority must be given to attracting new players first, then provide new content for veterans. You have to keep feeding the machine as people naturally drop off.

What annoys me with very skilful players is they don't seem to realise that not everyone can become as good as they are. The get gud response. Take any sport or recreational activity; golf for example, you could play every day for 10 years straight and still be nowhere near as good as Tiger Woods no matter how hard you try.

I do wonder sometimes whether some of the people claiming the game is too easy are just showing off or maybe just have god rivens.

It's a shame really, maybe there's a way veterans can be rewarded (significantly) for passing on their skills, attracting or helping new players.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

In order for the game to stay alive it must make money. I doubt DE's stats show MR27's being the most profitable players. If they pander to players who feel their skills and experience gives them a greater say in the game it will go broke pretty quick. Priority must be given to attracting new players first, then provide new content for veterans. You have to keep feeding the machine as people naturally drop off.

What annoys me with very skilful players is they don't seem to realise that not everyone can become as good as they are. The get gud response. Take any sport or recreational activity; golf for example, you could play every day for 10 years straight and still be nowhere near as good as Tiger Woods no matter how hard you try.

I do wonder sometimes whether some of the people claiming the game is too easy are just showing off or maybe just have god rivens.

It's a shame really, maybe there's a way veterans can be rewarded (significantly) for passing on their skills, attracting or helping new players.

Vets don't know what they want. This is the 100th thread on the topic and still don't have a general idea of what is a endgame for warframe.  They want challenge but yet use nuke frames and rivens. This game is a mess and I think de should focus on fixing many of the issues this game has.endgame can wait.

Edited by moostar95

49 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

Priority must be given to attracting new players first

This has been their priority for years, now. They're actively re-tooling the tutorial again, to boot.

49 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

What annoys me with very skilful players is they don't seem to realise that not everyone can become as good as they are.

... and your point is... what, exactly? Some people are better at things than others? Should schools take out their higher tier classes for advanced students because some others aren't capable of handling them?

55 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

Some are showing off. Some have, "god rivens," sure.
The majority of the people who want more challenging content are cognizant of the fact that your regular, every day mods can make a build that competes with some of the best riven rolls out there.

3 hours ago, arimanari said:

My point stands. You did not play the game, you rushed through it with plat. The fact that you only have 16M credits (if memory serves well), is a clear indication of that. Did you even farm anything or just rushed to the market and bought it? Cause Warframe is 95% farming.

5% is definitely not endgame.

2 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

So they basically design aesthetics and don't bother creating any higher difficulty modes. Correctimondo.

2 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Vets don't know what they want. This is the 100th thread on the topic and still don't have a general idea of what is a endgame for warframe.  They want challenge but yet use nuke frames and rivens. This game is a mess and I think de should focus on fixing many of the issues this game has.endgame can wait.

And while we wait for endgame, the game will bleed players.

Edited by Psykhe27

People who want a decent endgame should go on strike! A Revive Strike! Don't revive anyone till they give us a decent endgame!

On 2019-05-14 at 7:16 PM, MagPrime said:

It is a viable option, using non meta builds to spice things up but, it shouldn't be the answers to a communities cry for a change. 

its an answer for people who need everything to be hardcore and only hardcore ever, I went through a phase of doing everything on the highest difficulty and giving myself my own restrictions, it was fun, alternatively go play path of exile if you want a huge challenge that games exhausting

id actually be fine with there being cool new challenging things but the way op is phrasing it is not going to help get that in a healthy way because he is is a perfect example of the issues in the gaming community with elitism when it comes to challenge

Edited by AugustFestival
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-14 at 7:19 PM, Cubewano said:

a game doesn't either have to be 3 year old one button click to win easy or grand master chess level difficult, there are inbetweens. calling warframes gameplay not super challenging is an understatement, it isn't challenging at all, and its only been becoming more and more so over the years, albeit never being proclaimed as uber difficult in the past. There's a reason these complaints have only appeared the most recent years, yet long in the past nobody complained about a lack of challenge or an absence of ease, there are happy middle places if people would stop overreacting. 

game doesn't have to be super challenging to be fun though, so called "hardcore gamers" love telling others that "this game just isn't for you" when it comes to thier precious hardcore games, you can see it in the first comment on this article advocating for games to be more accessible "This one just isn’t for you" but theres a certain section of gamers who seem to want to make ALL games hardcore which would resulting all games "just not for you"

If you dont find the game challenging enough... it could be its simply not for you, theres a huge issue with elitism when it comes to games being hard and it needs to change. I don't want or need more hardcore-ness pushed into games I enjoy in part because they are easy.

Edited by AugustFestival
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-05-15 at 11:17 AM, Zimzala said:

And thus, those vertans need to have the self realization that they have outgrown the game, IMO.

The game is built to be what it is.

After you master it, it provides less challenge w/o you making your own.

If that is not the game you want to play, find another.

That is not unconstructive, it simply does not solve your 'issue' in the way you would prefer, which in your own words, is obviously not the plan, since DE has not provided what you think it should.

Threads like this won't change any of that, if your outlook is true - this is a game based around mastering it, then it holds little value to 'veterans', because they have done all there is to do.

How is acknowledging that reality conterproductive?

I just realized there are parralels betwen you telling people to go play another game if it doesn't provide challenge any longer and people telling others to play another game if it is too hard, the only difference is what you are saying isn't supported and one seems to not be

Edited by AugustFestival

10 hours ago, arimanari said:

It's like if people just bought a premade pizza, showed up at a "Pizza Making Class"  and just started eating it like "Man, I don't see what's so hard here....this class is boring, this stuff's easy!    Just give the guy next door $10 and BOOM! I got pizza".

Thereby missing the entire point of the experience offered...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

And while we wait for endgame, the game will bleed players.

Nope, still not the case. And it hasnt been prior to, during or after the YTers started ranting about it.

As I said earlier, when they started throwing around the "bleeding" term WF was actually gaining players and had done so steadily since the same date the previous year.

L2chart.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AugustFestival said:

game doesn't have to be super challenging to be fun though, so called "hardcore gamers" love telling others that "this game just isn't for you" when it comes to thier precious hardcore games, you can see it in the first comment on this article advocating for games to be more accessible "This one just isn’t for you" but theres a certain section of gamers who seem to want to make ALL games hardcore which would resulting all games "just not for you"

If you dont find the game challenging enough... it could be its simply not for you, theres a huge issue with elitism when it comes to games being hard and it needs to change. I don't want or need more hardcore-ness pushed into games I enjoy in part because they are easy.

I've said nothing in conflict with anything said here so I don't know why this response is to me? Did you misquote or only half read what I said?