Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime needs a Buff

G.L.O.R.ious

Rhino is well know for being a really good and easy Warframe for starter players and still helpful for some "endgame" missions but i fell like his role as a tank has become a joke.

Inaros and Oberon are easy as Rhino to build but they can resist enemies with level 100 and above without worry.

My idea to solve part of this problem is to buff his energy from 150 to 300 in his Prime form. The regular Rhino would still be great to starter players but the Prime would be viable to use in "endgame" missions with Quick Thinking and could use his abilities more easily.

Tank frames don't have energy problems now: Inaros don't need it, Oberon has infinity energy, Gara consume so little that is irrelevant and Chroma Prime has 300, so why just Rhino has to use only 150 even in his Prime form?

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

why does it matter?

"Tank frames don't have energy problems now: Inaros don't need it, Oberon has infinity energy, Gara consume so little that is irrelevant and Chroma Prime has 300"

And i forgot to put Trinity ho can make her own energy.

If you don't se a problem in this i don't now if anything else would matter.

Why are we comparing different frames with different roles?
Sure, all can tank. But they still have different roles. And there tank-abilities make them quite different aswell.
Rhino is completely immune to status procs. Inaros isn't. And Oberon need to stand on his 2 for that.
And Iron Skin has kind of a shield gate. So even if the Iron Skin goes down, you won't die. Inaros and Oberon can die, even though they are kind of tanky.
Rhino provides team support with his 3 and with his 4. Inaros has his 3, and that's all he has for support. Nothing special.
Oberon is a full on support with heal and some armor, and he can strip armor.

But again: Different roles on different frames. You can't just talk about their tankiness and call that a comparison.

• Like 2

I can get behind wanting to buff a frame but why only the prime that much?

They clearly stated that primes should not be necessary or repalce normal ones compeltly with to high stats, primes only have minor stat advances and always have, eceptions are newer weapons which they try to differ with passives or extra effects and not just pure stat boosts.

Buffing only Rhino Prime will make his normal counterpart seem basically useless and not worth getting at all if the stats are to far spread apart.

And as others said he is still one of the best tanks, you need ot build it right simply and balance it out if you think he has weaknesses.

Rhino does not need a buff lol.  He's stupid easy to farm, build and use.  He might not be "turn off the game godmode" like Inaros, but he's still one of the best frames.

Edit:  didn't notice you mentioned QT in a post about Rhino.  Easily discounts the rest of the post.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I can get behind wanting to buff a frame but why only the prime that much? 

Chroma Prime has better armor and energy than regular Chroma is the same logicy here.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)AlingsasArrende said:

Pardon me, what were you thinking of here? What am I misssing?

If you use Rage and Flow with his third ability he will never get without energy.

Gerade eben schrieb G.L.O.R.ious:

Chroma Prime has better armor and energy than regular Chroma is the same logicy here.

75 more armor and 50 more energy, that isn't much, OP wants double the energy which is a way more difference then just minimal stat boosts.

Rhino has has 85 more Armor, so it differs not much, considering energy costs on Chroma and Rhino, it is simply still balance yet not overpowered.

Difference hee is 10 more armor or 50 more energy. Nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 2

Double the energy might be to much but i really think that he deserves at least more 50 energy just to use the full kit because that's is what it makes his stand out from other tank frames.

He is my third most used frame but nowadays i barely touch him.

1 hour ago, G.L.O.R.ious said:

"Tank frames don't have energy problems now: Inaros don't need it, Oberon has infinity energy, Gara consume so little that is irrelevant and Chroma Prime has 300"

And i forgot to put Trinity ho can make her own energy.

If you don't se a problem in this i don't now if anything else would matter.

Share your build 

1 minute ago, G.L.O.R.ious said:

With adaptation and 80 healing by second that's some really rare thing to ocurre.

And Rhino has his 100k Iron Skin up all the time. He doesn't die either. And he has nice CC and a damage buff. He doesn't need a buff to his stats.

What are we arguing about? Maxed out builds and what not?

• Like 1

Just now, Muhyee said:

Rhino can be considered a support tank and your build clearly goes towards the support role.

Wouldn't say that. OP's build has no range at all. There is no support in that. He only uses Rhino for his Iron Skin. And I think that's where his mistake is. He uses only one skill, and nothing else.
Rhino is so much more than just Iron Skin.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Wouldn't say that. OP's build has no range at all. There is no support in that. He only uses Rhino for his Iron Skin. And I think that's where his mistake is. He uses only one skill, and nothing else.
Rhino is so much more than just Iron Skin.

He brings the selfish support role on the table with dmg up. He wants to always have iron skin and dmg up and that's just too op!

Although I agree that this is not his only skill.

@G.L.O.R.ious If you want iron skin build, you can replace duration with flow and your energy problem is solved. Don't expect to be able to use everything at once tho.

1 minute ago, Muhyee said:

I think you are making a terrible mistake here... Rhino can be considered a support tank and your build clearly goes towards the support role.

Yeah, that's my goal with the regular build but i really want to resist high damage with that.

Oberon is my most used Warframe because can act as support and be a imortal as well in the same build

If Rhino receive more energy i could do the same.