Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discord?

Towik

Discord itself is a mess regardless of the mainstream PC part.

Discord, leading the way with chat with 1990s style loading splash window with clever-sounding unfunny phrases, deceptively simple looking but counter-intuitive UI, pointless password Discord eats and never lets you type again (no "remember password" or anything!), chat features that don't make sense like reactions ... what else? Oh, it has gaming tentacles and wants to steal all your gaming credentials for as many different gaming networks you might play on. I want to say it misuses terms like "server" for "channel"? I forget! All I remember was Discord annoyed me to death!

• Like 1

Number 1 issue, don't buddy with WF discord whichever sense the new Lotus's guide they didn't say they own of the discord which it is possible they might not tag along for discord or either they heard it from youtuber who had talked about the discord issue WF.  So its best to find ppl either online either website forum, ppl online in warframe to use discord with you or either find a friend who plays warframe to get a good start with discord.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

5 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Number 1 issue, don't buddy with WF discord whichever sense the new Lotus's guide they didn't say they own of the discord which it is possible they might not tag along for discord or either they heard it from youtuber who had talked about the discord issue WF.  So its best to find ppl either online either website forum, ppl online in warframe to use discord with you or either find a friend who plays warframe to get a good start with discord.

... I am so lost. Can you maybe rephrase that?

5 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

4 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

Me too please. I have no idea what I just read up there. 

9 hours ago, Towik said:

What's the point of WF discord server? when It's impossible to type in any of the channels ⚠️

It's beta.

Also and in the meantime, it serves as an outlet for stuff to buy, so I guess someone figured it can't hurt to have it out there.

It did replace the unofficial one (where you can type and interact) in that Discord servers list on the bottom left. So +1 for marketing, -1 for the community departments? 🤔

Edited by Kontrollo
better

I'll rephrase what he said for you. 

Partnered servers are god awful due to the ToS being so restricting 

Your best bet is finding a non PC clan otherwise you're gonna be in hell. 

You'll get banned for anything like disagreeing with something,  having the wrong opinion, having your own opinion and *god forbid you say a bad word*

Non PC clan servers are a safe haven in the hellhole that's anything mainstream like warframe

8 hours ago, nslay said:

Discord, leading the way with chat with 1990s style loading splash window with clever-sounding unfunny phrases, deceptively simple looking but counter-intuitive UI, pointless password Discord eats and never lets you type again (no "remember password" or anything!), chat features that don't make sense like reactions ... what else? Oh, it has gaming tentacles and wants to steal all your gaming credentials for as many different gaming networks you might play on. I want to say it misuses terms like "server" for "channel"? I forget! All I remember was Discord annoyed me to death!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates Discord with passion.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, nslay said:

Yeah - I have to say I'm not impressed with Discord either.

Had to join after Armored Warfare shut down its official forum...and boy what a joke.

Mods block any kind of criticism of the game or developers...nowhere to post bug reports or feedback. Its basically a real-time exercise in backslapping and saying how great everything is. :vomit:

Thats when there's actually anybody on there.

Discord might be fine as an alternative to Teamspeak, when in-game voice comms are necessary, but as a discussion platform it blows.

Lets hope DE never decides to close this place.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

10 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

10 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Me too please. I have no idea what I just read up there. 

So no one got the memo about "rahetalius" speech?  We don't know either the WF discord communities either still attach with the old moderator or either somewhat new but still ruled over by old moderators. Just saying, no offense for I just read their forum and did not say anything about WF discord is part of warframe's game.  Anyway I made a suggestion for you guys to just simply start your own group in discord of the game of warframe. Nothing special and nothing complex, just simple extra step.

7 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Yeah - I have to say I'm not impressed with Discord either.

Had to join after Armored Warfare shut down its official forum...and boy what a joke.

Mods block any kind of criticism of the game or developers...nowhere to post bug reports or feedback. Its basically a real-time exercise in backslapping and saying how great everything is. :vomit:

Thats when there's actually anybody on there.

Discord might be fine as an alternative to Teamspeak, when in-game voice comms are necessary, but as a discussion platform it blows.

Lets hope DE never decides to close this place.

As someone who has been using Discord for just that, it is fantastic, especially given the price tag of 'free'. Properly setting a TeamSpeak server was a bit of a hassle as well.

As a replacement for proper forums though? While I haven't been a part of anything or anyone who has tried, I could see that turning into a train wreck real quick.