[DE]Rebecca

Estimated Release: The Jovian Concord

Update next week is cool with me.

Probably better to not have a holiday in between too.

• Like 2

Just now, BETAOPTICS said:

Oh well that actually has to do with a development technique they used to develop the game where it takes a heavy toll on the servers to run the script for distribution. The reason it takes them so long is they purposely wait because deployment part of their infrastructure is heavy.

There were so many easier ways to fix it that could have happened before everyone ended up a week behind though. I know they wanted to fix the core problem but they could have done that and made it able to be completed. And some better communication on it would have been very nice to see.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Yeah, it happens a lot. I never saw anything about it being last week though. And they never said "We are definitely releasing this week." or anything like that. The most definitive was "should release this week". That was the plan but they didn't have the time. I like it better than other games like Destiny 2 where it takes them 3 weeks to fix a known progression bug and we don't hear anything about it for two weeks

Learn to read man. I said they stated last week that they'd release this week, they said it in the live stream where they talked about the Jovian concord, Wisp, Gas planet and showed the new Eidolon from afar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, H8RAID said:

Thank you for the update and continuous transparency ESPECIALLY in the face of delivering unpopular information.  

Would be nice if said transparency was given on time and not last minute, but i imagine the transparency was also delayed.

Edited by Ephemiel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

There were so many easier ways to fix it that could have happened before everyone ended up a week behind though. I know they wanted to fix the core problem but they could have done that and made it able to be completed. And some better communication on it would have been very nice to see.

Well the problem with Destiny is in the back end code and infrastructure. Changing that is costly and time consuming. Bad news for Bungie it meant those periods of dead silence and building up releases over time. Frequent releases would not have been realistic because it clogs up the servers and every patch costs money to deploy. With a heavy system like theirs even more so. Since stake holders do not want to give off industry detail to avoid responsibility in their role and stake in that result, Bungie could not openly speak about the problems they had in Destiny.

30 minutes ago, Aphelion_Sole said:

Um, they constantly upgrade their engine code, you should keep more updated.
It has nothing to do with code.

Image result for whatever memes

Rendering engine, mostly.

As in, not as catastrophic if they f*** it up.

On 2019-05-08 at 3:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For players who have not completed Chimera... it will be required for a certain Boss Fight

"A certain Boss Fight..."

The Ropalolyst is an Eidolon.

Alad V is a Corpus.

Wolf of Saturn Six is a random dude who pops in and yells RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE while slapping you with a giant hammer.

A certain boss fight however...

now I'm expecting a new secret boss aside from the Ropalolyst fight.

1 minute ago, Equinox48 said:

Alad V is a Corpus.

Wolf of Saturn Six is a random dude who pops in and yells RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE while slapping you with a giant hammer.

That would be very sneaky of them. I still think its just the Ropalolyst and the fight happens to involve post-Chimera info in the dialogue or something. It is exciting either way though because it is technically story progression.

fine, at least we are informed that it has a big chance to be shiped next tuesday. 

have a nice weekend

hace 5 minutos, Equinox48 dijo:

Alad V is a Corpus.

I wouldnt expect anything. It's the only way to be surprised. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jangong said:

fine, at least we are informed that it has a big chance to be shiped next tuesday. 

have a nice weekend

Tuesday they will info again, not necessarily when the update is released.

31 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

I hate so damn much when people like you put words in my mouth just to seem smarter.

I never said AT ALL that Warframe is one of the buggiest games out there, i said it has bugs, big bugs, that DE has never bothered to acknowledge, let alone fix.

Timestamp 33:27 to 34:10,  and Rebecca: " It is coming in May. " - Rebecca and Steve: "It is coming in this month. " - a response to a player asking when the Gas City rework will come (Jovian Concord, Source:

). In the first post of this thread made by Rebecca stated the following: " Warframe: The Jovian Concord should arrive next week on PC. " - DERebecca, May 8th.

They made it clear they are aiming this week, not that it will release this week. That is a common conjunction that some people make because people treat it as a synonym for exact release, but there is a difference. Humane error.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Timestamp 33:27 to 34:10,  and Rebecca: " It is coming in May. " - Rebecca and Steve: "It is coming in this month. " - a response to a player asking when the Gas City rework will come (Jovian Concord, Source:

). In the first post of this thread made by Rebecca stated the following: " Warframe: The Jovian Concord should arrive next week on PC. " - DERebecca, May 8th.

They made it clear they are aiming this week, not that it will release this week. That is a common conjunction that some people make because people treat it as a synonym for exact release, but there is a difference. Humane error.

Are you REALLY going to let this slip because they used the word "should" and not "will"? Come on man, i'm sure you can't be this naive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Equinox48 said:

Alad V is a Corpus.

You expect WAY too much from DE.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Are you REALLY going to let this slip because they used the word "should" and not "will"? Come on man, i'm sure you can't be this naive.

Should isn't will so yes. " I should have eaten a banana yesterday. " - does not translate to: " I ate a banana yesterday. ", " I should be able to make it in time. " - does not mean: " I will make it in time. " The word 'Should' indicates what is probable, the word 'Will' indicates what is absolute.

Edited by BETAOPTICS
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

Tbh I was expecting the update not to be released this week. 

Thank you DE for letting use know. 

Posted (edited)

Yes you might hear some groans and "aw"s but that's just from the anticipation 🙂

Thanks for the heads-up, take care of yourselves, and polish as long as you think you have to 😉

(and try not to sleep under the desks in the office ^^)

Edited by Aldrr
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Looking forward to the Jovian Concord. 🙂

57 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Would be nice if said transparency was given on time and not last minute, but i imagine the transparency was also delayed.

Dude, chill out. They don't know when they'll have a release build until they almost have it. They never promised anything. Besides, wouldn't you rather they delay it by a couple days to make it more stable, instead of releasing a massive bug/crashfest right before a 3 day weekend? This whole time they've been saying they *hope* it'll be this week, they *think* they can have it ready. Afaik they never gave a concrete release date.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 2

58 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

Better delayed then having to crunch to rush it out imo, hope you guys have a great weekend!

There's a real possibility of both happening. They said this week, even though they probably knew it was unrealistic from the start with the amount of work still needed. I'm worried staff was working overtime to meet this release date that always was unfeasible. Would've much better to just say "we hope to release within the next couple of weeks" or something, give themselves a bit more leeway, while still having a deadline of sorts. 😞 I think it's also maybe better to set a release date too far in the future, and then see if u can't release it earlier. Prob has a more positive impact on people as well, compared to setting an optimistic date and then having to delay.

its better to have this update DElayed than have rushed riddled with bugs and such. Paitence is virtue tenno!

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1

3 minutes ago, TheGamingSKITZ said:

its better to have this update DElayed than have rushed riddled with bugs and such. Paitence is virtue tenno!

bugs are coming anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

bugs are coming anyway.

But it's still better for them to release it next week when they'll actually have the time to fix them instantly

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1