Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psykhe27

Game is too easy and caters to noobs

7 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I do have this baseball bat...

Amnesia is an option, but you also are likely to forget what you liked and wanted to experience in the first place, creating a Twilight Zone level hole in one's heart that will never be filled.

5 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

At first I wanted to write over 100, but I'd say that is easily achievable in the Bug reports section alone. Maybe you just have a looot of those? 😅

Nah, those came from a more... youthful time.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Amnesia is an option, but you also are likely to forget what you liked and wanted to experience in the first place, creating a Twilight Zone level hole in one's heart that will never be filled.

Then we do a bit of amnesia, followed by a bit of Remember Me (the game) remixing.

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

Then we do a bit of amnesia, followed by a bit of Remember Me (the game) remixing.

I'm more partial to realizing that I'll never have that initial spark in a game again, but not letting that stop me from enjoying what made me enjoy it in the first place even if I can beat the game with one hand behind my back.

Accepting the past and looking to the future while enjoying the present, that's just how I roll.

I like how you try to flex by stating your MR. Lol, nobody cares what your MR is, doesn't even matter how high or low it is either, it just means you can lvl stuff quickly. As for the rest of your rant...really if you want more of a challenge, another game is likely to fill that hole. On a side note, you make it sound like you're the only one in the whole game that plays 4+ hours of survival...you're not. Trust me, you're not.

I likes to use Rhino with adaptation with my 8 forma'd riven guns and dis game to ez herpa derp derp derp.

14 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

> Game is too easy and caters to noobs

> Game is difficult, time-gating, and non-beginner-friendly

confused confusion GIF

i'm MR17, which one of these am I supposed to f---king BELIEVEEEEE-

Neither, you enjoy the game to how you feel

hace 15 horas, FlusteredFerret dijo:

In the meantime, if you're bored - go play another game. Elitist tryhards like you make up a small percentage of the player base, so DE aren't going to jump to your command.

"The game needs to cater to players of all skill levels"

First of all, you just contradicted yourselves, you said ALL levels.

Second of all, DE cannot make all the comunnities happy.

The "go play another game" is the kind of crap that will ruin this game

17 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

In the meantime, if you're bored - go play another game. Elitist tryhards like you make up a small percentage of the player base, so DE aren't going to jump to your command.

A. It's not healthy for the game to tell people to leave it. You're just hurting the games/devs.

B. What evidence do you have that players who want more of a challenge make up a small percentage of the game? I know they make up a small percentage of the forums, because of people like you.

17 hours ago, Highresist said:

What every developer forgets, however, is the myth of the 1%, best explained in a 2005 Blizzcone about raiding in World of Warcrat. If you make incentive for people to reach higher in the game, they would take part in the "1%" content.

This guy #*!%ing gets it

4 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I like how you try to flex by stating your MR. Lol, nobody cares what your MR is, doesn't even matter how high or low it is either, it just means you can lvl stuff quickly. As for the rest of your rant...really if you want more of a challenge, another game is likely to fill that hole. On a side note, you make it sound like you're the only one in the whole game that plays 4+ hours of survival...you're not. Trust me, you're not.

Take your logic and common sense and leave please.  We have no room for those.

Problem with this game is everyone wants everything.

This game has a goal to be your main game but fails to provide reasonable content to each player type.

There is no balance and time/reward ratio is total bullS#&$.

Current system is skewed towards new players since they make a majority and this is the reason old players often take long breaks or sometimes outright quit the game.

If you feel annoyed or burned out just take a break.Try other games.

Remember this game is a filler and should only be treated as such for foreseeable future.

32 minutes ago, anikj2020 said:

Problem with this game is everyone wants everything.

This game has a goal to be your main game but fails to provide reasonable content to each player type.

There is no balance and time/reward ratio is total bullS#&$.

Current system is skewed towards new players since they make a majority and this is the reason old players often take long breaks or sometimes outright quit the game.

If you feel annoyed or burned out just take a break.Try other games.

Remember this game is a filler and should only be treated as such for foreseeable future.

This happened in the recent years because a lot of time ago this was an hard game with limited revives and tough enemies...

No one really wants to play against lvl 100++ enemies, no one wants to really fight against silly damage reduction and immunities. The Sentient Wolf caused major posterior aches already. This is all an impotent flailing due to inability to be honest about what you really want standing in stark contrast to what you also want.

You can't have 8 forma riven'd top-tier meta room melting guns and frames and a challenge at the same time.

The sooner people agree and admit that we're powercreeped to Hek and back, and that we need, desperately, a crushing reduction in powerlevel, a crushing reduction in mod effectivity and mod reliance, a crushing reduction in runaway loops of power, the sooner DE can stop making fights that need the crutches of invulnerability phases, gear checks and damage reductions. But as soon as DE looks at something with a nerfbat, the outrage is absolutely riveting.

