Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game problems and suggestions

Ir0nM0us3

4 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

I believe you're looking at this the wrong way. For you it may ruin the experience, for others it may add to it, so defining these things as "problems" isn't right.

What you're suggesting, let's face it will never happen and it probably shouldn't. Ignoring that a lot of your ideas only lead towards homogenization, adding an "extreme gravity" mode or modifier to some missions is a lot more conceivable option, which if received favorably could expand outside of it's mode/modifier.
Ultimately you see both bullet jump and beam weapons as issues for an obvious reason, you haven't done much outside of the star chart. But put yourself in lv120+ survival and bullet jump becomes mandatory and beam weapons hardly effective.
As for the Supra Vandal, that's a good rifle, but a rifle non the less and those, along with bows are at the lower spectrum of efficiency in a horde shooter. They are a nice flavor, however.

Ok, I have nothing against Ignis or Amprex in itself, matter of fact I am using those the most at the moment. What I have problem with is - they are the only ones that get the job done, thus removing the replay value of the game and some mix in the replay experience all together. No diversity. Like you said "that's a good rifle, but a rifle non the less" and that's the problem. So they make so many weapons, and only a tiny fraction is viable? You don't see that as a problem?

Bullet jump. I enjoy bullet jumping around the level, but I strongly dislike the fact that it lets you (and people use and abuse this wholeheartedly) skip over 90% of the level. Why even bother making stairways, corridors, doors, anything really? Just one huge square room with lots of obstacles to jump over does the trick in that case. I want to experience the levels, but instead I'm skipping all of it because if I don't, I'm just cleaning up after my teammates who are already waiting at the mission exit.

You know OP, it would be easy to discuss things if you didn't double down and try to retaliate against people who disagree with you. Your thread turned from you giving feedback, in the wrong section of the forum I will add, to you just being a generic "my way or ur wrong and I'm ignoring u, lolol" poster. All this thread is going to do is get locked, and it's everyone that got involved with the insults who will be at fault, including you OP.

Might want to consider an attitude check in the future if you decide to open a discussion where you actually wish to discuss things 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ir0nM0us3 said:

Ok, I have nothing against Ignis or Amprex in itself, matter of fact I am using those the most at the moment. What I have problem with is - they are the only ones that get the job done, thus removing the replay value of the game and some mix in the replay experience all together. No diversity. Like you said "that's a good rifle, but a rifle non the less" and that's the problem. So they make so many weapons, and only a tiny fraction is viable? You don't see that as a problem?

Have you met our lord and savior Catchmoon+Haymaker+Splat? Build this, add a riven for this, and it will delete a lot of things. Heck I've not used a primary weapon since I built it in favour of this. Ignis Wraith, and Amprex can go eat themselves lol. Meta only goes as far as being efficient when you're grinding for that white elephant. If I was in desperate need of focus and arcanes, which one makes more sense for me to do, a 5x3 cap or a 1x3 cap? Same with every other level. It's part of what I enjoy. 

1 minute ago, Ir0nM0us3 said:

Bullet jump. I enjoy bullet jumping around the level, but I strongly dislike the fact that it lets you (and people use and abuse this wholeheartedly) skip over 90% of the level. Why even bother making stairways, corridors, doors, anything really? Just one huge square room with lots of obstacles to jump over does the trick in that case. I want to experience the levels, but instead I'm skipping all of it because if I don't, I'm just cleaning up after my teammates who are already waiting at the mission exit.

I like being as efficient as I possibly can. You like experiencing levels. Rather than propose a solution that you will love, and I will hate, why not play solo or with people who agree with you and don't want to bulletjump everywhere? 

The problem is when your solution affects the total gameplay that other people enjoy with no room for compromise. Remove bulletjumping? I'll use Volt to dash through the corridor, notwithstanding Naramon's Void Dash buff. Bulletjumping was added to prevent people from coptering around. Why copter you might ask? Because back then when we had no bulletjumping, movement was so slow people resorted to this method to the point where even the Devs took notice and fixed it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

You know OP, it would be easy to discuss things if you didn't double down and try to retaliate against people who disagree with you. Your thread turned from you giving feedback, in the wrong section of the forum I will add, to you just being a generic "my way or ur wrong and I'm ignoring u, lolol" poster. All this thread is going to do is get locked, and it's everyone that got involved with the insults who will be at fault, including you OP.

