Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game freezes entire switch

I've had this issue 3 times in 1 day where the game randomly at the start of any mission in hand held mode will hard freeze the switch to the point where the console it's self is not responsive and have to force the switch off and on again

Edited by (NSW)Cannedfruit
Grammer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been having this issue a lot lately.  Not always while playing.  Sometimes I set the switch down for a while after playing Warframe, when I turn it back on the game is frozen. I can usually get back out to the Switch menu, but then entire Switch freezes when I try to close Warframe.  

Today first time for me

1. freezing at loading screen, error message

2. Freezing right when entering the game, error message

3. Freeze right when starting the first mission and entering

4. Freeze at loading

5. Completely froze my Switch, hard restart needed

6. Freeze during loading, error message

7. Freeze during the first (or second if we count the first attempt), error message

Seven times. All in one day and within a few hours of trying to play. In short unplayable.

Going from having had this issue maybe three times in 200 hours played.

Only new thing I did, was complete my first three sorites last night.

Edited by (NSW)Swiftstorm
spelling

21 hours ago, (NSW)Swiftstorm said:

Today first time for me

1. freezing at loading screen, error message

2. Freezing right when entering the game, error message

3. Freeze right when starting the first mission and entering

4. Freeze at loading

5. Completely froze my Switch, hard restart needed

6. Freeze during loading, error message

7. Freeze during the first (or second if we count the first attempt), error message

Seven times. All in one day and within a few hours of trying to play. In short unplayable.

Going from having had this issue maybe three times in 200 hours played.

Only new thing I did, was complete my first three sorites last night.

hes correct this guy is real we need that DE fix this with jovian update if DE not fix this then its unplayable soon TBH

Not that this is a solution. But I decided to delete the game and reinstall it again, which is pretty time consuming, so not a great solution, or a solution for the long run of course, if this keeps coming back. But I played a few hours today (three sorties, defense, capture and a few other games) with zero crashes. So I am guessing it could be some kind of corrupt data that might affect certain players. Anyways worth a a shot as a band aid if anyone with the issue haven't tried reinstalling.

DE any comments? Are you or BP looking into this? Any solution, timeframe etc.? Thanks!

Edited by (NSW)Swiftstorm

Same for me. As soon as I want to wake up my switch from standby after playing Warframe, my entire switch freezes and I am not able to do anything. Need to hard reset it. And once Even that didn‘t work and I had to let it run overnight so the battery got drained completely. 

Haven‘t played WF since then. I mean I love this game but I am not risking my console for it 😕 bummer really 

On 2019-05-17 at 8:33 AM, (NSW)Chumbo said:

I’ve been having this issue a lot lately.  Not always while playing.  Sometimes I set the switch down for a while after playing Warframe, when I turn it back on the game is frozen. I can usually get back out to the Switch menu, but then entire Switch freezes when I try to close Warframe.  

this is what i logged in to report, i cannot let my console enter sleep while playing warframe or i have to restart my system. it's been happening a few weeks now. really putting me off playing. I thought the issue before, having to restart warframe, was bad, but this is way worse.
Sometimes i get away with a soft reset, but often i have to suffocate the power button and hard power cycle because it's frozen my switch entirely. how did that get past cert?

I can get to the switch menu, but if i try to close the frozen warframe it freezes everything every time, if i instead try to start another game, it seems to manage that i'd say about 30% of the time, but usually results in the freeze.

If i close warframe before letting my console sleep there's no issue.

Happens to me all the time the last couple weeks. 1 for sure fix I've found, always go to home screen, close app, THEN sleep mode or set it down. Anytime I set it down on sleep mode while Warframe is open, will cause freeze when restarted. As least to me. Since I've made sure to close app first, no issues at all. Minor inconvience.

On 2019-05-26 at 12:19 PM, TheCHEWER said:

Same for me. As soon as I want to wake up my switch from standby after playing Warframe, my entire switch freezes and I am not able to do anything. Need to hard reset it. And once Even that didn‘t work and I had to let it run overnight so the battery got drained completely. 

Haven‘t played WF since then. I mean I love this game but I am not risking my console for it 😕 bummer really 

Just make sure to close app 😜 first, guaranteed fix.

This happens to me randomly, but constantly. Sometimes during a mission, sometimes when little is going on, like in the orbiter. At first, I thought maybe it was getting hot in the dock. So I played in heldheld mode. Same results. A month later and still no official word on this patch? Come on, DE...I don't have this problem on the PC version. So why are we not hearing from you a month after you state there's a patch in the works? Some communication would be nice.

I just close my Warframe  app completetly when I'm done playing and boot from Scratch. You don't save that much time anyways as the game always reloads from near the beginning.

That said, I do wish they fix it so we can just put our Switch to sleep without logging out of Warframe completely.  It's more of a convenience issue.

On 2019-06-07 at 9:36 PM, (NSW)lego126 said:

Just make sure to close app 😜 first, guaranteed fix.

This is just prevention, not a fix. No matter how much you try to close it first everytime, being a Ninteno Switch that you can play anywhere and anytime, you will have that moment when you have to put it to sleep right away, specially in handheld mode.

I know why this occurs. 
For me, errytime this happens is when there is an interruption with my connection. 
For example, when I disconnect my game from the dock with my ethernet in it and switches to Wifi. Turning the console off while still in game then turning it back on and trying to close out of the game. Or in the middle of a load screen. It usually tends to freeze my console all together

This does need to be fixed