I say, tear it all down, until you cannot go to Pluto without fearing for your revives, until you sneak into the Kuva Fortress and are proud to make it out with 20 minutes of Kuva farming, until the Stalkers becomes a real threat again that requires people to work together, rather than being casually mopped up by one guy while the rest continues the mission.

20 hours ago, Psykhe27 said:

Make arbitrations harder. Make them more rewarding. This could be a fun game mode if it were not boring as hell. Doing 40 waves for a C cycle is absurd. Make it 20 waves. Make it scale harder. If noobs want the rewards and can't participate then, god forbid, they need to learn and meet higher skill players.

Make game modes that rewards based on merit and challenge.

Make it so achievement is earned rather than just showing up.

There is no endgame because level 35 is considered hard. 1 hr mot level should be a base starting point for a game mode.

- From a day 125 MR27 player who can do 4 hour survivals

If you actually think about it ... the 40 waves has little to do with it being noob friendly lol its a time sink for the effort, they could make it 10 waves, but then they'd have you guys whining even more about nothing to do but grind. DE can't win. And they will cater to the majority thankfully that majority is made up from your so called "noob" population, the game is for everyone. If they catered just to your likes, DE would go bankrupt....

26 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

No one really wants to play against lvl 100++ enemies, no one wants to really fight against silly damage reduction and immunities. The Sentient Wolf caused major posterior aches already. This is all an impotent flailing due to inability to be honest about what you really want standing in stark contrast to what you also want.

You can't have 8 forma riven'd top-tier meta room melting guns and frames and a challenge at the same time.

The sooner people agree and admit that we're powercreeped to Hek and back, and that we need, desperately, a crushing reduction in powerlevel, a crushing reduction in mod effectivity and mod reliance, a crushing reduction in runaway loops of power, the sooner DE can stop making fights that need the crutches of invulnerability phases, gear checks and damage reductions. But as soon as DE looks at something with a nerfbat, the outrage is absolutely riveting.

I say, tear it all down, until you cannot go to Pluto without fearing for your revives, until you sneak into the Kuva Fortress and are proud to make it out with 20 minutes of Kuva farming, until the Stalkers becomes a real threat again that requires people to work together, rather than being casually mopped up by one guy while the rest continues the mission.

Must admit dispite being just starting to feel reasonably powerful I do agree, have played WoW since launch and that has and still has (due to the inate model with MMORG's) the issue of power inflation, and upgrade needs to feel like an upgrade so after 10 years boss health was in the billions, and dps was in the millions when it started at 2000 DPS being godly when it started.

Now warframe suffers less from this power creap but it still happens and will eventually need to be addressed drastically otherwise the game will become so sceweded towards "need  to have the best gear" to achieve anything, it will dramatically hinder newer players or those without the "best gear" which will be mandatry rather than a luxury.

29 minutes ago, ShakariPsy said:

Must admit dispite being just starting to feel reasonably powerful I do agree, have played WoW since launch and that has and still has (due to the inate model with MMORG's) the issue of power inflation, and upgrade needs to feel like an upgrade so after 10 years boss health was in the billions, and dps was in the millions when it started at 2000 DPS being godly when it started.

Now warframe suffers less from this power creap but it still happens and will eventually need to be addressed drastically otherwise the game will become so sceweded towards "need  to have the best gear" to achieve anything, it will dramatically hinder newer players or those without the "best gear" which will be mandatry rather than a luxury.

That's the thing, though.  You actually don't need  "meta" gear at all to get through 90% of the game.

And that's not a bad thing.  It means you can CHOOSE what you LIKE instead of what the game REQUIRES.  It means the so-called "meta" is less relevant when your goal is to just play and have fun. 

I mean, if you want to make a 2nd job out of farming, that's another story, but...I'd argue that's the case for most any game.

5 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

A. It's not healthy for the game to tell people to leave it. You're just hurting the games/devs.

B. What evidence do you have that players who want more of a challenge make up a small percentage of the game? I know they make up a small percentage of the forums, because of people like you.

Are you implying that people shouldn't play other gmes if they want real challenge? Its not telling people to leave, its telling them to play something else for that challenge fix, it doesn't mean leave the game completely, lots of people need a break from this game. This also should not be the only thing you play, else you end up like Asmongold who made the dumb choice (in my opinion) to only play wow for years. Now he sucks at everything else, especially Dark souls. Its not gonna kill the game if people play something else, trust me.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

That's the thing, though.  You actually don't need  "meta" gear at all to get through 90% of the game.

And that's not a bad thing.  It means you can CHOOSE what you LIKE instead of what the game REQUIRES.  It means the so-called "meta" is less relevant when your goal is to just play and have fun. 

I mean, if you want to make a 2nd job out of farming, that's another story, but...I'd argue that's the case for most any game.