Might want to consider an attitude check in the future if you decide to open a discussion where you actually wish to discuss things 

Well, I partially agree with you. We are all subjective in our views but I tend to see those "other people", in fact no more than 3 rude, aggressive users, as the ones who hold the views of "my way or ur wrong and I'm ignoring u, lolol", just substitute the ignore part with "I'm insulting you and laughing at your comments". Now, I might have simply ignored them, which I am doing right now, but perhaps I would have done better without dignifying their poisonous comments with replies. I guess I'm overly emotional sometimes, doing my best to put that under check, and I apologize if I have contributed to the atmosphere. I just wanted to post feedback and look for solutions, is all.

I have already asked the moderator to move the topic to Feedback section of the forums. It was an unintentional mistake.

What do you think about the mentioned issues? Do you see them as such, and what would you change?

4 hours ago, Ir0nM0us3 said:

Problem number one: There is no real point in playing the game once you get familiar with it. You farm more frames and weapons in order to level them up, in order to raise your mastery rank, in order to unlock and buy more frames and weapons and level those up too, and raise your mastery rank even further, so you can run longer survivals/defense missions so that you have higher chances of beating the RNG and get the parts you need so you can unlock new frames and weapons to level them up and raise your mastery rank further and run the same content all over again, which was already easy in the first place. That is all.

Hence the pointlessness of Mastery Ranks. Truly understanding, i.e., becoming familiar with them, Mastery Ranks in this game means that you will stop grinding them at the spot you feel comfortable at, and instead focus on builds that make the game fun for you.

Problem number two: This game devalues itself. Bullet jump has to go. Or at least nerfed HARD, so that it only offers movement slightly, only barely noticeably more effective than sprint. Yes, it is fun to an extent, but if it means you get to skip 90% of the content the map offers, it stops being fun. I don't pay attention to enemies, I simply jump over them. I start killing once I get to my objective. I don't pay attention to little details and the hard work that went into each map, I simply skip everything. I only memorize the layout of the corridors so that I can skip everything even faster, and remember that the textures were either green, brownish, or grey. Maps feel small and meaningless. They feel short and superficial. Enemies pose no threat and require no team work to be taken down. We just melt everything.

This is no fun at all. It's like typing in a cheat code into the game you once liked, only to realize it's no fun anymore once there is no challenge left and you have everything unlocked and available to you. It's like knowing the end of a thriller movie, and not having the enthusiasm to watch it. It's like flying mounts and portals in WoW.

Bullet jumping can be used to reduce incoming damage. But apart from that, your argument is self-defeating itself, because you can always stop to enjoy the level and/or pay attention to the details. This comes back to point 1--you can play frames, builds that reduce your mobility. 

Problem number three: Amprex and Ignis Wraith. I love Supra Vandal and Vaykor Hek, but I am at such huge disadvantage when using those compared to people using Amprex and Ignis (and most use these). I actually have to aim, take enemies out more or less individually and way slower, and run out of ammo. But why aim, when you can simply point your gun in a general direction, hold your fire button down and disintegrate everything without ever thinking about your ammo reserves. Again, cheat mode on, not fun.

People using Ignis and Amprex out damage you?... Yeah... which missions, and at what level are you most frequently playing? Amprex and Ignis are good because of their statuses, but being out damaged by them means that you're not geared up well. Also, bear in mind that if somebody is going for 8 forma Amprex/Ignis, you will need some formas and some decent mods to catch up to them. That is especially true for levels around 50-100. 

In general I am of the opinion that the game does need an overhaul for the later levels. The early game is quite good for beginners, but things start to fall apart a bit later on. I think you're focusing on the wrong things. Maybe you should play the game some more?

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

The problem is when your solution affects the total gameplay that other people enjoy with no room for compromise. Remove bulletjumping? I'll use Volt to dash through the corridor, notwithstanding Naramon's Void Dash buff. Bulletjumping was added to prevent people from coptering around. Why copter you might ask? Because back then when we had no bulletjumping, movement was so slow people resorted to this method to the point where even the Devs took notice and fixed it. 

Roger that. Would you mind if the levels were larger, so that one cannot actually skip the content of the mission as easily?

