Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Feran (with art!)

Ced23Ric

mXkA8ID.png

"Like time itself, we soon found that the forces we unleash ground us down, corroding our defences. It was only fitting that you grew under my tutelage. In our hubris, we thought you would be the inversion, the response to what made us frail and fragile. You became strong, and it will be our downfall that we did not learn from our misjudgments of times past. I had so much hope when I made you, but like a drop of acid that never ceased burning, you eroded us from within. Oh, how wrong we were to put our trust in you. I will call you... Feran."
━━ ʙᴀʟʟᴀs

━━━━━━━━ 𝔉𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔫 ━━ 
   ᵗʰᵉ ᵉˡᵈʳᶤᵗᶜʰ ʰᵒʳʳᵒʳ ⌏ 

Ever swirling and eroding the world around her, Feran lashes out against all that stand against her, guides the corroding essence of the Infestation to her enemies, with vicious ferocity and terrifying mutation. Feran wrapped them all around her fingers in Update ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ᴄᴏʀʀᴜᴘᴛᴇᴅ

STATS

Mastery Rank: 0
Health: 135 (405 at rank 30)
Shields: 0
Armor: 280 (420 at rank 30)
Energy: 140 (210 at rank 30
Sprint Speed: 1.05
Special: +Health Regen, +Power Range (15% at rank 30)

ABILITIES

[ 1 ] Battering Lash - 25🌌 
Feran sends out a tentacle and grabs an enemy in front of her. Pulling them in, she uses her prey as a bludgeoning weight, dealing damage with each ([rank] times) impact. Other enemies hit by the flailing victim are knocked down.

Affected by: Range, Power Strength

[ 2 ] Rending Swipe - 50🌌 
Five tentacles burst forth and swipe enemies around Feran, striping away some of their armor while dealing slashing damage. The closer enemies are, the more damage they take. For each hit, Feran's own armor rises, decaying again after a short time. Feran can consume this bonus armor to heal herself.

Affected by: Duration, Range, Power Strength 

[ 3 ] Abrupt Corrosion - 75🌌 
Blowing out a cloud of corroding gas, Feran strips armor (fixed value) from all those around her.. Targets caught in the blast are temporarily more susceptible to damage (fixed 2x modifier), and are blinded for a short period of time. The effect is strongest at the epicenter and tapers off towards the end. 

Affected by: Duration, Range

[ 4 ] Emergence - 25🌌 
The full mutation of Feran manifests, with wild tentacles breaking out in every direction. Each lashing tendril seeks an enemy in range and pulls them in close, swirling them about in a chaotic choreography of twisted terror. Enemies within sight of the display are temporarily feared, while enemies caught by the grasping arms are bashed about, suffering damage while being unable to use their weapons or abilities. This is a channeled ability, with reduced speed during channeling. 

Affected by: Duration, Range, Power Strength

TRIVIA

Etmyology:
Feran is named after "Furan", a heterocyclic organic compound, consisting of a five-membered aromatic ring with four carbon atoms and one oxygen. Furan is a colorless, flammable, highly volatile liquid with a boiling point close to room temperature. It is soluble in common organic solvents, including alcohol, ether, and acetone, and is slightly soluble in water. It is toxic and may be carcinogenic in humans. Chemical compounds containing such rings are also referred to as furans. The first furan derivative to be described was 2-furoic acid, by Carl Wilhelm Scheele in 1780.

Art:
The art was created by Rush, a friendly artist that works on single-item commissions, cardgames and other media. Based on references and brainstorming with me, this is what he came up with for Feran. Inspirations were taken from Saryn and Nidus, Crysis, and the Zerg/Tyranids of their respective games.

3 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

So I don't like to be harsh but basically it's a combo of Hydroid, Saryn and Nidus. I'm not saying it's a bad combo but people will whining about repeatability and lack of innovation

Apfsh, no skin off my back. I had this laying around for a while now, and didn't even intend to post it originally. At this point, I am mostly showing off the art. I doubt that frame will ever be made, or that she'll have any huge amount of people approving. It's a blend of a caster and a combat frame, a hybrid of hybrids. Those usually don't fare too well.

Edited by Ced23Ric

it does sound like an interesting warframe, plus the art is freaking brilliant. yes warframe has done tentacles before. yes i want more tentacles. yes i want more infected. yes i want to hold enemies like riot shields. yes this is the perfect thing for me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I saw the art and...

it is another tentacle monster...and not to insult the artist but had the artist been spending too much with the tentacle monster?  I mean...I don't want Steve the dev getting his head into the great gutter hole there and head pin into the glory hole.