I agree with you I was not saying you did at the moment, but there is power inflation in the game, that's beyond doubt, just need the Dev's to keep it in check with how the game is intended, if nerfs are needed then there needed.

1 hour ago, Ced23Ric said:

LoL... this is what I keep trying to tell them... I feel they know this already but they want what they want so much that it overrides these two conflicting issues. 

2 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

Its not just the players that need to admit. The devs also need to keep pushing things forward.... they're going to lose interest if they don't give players more power.... hence why we have so much Run Away Momentum in terms of Balance. 

2 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

I say, tear it all down, until you cannot go to Pluto without fearing for your revives, until you sneak into the Kuva Fortress and are proud to make it out with 20 minutes of Kuva farming, until the Stalkers becomes a real threat again that requires people to work together, rather than being casually mopped up by one guy while the rest continues the mission

Yeah it would get the balance back under control but it would still be boring.

1 hour ago, ShakariPsy said:

I feel like its there already....

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

True.... but the level of frustration of feeling like you're not dealing enough damage and dying in one hit is definitely a problem right now when you don l't have all the best equipment. This is definitely going to lose Players because just because its possible to clear the star chart with the Hek doesn't mean people are going to keep having fun as the damage starts to fall off. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I mean... you can.... but you'l almost certainly be punished for it. Unless you have a damn good Riven and arcanes to compensate for your Choices....

The more i think about it i am more convinced that most of it lies in perception. 

There is always a meta and opie cheese stuff that performs better than anything else. We will find all of them given time and nerfing those besides too much cheese ones just induces frustration. 

In my opinion the thing we lack most is for first FUN endgame content that is challenging enough for good enough "fun" setups. Doesn't matter if you can cheese it or not.. if just not too much.

Explanation. Eidolons if not cheesed are unfun, they have autotargeted silly skills, are just too crazy of a shyt storm when allowed to cast too much and just unfun without certain setups (the lures dying super quick without trinity or vazarin for example).. and when cheesed in maxed out party unimportant and ultra easy (they almost use no skills whatsover if you oneshot every phase). This can be easily seen as a "newbie" party can strugle with 1 tridolon where pros can get 5 rotation in one night without a sweat. The rewards, their progression and rarity is thou spot on - best in terms of warframes endgame. The problem here is the disparity in how a semi efficient, lets call it fun setup plays the encounter and the meta one. 

2nd we have the exploiter which has fun and engaging mechanics, i for one really like the mechanics, the clarity of it, the no cheese shytstorm in it, staggers all over the place and one shooting you silly mechanics. Not too convoluted, there is some skill involved,.. but this activity lacks on the different side. The rewards are crappy tbh, just everything drops so much you basically will never ever mine again or farm ducks or Fortuna standing after just few runs of it. Rewards have no progression, feel like just a dump of everything that fortuna has to offer. It doesn't feel special at all.. and on top of it all its just too easy of a fight that cant really be made much quicker. There is no room for meta and just everything is viable which is also a bad thing. 

From my perspective i think we lack something of a middle ground here. Fun and engaging mechanics like exlpoiters, droptables like of eidolons, party play should be around middle of them both, so not take just anything (roles required but not to a crazy level when you can only take trin as healer or/and chroma with a riven or you fail), more things like party must coordinate to do well (a simple example throw and shoot that container, but everyone together within 5seconds apart or it is 5 times less effective) .. and some room for meta cheese. If the meta can do it 50% faster than a decent average team, but not more and just any random team will strugle with it you are spot on.

Few of such bosses and the perspective would change. You will have the use for your endgame shyt as it will allow you to get more in the same time - be more effective, but there will be a lot of for fun diverse parties that will do chill runs where you dont feel like you are losing a lot. After that its just adding nightmare versions of each of those with just shifted droptables and far less place for mistakes and some additional failure conditions and that i think would be enough to change the perspective. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Its not telling people to leave, its telling them to play something else for that challenge fix

This game HAD that challenge fix, this was the game for that. It was taken away from us, and we want it back. Saying go play another game for that challenge is saying "leave the game, the challenge ain't coming back". You can try saying it in softer words, but you can't fool me.

MR27 here with good builds and loadouts for all missions. 

I found current balance of enemies levels proper and enjoyable. If the hardest contents are designed for only top players’ meta gears, 99% won’t be enjoying the game. It actually feels good for me to play with any players and help each others out. And if I want more challenging contents, I stay longer in missions or find less experienced players to do harder missions.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

You just joking, right?

This is the forums. We know better than all the game developers in the world combined. 

/s

10 hours ago, bibmobello said:

This happened in the recent years because a lot of time ago this was an hard game with limited revives and tough enemies...

No, it wasn't.

You were just a new player with little progression. 

The game became much easier when your mod base became fully leveled and mostly complete.