What I can't seem to understand is, why anyone would willingly install a video game he/she claims to like, only to want to pass it as soon as possible? Isn't that contradictory? Efficient. This assumes that you enjoy running the exact same content/levels over and over and over again in hopes you get the items/reputation/xp you wanted, correct? If so, then this is our main point of disagreement. I would much prefer a challenging content which I couldn't complete many times in a short period of time, but rather once/twice a month but would take me 20 days of active playing to complete. I'd feel way better about the game then.

18 minutes ago, Ir0nM0us3 said:

It's not as tiny as you think. As I said earlier, there's a tool for a job and it just so happens that beam weapons are best for star chart content, which may be what you've seen the most, having said that you've joined not so long ago. Melees are arguably more op than any ranged weapon, shotguns are hand down better than beams after LV 60 and by lv 100, sure, an Ignis will hit several targets, but take more time than a Tiberon P to kill them all and snipers may be niche, but are unrivaled at bosses/open worlds.

18 minutes ago, Ir0nM0us3 said:

I agree, earlier in the game I too liked to look all over the place, explore every nook and cranny and I did, sometimes solo, sometimes with people waiting for me at extraction. I even did every mission up to Ceres solo and stealth, but ultimately this is a grinding game and when we reach the "big grind" we need the bullet jump.

Just ask anyone, would they be farming Lith O2 if we didn't have bullet jump/void dash/volt speed. 

Edited by Ver1dian

2 minutes ago, Ir0nM0us3 said:

Roger that. Would you mind if the levels were larger, so that one cannot actually skip the content of the mission as easily?

This is why I'm excited about the Gas City rework. Primarily because I get to parkour/bullet jump around and the levels are designed entirely for that. 

Mission content is debatable. I'm more interested in the rewards as the decider. If I can make it go faster, then yes, at the moment that is my best interest. 

4 minutes ago, Ir0nM0us3 said:

What I can't seem to understand is, why anyone would willingly install a video game he/she claims to like, only to want to pass it as soon as possible? Isn't that contradictory?

Not really. I enjoy looter shooters and horde mechanic games. Warframe is that, but the cherry on top is the amazing movement systems that lets me feel like an overpowered being.

2 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Bullet jumping can be used to reduce incoming damage. But apart from that, your argument is self-defeating itself, because you can always stop to enjoy the level and/or pay attention to the details. This comes back to point 1--you can play frames, builds that reduce your mobility. 

People using Ignis and Amprex out damage you?... Yeah... which missions, and at what level are you most frequently playing? Amprex and Ignis are good because of their statuses, but being out damaged by them means that you're not geared up well. Also, bear in mind that if somebody is going for 8 forma Amprex/Ignis, you will need some formas and some decent mods to catch up to them. That is especially true for levels around 50-100. 

In general I am of the opinion that the game does need an overhaul for the later levels. The early game is quite good for beginners, but things start to fall apart a bit later on. I think you're focusing on the wrong things. Maybe you should play the game some more?

I can stop and enjoy, but then I am not actively participating in playing the mission. Others won't stop and enjoy anything. And I myself don't want to stop and stare at walls obviously, I want to play the game.

People using Amprex and Ignis Wraith outdamage me on Sorties, regular missions like Fissures, as well as Arbitrations. I believe the problem is while I must focus on killing single enemies, they are killing dozens simultaneously. Like I said I'm fairly new, few months in, maybe I'm missing something on this?

And yes, I am referring to "end game" content, not the star chart.

The thing I keep seeing being brought up here is that people are 'skipping' content by speeding through levels.  I don't agree.  The set dressing isn't the content of the game, it's the context of the level (are we on a Corpus ship, an Infested Hive, a Grineer outpost etc), that provides the look of the environment.

So why are there stairs and ramps etc if Tenno just bullet jump past them?  Well, and this might be shocking, these spaces were not designed for Tenno they were designed for the inhabitants of the area, Grineer, Corpus, Infested.  The folks don't bullet jump and don't have the speed and agility of a Tenno, so they need stairs and ramps.

The content of the level is the mission objective and the enemy.  That could be eliminate or capture or defend.  And yes most people want to blast through missions as quickly as possible, that's because that is what the game rewards, there is no mechanic for gaining affinity that isn't based on doing missions so people on their 4th Forma of a Kitgun or Zaw want to charge through and get that affinity asap.

