Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Estimated Release: The Jovian Concord

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Arthaniss said:

I hope it'll be tomorrow... Could be my birthday gift 🙄

Happy Birthday! 🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Yousho said:

Happy Birthday! 🎉

its actually my bday today lmao

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when can we expect the next update after this one, at this rate, late October? 

  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this rate I am [DE]sappointed. Will there be another mess up and the release be pushed back a week again? Did you give me the 75% discount to buy plat for Wisp only to not give me Wisp? Must I see Hildryn for one more week?

Whyyyyy where is Wisp...

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's almost 4:30 a.m here and I should go to bed by now, but I just have to let out some more salt here, so that I don't need to do it after I wake up (though I probably will, anyway):

 

And tomorrow, we will be sitting here again, smashing F5 like our lifes depend on it, only to get an update from DE 5 minutes before they go home "yeah, well, we have it ready, but releasing would mean I won't get home right on time, so you gotta wait another day lol".

And then it gets delayed another week for "bug fixing".

 

 

 

And then the game will crash the second you try to log in.

I'm calling it right now.

 

EDIT: Also, I'm awake. Didn't even get 4 hours of sleep thanks to that IT guy calling be because of my mom's TV, and 3 minutes later the delivery girl shows upw ith a new modem or something. I'm extra salty today, DE.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WingedCrusade said:

Nobody once said it would release today/Tuesday. That is all. You’re kind of the one that appears fairly rude (and impatient). 

I'm one of those people who didn't say it. In fact just last night I had a fairly lengthy discussion with my clanmates about when we suspected release might be, and our conclusion was that while there was a good likelihood of today (Tuesday) being the release day, the most likely day is tomorrow (Wednesday) and if not Wednesday then definitely Thursday. This tracks with what I wrote and with what the update in this thread today states. Hell, I'm willing to wait until the end of time for this update, honestly, and nowhere in my post did I demand a speedier production. I hope that the extra time taken leads to a smoother launch, honestly, since big updates like this are fairly notorious for their game-breaking side effects.

I've even addressed your point precisely in my first paragraph; you're right that no one said it would be released first thing this week, but the inference is very clear for the reasons I stated and it's understandable why many people may have made that assumption. What's further is that DE is very acutely aware of the fact that the words they chose would produce that reaction. That's marketing, pal. So this backlash should have also been expected, which cuts right to the very point I was making in the first place (and one that I'll separate so that it's super clear this time).

This is not the time for jokes it is time to be direct and transparent.

The May 21 update should have been something akin to "We understand a lot of people may have expected a release today and, honestly, we did too. However, we came across [insert vague problem here] and it has unfortunately delayed the process. But don't worry, Tenno! We're still on track to meet a release date this week and this works out for the best since our traditional update days are Wednesdays or Thursdays anyway."

I hope this clarifies my statement sufficiently to your liking. Oh, and also, I'll admit I was rude with my last line about the joke not being relevant. That was unprofessional of me and I'd like to apologize for it. I'd edit it out but I'll have it stand as a testament to my failings; we're all imperfect, after all, and I appreciate you pointing it out to me. We can't fix problems we're unable to identify, after all.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kino8 said:

Traditional is fine, but to play devil's advocate ~ You shouldn't have built up hype for a maybe last week release when you clearly were not ready, then keep your audience waiting over an extended weekend to this news. It's not anticipation, it's annoyance that much of the community is feeling.

I say this as I'm losing Clan members to Elder Scrolls Online and others just due to endgame lack of content and frustration.

Finally, someone said it! Thank you and this is not the first time it's happening. 
 

  • Like 1
  • Applause 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kino8 said:

Traditional is fine, but to play devil's advocate ~ You shouldn't have built up hype for a maybe last week release when you clearly were not ready, then keep your audience waiting over an extended weekend to this news. It's not anticipation, it's annoyance that much of the community is feeling.

I say this as I'm losing Clan members to Elder Scrolls Online and others just due to endgame lack of content and frustration.

I want Wisp as much as the next person, but to play... Uh... god's advocate? angel's advocate? Whatever, just to counter your point, hype is built up over time. Like with ESO, Elsweyr and Necromancer are being hyped up and this expansion isn't even released yet. Super Smash Ultimate built hype up for Joker months before he was released. Hype isn't something that just happens. Fighters hype themselves up the locker room, not the moment they're about to throw down. Yes, it should be released if it's ready, but only if there is a team ready to fix any bugs and glitches that slipped through the cracks. What good is releasing product when you can't monitor how it's been receipted? It will come when it comes. For now, follow your mates over to ESO for some raids or CP grinding. Heck, I've been doing some ESO myself, getting prepared for Necromancer, leveling up spirits on Smash Ultimate, going through rounds of Enter the Gungeon, and even revisiting Airmech (The game that actually introduced me to Warframe during the 2014 MMOBOMB Ultimate F2P Showdown). DE has said Warframe is a game you quit and come back to. Like many here, I take umbrage with that because Warframe shouldn't be a game I log into once or twice a month or once every few months, or a game that lacks content compared to other games, but I see why DE wants this game to be like that. It's a passion project. It was the little darling that could. And when you burn away the hours, you burn away that passion as well. And I'd rather DE keep that passion burning bright. I'd like it if DE would do major releases like Fortuna or Gas City Rework once every 1 to 2 months of course, but they might not have the man power to do so.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hawk197 said:

