[DE]Rebecca

Estimated Release: The Jovian Concord

Nyx fashion incoming. My platinum is ready!

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

After all these delays and time spent fixing up ALLLL THE LITTLE THINGS that are somehow delaying this, you would expect the update to come out bug-free. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mk.1 said:

After all these delays and time spent fixing up ALLLL THE LITTLE THINGS that are somehow delaying this, you would expect the update to come out bug-free. 

Nah, that's what's taking so long: They're adding new and interesting bugs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I'm aware. But don't tell people you'll, "bring everything to the finish line," if that's the case.

Also, a simple, "May 21st Update:
We're hard at work and expect the update to come [tonight/tomorrow]."
is really all that's needed to quell these types of topics.

Bringing things to the "finish line" is not the same thing as crossing it. Nor is it the same thing as giving an official release date/time - something DE has learned to NEVER EVER do. EVER. Any and all updates will be released when they are released on a rough schedule that is always subject to change. No one said the update was ready Friday and going to be shipped out at any point Tuesday - let alone first thing in the morning. In fact, I see more than one official posting that says they like to shoot for a Wednesday release, if possible, on a week when they might release. But again, DE never said the update was 1) ready, and 2) coming at any specific time. Could be tomorrow, could be Thursday, could be even later. But someone else's assumptions and impatience are, in no way, DE's fault or problem.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 4

Don't hurry! Do your best for this update! And above all DEbug! Ok,ok I will stop...Dont hate me

1 minute ago, SirinCorium said:

Bringing things to the "finish line" is not the same thing as crossing it. Nor is it the same thing as giving an official release date/time - something DE has learned to NEVER EVER do. EVER. Any and all updates will be released when they are released on a rough schedule that is always subject to change. No one said the update was ready Friday and going to be shipped out at any point Tuesday - let alone first thing in the morning. In fact, I see more than one official posting that says they like to shoot for a Wednesday release, if possible, on a week when they might release. But again, DE never said the update was 1) ready, and 2) coming at any specific time. Could be tomorrow, could be Thursday, could be even later. But someone else's assumptions and impatience are, in no way, DE's fault or problem.

Hey.

Chill.

I'm aware. I've been here for years. But the wording is the problem. Bringing things to the finish line means you're preparing to cross it not spend an entire extra work day not communicating the status of the update only to give another, "eh, maybe tomorrow or Thursday," response. They'll ship when they're ready but they need to watch how they word things because it's unacceptable to keep changing the projected date like this and until you start holding them accountable they'll keep doing it.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 9
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-05-08 at 2:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  Reveal hidden contents

gone.png

MAY 21 UPDATE:

Happy Tuesday! We are on track for release this week. We traditionally release Wednesdays or Thursdays - so you can expect Red Text to appear one of those days.... we're very excited, Tenno. The Anticipation!

Traditional is fine, but to play devil's advocate ~ You shouldn't have built up hype for a maybe last week release when you clearly were not ready, then keep your audience waiting over an extended weekend to this news. It's not anticipation, it's annoyance that much of the community is feeling.

I say this as I'm losing Clan members to Elder Scrolls Online and others just due to endgame lack of content and frustration.

Edited by Kino8
  • Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 17

32 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Hey.

Chill.

I'm aware. I've been here for years. But the wording is the problem. Bringing things to the finish line means you're preparing to cross it not spend an entire extra work day not communicating the status of the update only to give another, "eh, maybe tomorrow or Thursday," response. They'll ship when they're ready but they need to watch how they word things because it's unacceptable to keep changing the projected date like this and until you start holding them accountable they'll keep doing it.

What he said.

They made it sound like we'd get the update as soon as the week started(not counting monday since it was their holiday). 

1 minute ago, Kino8 said:

Traditional is fine, but to play devil's advocate ~ You shouldn't have built up hype for a maybe last week release when you clearly were not ready, then keep your audience waiting over an extended weekend to this news. It's not anticipation, it's annoyance that much of the community is feeling.

Fully agreed.

Especially considering the game hasn't recieved a proper update since december. We are finally getting a mainline update and it keeps getting delayed and only now we get a rough estimate(which is not acceptable at this stage). 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

My God, I have been waiting here for 6 hours and still have not updated. Maybe you should say that there is no update today so I can go to sleep.:sad:( 1 am until now)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hjixz said:

My God, I have been waiting here for 6 hours and still have not updated. Maybe you should say that there is no update today so I can go to sleep.:sad:( 1 am until now)

you may want to check the first post again

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Logging off and playing something else would be a good idea. There's a whole universe of games out there to play, not to mention books to read, television to watch, movies to see, and paths to travel.

