The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game is too easy and caters to noobs

Psykhe27

On 2019-05-07 at 5:50 AM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

> Game is too easy and caters to noobs

> Game is difficult, time-gating, and non-beginner-friendly

confused confusion GIF

i'm MR17, which one of these am I supposed to f---king BELIEVEEEEE-

You are in a transitional point. Right now your power will continue scaling up, but content will remain same difficulty, you will see .

5 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

Besides sunk cost fallacy, completionist addiction and just plain habit.

If you're not here because the game is fun and because of the psychological factors then perhaps you should seek treatment? That's not healthy.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Chipputer:

If you're not here because the game is fun and because of the psychological factors then perhaps you should seek treatment? That's not healthy.

agreed. not rarely i wish i could just stop, actually.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Jenvas1306:

What is skill? 

Is it pressing buttons with great reflexes?

ya.

Is it having the patience to grind to get the gear you need?

nops.

Is it knowing what gear to use and how to mod it?

you mean analysing and adapting to certain situations ad hoc? sure.

you mean like looking things up on wf builder? nah.

1 hour ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

agreed. not rarely i wish i could just stop, actually.

ya.

nops.

you mean analysing and adapting to certain situations ad hoc? sure.

you mean like looking things up on wf builder? nah.

By looking up builds you forgo the fun of figuring out your own setup tho. My questions are rhetoric, cause all of those things can be considered skill or not depending whom you ask.

22 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

Just because you enjoy easy content, there are plenty of others who would like difficulty and fun. If you don't want to do anything more difficult then you wouldn't have to.

I would like ESO to be able to scale in difficulty with the same loot cycle. Same rewards. But an actual challenge. Staying longer wouldn't hurt anyone else. Change the scaling of level after 12 and it could be sooner than that. Or shorten each round by 30-60 seconds.

Same with Arbitrations. I mean, let's have these two, and possibly more, game modes be able to scale so that people can challenge themselves there. Having the option would hurt noone and only add to replay value.

Saying Warframe is fine as it is does no good. Everything can be improved and nothing is perfect.

Never said I didn't want challenge...

but, perhaps: 

1. I find more challenge in some things than you or others do.  Perhaps I find LESS challenge in some things that you might otherwise consider difficult. It's a somewhat relative concept, and thus not one you can just "improve upon".

2. I do enjoy the power I worked for almost 1500 hours to get, and now I enjoy just getting to unleash it on hordes of enemies.  There's nothing wrong with that.  I'm fine with it. I know stronger enemies are on the horizon, and I look forward to rising to the occasion then, too!

Problem with locking any high rewards behind scaling is that DE may be concerned about locking people OUT of  those rewards, or creating a situation in market similar to rivens right now.  If those items are NOT available to trade, then we have people complaining about things being "unable to be bought" (i don't get it, either, but they do complain..).  If they lock it behind time, such as running 4 hour missions to get x rewards, they lock out a great deal of players who simply haven't that much time per play session to invest.  College kids, parents, people with multiple jobs....  And those are not people they want to alienate, either.  In fact, typically, those are the people making plat purchases from DE because they need to skip the grind to make up for the time they haven't got to invest in the game.

Anyways, I'm not saying nothing can be improved, and I'm -certainly- not calling Warframe, or any game, "perfect".  One shouldn't make that leap of logic...  

All I AM saying is that the systems they have in are not as problematic as the posts on these forums would have people believe.  There ARE ways to challenge ourselves, many just don't agree with or enjoy those ways, according to the vocal few in these threads (relatively speaking).   That doesn't mean they don't exist as options, though.

I just had to bring this topic back again. I really do not like the phrase "catering to noobs," but my recent experience with WF wishes new expansions to be more challenging.

The recent update is beautiful and we finally saw Natah, the new Amalgams, Disruption and I did like Wisp. But everything just went by so quickly. Not even trying to brag but like the OP, if you are at MR27, you just wish there is a reason to keep playing other than beating RNG.

I can't find any reason to keep fighting Ropalolyst after getting all the Wisp parts. The boss is a huge disappointment in the difficulty department. I am not too keen on the recent trend of Exploiter Orbs bosses where the WF you bring doesn't matter. Do not get me wrong, I like Exploiter, but more of a one-off kind of a boss fight. I feel the whole effort behind making a "hoverdolon" wasted when it offered parts and nothing else. No real challenge and no other interesting drops after you easily get all the Amalgam mods.  The Tridolons and even Profiteer Orb require preparation, practice and some tweaking of WF.or weapons.  Maybe even some teamwork. Things IMO we should be enjoying in the game and not just mindnumbing repeatable hit and run tactics just to get things.

Most new items depend on Hexenon. You can get it from Disruptions which is a new mode I like, but why do it when anyone else can get it in other parts of Jupiter like Survival, Cameria with a farming WF. What I observe is players do not like long sessions at Disruption after seeing low Hex returns for the extra effort. It is not new and we can opt out anytime, but relying on recruit chat every time for almost anything you want for longer is a dull exercise so why even bother. 

Something is amiss. I am all for player participation but for anyone else who had been through most parts of the game. you end up twiddling your fingers and wonder. When will I ever be excited again to log in so I can test a new build on a WF or weapon for the new boss/mode and be appropriately rewarded for it? I do not care if I get some flak for this and DE might not even be looking. I know WF has a big target market to deal with, but I feel the game is just too easy for at least a portion of its player base right now. 

Edited by Alpha_Tango

Really enjoy seeing these "It's too easy, increase difficulty" posts. You know most people play to relax and enjoy a few hours of gameplay, not to feel accomplished. Making a game too hard , to satisfy the hardcore players who like to play all day, is a very good way of alienating a large portion of the playerbase. In the end you end up with bosses that are HP sinks and can one shot you again and again. There is no fun in dying all the time or spending an hour to kill one boss. I don't want to see warframe go down the drain like many other mmo's which lost their way.

Edit : By the way, i don't approve of the term noob because it's derogatory to new players. It's quite logical that they'll do mistakes and play bad since they're still learning the game. You want an experienced team? That's what the Recruit channel is for or invite a few of your friends.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

On 2019-05-07 at 5:48 AM, FlusteredFerret said:

The game needs to cater to players of all skill levels...including noobs.

DE are trying to figure out how to provide more challenging content for veterans, without screwing up the game for everyone else.

In the meantime, if you're bored - go play another game. Elitist tryhards like you make up a small percentage of the player base, so DE aren't going to jump to your command.

This is a blatant false dichotemy. One is not simply either a noob or a tryhard.

The point is, you get through all the milestones of progression, get some cool weapons and fill out your basic mod set, only to realize most of the "hard" missions only do lv ~50 enemies, which are now trivialized. No matter how many new frames or weapons they market, if the content is still a pushover, the game loop is broken. One does not have to be a min-maxer to reach this point, only go through the motions of basic progression the game wants you to.