I want Wisp as much as the next person, but to play... Uh... god's advocate? angel's advocate? Whatever, just to counter your point, hype is built up over time. Like with ESO, Elsweyr and Necromancer are being hyped up and this expansion isn't even released yet. Super Smash Ultimate built hype up for Joker months before he was released. Hype isn't something that just happens. Fighters hype themselves up the locker room, not the moment they're about to throw down. Yes, it should be released if it's ready, but only if there is a team ready to fix any bugs and glitches that slipped through the cracks. What good is releasing product when you can't monitor how it's been receipted? It will come when it comes. For now, follow your mates over to ESO for some raids or CP grinding. Heck, I've been doing some ESO myself, getting prepared for Necromancer, leveling up spirits on Smash Ultimate, going through rounds of Enter the Gungeon, and even revisiting Airmech (The game that actually introduced me to Warframe during the 2014 MMOBOMB Ultimate F2P Showdown). DE has said Warframe is a game you quit and come back to. Like many here, I take umbrage with that because Warframe shouldn't be a game I log into once or twice a month or once every few months, or a game that lacks content compared to other games, but I see why DE wants this game to be like that. It's a passion project. It was the little darling that could. And when you burn away the hours, you burn away that passion as well. And I'd rather DE keep that passion burning bright. I'd like it if DE would do major releases like Fortuna or Gas City Rework once every 1 to 2 months of course, but they might not have the man power to do so.

1. In this game it has been built by YEARS.

2. My friend list disagree with you. 😅

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started playing TQ last week when they said they might release the update. I finished the Greek part, now I'm in Egypt and I really take my time with it. I almost finished it yesterday. By the time DE releases this update so I can play Warframe, I will finish Ragnarok. 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JinnyKim said:

I started playing TQ last week when they said they might release the update. I finished the Greek part, now I'm in Egypt and I really take my time with it. I almost finished it yesterday. By the time DE releases this update so I can play Warframe, I will finish Ragnarok. 🤗

TQ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many of the people complaining about the delay sound a bit ungrateful. DE never specified when the update was being released - and said last week that it might not release until this week. They ALSO did NOT say that it would be released yesterday (Tuesday), only that we would hear from them - which we did - to say that the update would come out on a normal update day (Wednesday or Thursday, as always.). Would you rather them rush and put out unfinished content? Not to mention that we're getting what any other game might consider DLC, for free. What is the issue here? No promises were made, we get regular updates, and aren't paying anything for it.

DE, take your time, I am very much looking forward to the new content!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 6 Minuten schrieb BloodyBadger:

Would you rather them rush and put out unfinished content?

It's going to be half-assed no matter how long they delay it. That's a fact.

  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yousho said:

TQ?

Titan Quest.

It's a great game imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is with the DE's ways of sharing their progression. They tell us what they are working on, share it with dev stream, prime time, twitter, and the forums, etc. They show us the incoming content. And they say it will be out, when ready, Soon.

And people reading that, have each their own notion of Soon.

 

Too much "show off" of the incoming content is only making people thinking it's already almost ready to be shipped, and making them impatient. It's not DE's fault for trying to advertise their work and the incoming content. They HAVE to do that to ensure people stay interested in the game and see the devs are working hard to improve our beloved time sink.

Now, the whole idea behind many details of warframe's gameplay is to learn to be patient. We have to learn that as well out of the gameplay.
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BloodyBadger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many of the people complaining about the delay sound a bit ungrateful. DE never specified when the update was being released - and said last week that it might not release until this week. They ALSO did NOT say that it would be released yesterday (Tuesday), only that we would hear from them - which we did - to say that the update would come out on a normal update day (Wednesday or Thursday, as always.). Would you rather them rush and put out unfinished content? Not to mention that we're getting what any other game might consider DLC, for free. What is the issue here? No promises were made, we get regular updates, and aren't paying anything for it.

DE, take your time, I am very much looking forward to the new content!

1. They are delaying this way too many times.

2. You probably aren't paying anything for it. On the other hand, lots of people do spend money in the game (I just bought 12 hours ago 4300 platinum just for this damn update). So the "bUt ItS fReE" motivation is just a huge bullS#&$.

3. Hurry up a bit, people are tired of these continuos DElays. Players are truly suffering the lack of new content right now.

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, r0gue0 said:

1. They are delaying this way too many times.

2. You probably aren't paying anything for it. On the other hand, lots of people do spend money in the game (I just bought 12 hours ago 4300 platinum just for this damn update). So the "bUt ItS fReE" motivation is just a huge bullS#&$.