And snacks to nom. 

Dont 

Forget 

The snacks. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 2019-05-08 at 12:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

MAY 21 UPDATE:

Happy Tuesday! We are on track for release this week. We traditionally release Wednesdays or Thursdays - so you can expect Red Text to appear one of those days.... we're very excited, Tenno. The Anticipation!

This kind of jovial tone and making light of the expectations you've placed in players is a bit rude? I understand that the idea here is to present a cheerful face in light of missing the mark to keep people's confidence high and break the ice, but what you're doing instead is coming across as making fun of us maliciously. This doesn't sound like "let's be happy, things are still on track" it sounds like "lol you thought it was coming today, what a bunch of buffoons". Whether or not people were justified in doing so, a not insignificant amount of people who are following this update's progress took the previous edit to mean that we would have the update. And anyone who doesn't see why they may have made that mistake are lying to themselves; phrases like "finish line" and "come out swinging" were used, alongside the context of concern not about the finality of the build but of the ability to hotfix problems that the players would encounter, giving the very strong implication that things would happen immediately.

The critical element in effective humor is timing and this was very much not the time. After hyping the release, inferring strongly about projected dates, and then missing those marks more than once, now is the time to turn off the jokes and be direct with us as a matter of respect and transparency. After all, that's what this thread is for: to be transparency. Being coy is very much the opposite of that (and as an aside I've been pretty annoyed with this recent behavior of pretending to be communicative and transparent while simultaneously obfuscating the heart of the matter, but this is not the time to get into that in detail).

Finally, ffs, this update is about Alad V, not Tyl Regor. If you're going to make a reference as a joke at least make it properly relevant.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 9
  • Upvote 4

We're right on track!!!!

*track DErails*

Aww...... 😞

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Sad Limbo. Today was my only day off work this week :<

Oh well. At least I managed to scrape together some spending plat today.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Kubrowe said:

This kind of jovial tone and making light of the expectations you've placed in players is a bit rude? I understand that the idea here is to present a cheerful face in light of missing the mark to keep people's confidence high and break the ice, but what you're doing instead is coming across as making fun of us maliciously. This doesn't sound like "let's be happy, things are still on track" it sounds like "lol you thought it was coming today, what a bunch of buffoons". Whether or not people were justified in doing so, a not insignificant amount of people who are following this update's progress took the previous edit to mean that we would have the update. And anyone who doesn't see why they may have made that mistake are lying to themselves; phrases like "finish line" and "come out swinging" were used, alongside the context of concern not about the finality of the build but of the ability to hotfix problems that the players would encounter, giving the very strong implication that things would happen immediately.

The critical element in effective humor is timing and this was very much not the time. After hyping the release, inferring strongly about projected dates, and then missing those marks more than once, now is the time to turn off the jokes and be direct with us as a matter of respect and transparency. After all, that's what this thread is for: to be transparency. Being coy is very much the opposite of that (and as an aside I've been pretty annoyed with this recent behavior of pretending to be communicative and transparent while simultaneously obfuscating the heart of the matter, but this is not the time to get into that in detail).

Finally, ffs, this update is about Alad V, not Tyl Regor. If you're going to make a reference as a joke at least make it properly relevant.

Nobody once said it would release today/Tuesday. That is all. You’re kind of the one that appears fairly rude (and impatient).

Edited by WingedCrusade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Anticipation!

Was there a hostile takeover at DE by Tyl Regor?? 

"I'm very excited now. The Anticipation, ooh, I always learn so much from a live mainline dissection. A live mainline dissection? No, no, no. That sounds too humane. The WAIT for this update....will be painful!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Anticipation!

Was there a hostile takeover at DE by Tyl Regor?? 

"I'm very excited now. The Anticipation, ooh, I always learn so much from a live mainline dissection. A live mainline dissection? No, no, no. That sounds too humane. The WAIT for this update....will be painful!"

Jeez what's with the delay DE we have been waiting since sunday, Atleast give us some info whats going on. Next time hype us up on the week when its going to release not a week after its release. I recommend telling us what day will you plan to drop it not tell us vaguely when "this week" "next week" be more specific on the release date please.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kubrowe said:

Brilliantly put regarding the obfuscation. Has definitely been a recent trend.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

i remember old days with the website hype a little story and teasing with arts or preview stuff behind timegate with release in time...

• Applause 4

1 hour ago, Kubrowe said:

in my opinion on point and the truth

• Haha 1
  • Applause 3