If anyone wants to play the game more slowly and sightsee then there are solo modes for that and you can recruit a custom team of people who want to go slowly through the level and inspect everything.  When I'm farming Argon in the Void I often drop into solo and go through a capture mission, taking my time to explore and open all the lockers etc.  Sometimes that is fun for me, but it's not going to be fun for a public group of randoms hence I choose to do it either solo or with a friend of mine who also wants to farm for Argon.

5 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

This is why I'm excited about the Gas City rework. Primarily because I get to parkour/bullet jump around and the levels are designed entirely for that.

Will have to wait for the Gas City then. Maybe that will do the trick for me, I don't know. Thank you for actually replying in a civilized manner and talk things through, even if you disagree. I respect that.

I agree that Warframe needs some important fixes - I haven't played or logged in for some time as it's no longer fun to play for me.

To say that I dislike the nightwave grindy system is a great understatement - the quick alert system that was successful for 6 was way better - even though there wasn't any real challenge doing it difficulty wise. The same can be said with the rest of the gameplay - the only real challenge is the game crashing numerous of times again and again - but that's not by design - it's by sheer incompetence from the team because these issues have been here for many years and they are still happening on a daily basis.

I also think that what this game really needs are some great epic raids made absolutely perfectly with numerous of boss challenges and 2-3 difficulty modes. I used to run a full 1K members Guild that ran raids on a daily basis, so I know how awesome that can be, but it was in a different game.

DE have removed raids from Warframe because the team didn't have the skills to maintain them - if the raids return to Warframe they must be done perfectly otherwise they will not be successful. I am a little sceptical about this because I don't know how much experience they have with raids.

My main question/criticism is, why would DE need to change some of the core mechanics to include some of your suggestions? 

New modes which incorporate your ideas will likely get a much better response from players and devs alike.

I never truly understand why people come up with suggested changes, when they could be additions instead, thus adding new and diverse content.

If you want to run around and look into every corner of the map... syndicates. If you'd like to see more of that playstyle, there's absolutely no need to remove anything from the game, just suggest a new game mode instead.

Similarly, if you'd like to see more complicated spy missions, then why not suggest much larger and more intricate vault rooms.

As for 'team work'... there's eidolon's, orbiter/profit taker, and I think many are hoping, waiting and praying for raids to return.

I hope people will consider additions to the game, rather than changes....

Oh well, happy hunting tenno.

The moment I saw "Game Problems and Suggestions" as this threat title, I was like "okay, maybe they have some reasonable points"

The way you structued your arguments impressed me, as I have only encountred illiterate sloths complaining about the same thing you are. 

But bullet jumping...its what makes warframe warframe!

no

This tread is a non sense. You simply don't like warframe. You can not ask for such fundamental changes if you like the game. A lot of players love warframe as it is, those elements you want to change are exactly why they love warframe. And tens of thousand of them, not just few lost souls. 

And even if you don't like the sarcastic answers you had, they are right, you just want another game. 

7 hours ago, Facadedestroyer said:

because DE been doing that for years and look on the state of the game now thanks to that, they need to focus on what they have and spend assets and effort into that, instead of making another failures and putting them in the back burner for eternity with only half assed tweaks once every solar eclipse

Okay, fair call. Perhaps I didn't do a great job of explaining that particular comment. It was a follow-on of my previous sentence; "New modes which incorporate your ideas will likely get a much better response from players and devs alike ."

I'll admit some more bug fixes would be nice. I wouldn't personally say anything DE has released in the last 18months has been a failure (I used 18months as my timeframe as that's how long I've been back this time). There definitely could be some QoL improvements to make content more exciting and engaging. E.g. reduced reward rotations for arbys. Perhaps resource drops in so/eso.

My particular comment about "additional content, not changes", was in reference to things like "remove bulletjump and make stealth much more important". This could be achieved with some sort of new spy-like mission. Changing some of the core mechanics like that, is unlikely to have a positive outcome. However, a new harder spy gamemode might.

On 2019-05-08 at 12:34 AM, Ir0nM0us3 said:

Please, be gentle in your comments.

I don't disagree with you. Behold what's behind the curtain:

DE does not care if items, frames, or techniques break the game. Breaking the game is part of the game. The gambler's mindset - that same which keeps people addicted- is that they believe they have figured out some secret trick to winning the game. But there is no beating the house, the house always wins. You are still playing, and therefore you are either contributing money or contributing figures to entice others to contribute money.

DE does not care if you breeze past their years-old content. They do not care to revamp it when they can create new right over top of it.