3. Hurry up a bit, people are tired of these continuos DElays. Players are truly suffering the lack of new content right now.

they are trying man they are rushing to get it out some are staying overnight working on it

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, r0gue0 said:

1. They are delaying this way too many times.

2. You probably aren't paying anything for it. On the other hand, lots of people do spend money in the game (I just bought 12 hours ago 4300 platinum just for this damn update). So the "bUt ItS fReE" motivation is just a huge bullS#&$.

3. Hurry up a bit, people are tired of these continuos DElays. Players are truly suffering the lack of new content right now.

then play other games until the content is ready. I really don't get why players are having such a tantrum over this. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r0gue0 said:

1. They are delaying this way too many times.

2. You probably aren't paying anything for it. On the other hand, lots of people do spend money in the game (I just bought 12 hours ago 4300 platinum just for this damn update). So the "bUt ItS fReE" motivation is just a huge bullS#&$.

3. Hurry up a bit, people are tired of these continuos DElays. Players are truly suffering the lack of new content right now.

1. It would be a delay if they promised a release date and didn't deliver. That is not the case.

2. I have bought plat many times in the past, but nobody made you. You are paying money to get things the easy way, or to acquire cosmetic things you like. There's no shame in that, it's part of the game for a reason. I also see that purchase as a contribution to the game, because I want to support it. But again, you can progress in the game and enjoy the new content for free. You don't buy access to Jupiter.

3. See #1. The Thermia Fracture event, Plains remastered, and Nightwave are all large updates that have happened in the last two months. You expect DE to churn out a new frame, tileset, and story mission every other week? There is no lack of new content. That complaint makes no sense.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hex-Maniac said:

i remember old days with the website hype a little story and teasing with arts or preview stuff behind timegate with release in time...

Which summarizes the current state of the game very well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BloodyBadger said:

3. See #1. The Thermia Fracture event, Plains remastered, and Nightwave are all large updates that have happened in the last two months. You expect DE to churn out a new frame, tileset, and story mission every other week? There is no lack of new content. That complaint makes no sense.

Termina fracture event is one of the worse events ever made. And I am not the only one saying that. It's just too repetitive, really badly designed, boring, and gives bad rewards.

"Plains remastered" is basically just a visual update. Really few new things were added and were pretty much useless. (Except for the miniboss on the plains dropping rare resources, that drops quite userful loot).

Nightwave as said by the devs too, was too grindy and boring. In fact they are going to improve it in the next season.

Plus there is no real endgame right now, arbitration are basically just an endo farming place, nothing less, nothing more.

Lots of players share these thoughts. New content in the last months was just bad overall. I just hope that railjack will be something really really good that will keep people playing for quite a long time.

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 17 Minuten schrieb BloodyBadger:

It would be a delay if they promised a release date and didn't deliver. That is not the case

But the sentence "this week" is a time window - which they promised twice and didn't deliver.

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

But the sentence "this week" is a time window - which they promised twice and didn't deliver.

Did you read the post? Two weeks ago - "Estimated Release. ... The Jovian Concord should arrive next week on PC. We are working hard to hit this date and will let you know progress as the days go on..."

Last week: "We honestly are hoping to wrap it up and ship it this week, but we wanted to give you a status update.

Next week is our more realistic launch week. You'll hear from us Tuesday."

Yesterday: "We are on track for release this week. We traditionally release Wednesdays or Thursdays"

Not ONCE have they said "The Jovian Concord will be released on [Insert imaginary date here]"

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BloodyBadger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many of the people complaining about the delay sound a bit ungrateful. DE never specified when the update was being released - and said last week that it might not release until this week. They ALSO did NOT say that it would be released yesterday (Tuesday), only that we would hear from them - which we did - to say that the update would come out on a normal update day (Wednesday or Thursday, as always.). Would you rather them rush and put out unfinished content? Not to mention that we're getting what any other game might consider DLC, for free. What is the issue here? No promises were made, we get regular updates, and aren't paying anything for it.

DE, take your time, I am very much looking forward to the new content!

The problem is the vagueness.

They used to give exact dates(make a countdown-like website so people could follow up the update process) so people knew what to expect. Now they are deliberately being vague, but still keep on building the hype. It was implied that it was coming last week. Then they said "nope, but don't worry, we'll bring the update to the finish line on friday and you'll hear from us the next week."

That surely doesn't mean it would necessarily release yesterday, but it surely implies that it was a big possibility, given we were to expect that the update would be more or less finished on friday. 

14 minutes ago, BloodyBadger said:

 

3.See #1. The Thermia Fracture event, Plains remastered, and Nightwave are all large updates that have happened in the last two months. You expect DE to churn out a new frame, tileset, and story mission every other week? There is no lack of new content. That complaint makes no sense.

Thermia fracture event was already done in the past. It is basically a part of Fortuna that doesn't offer additional content aside from it's rewards.

Plain remaster didn't add any new content other than the bouncing machine which in itself isn't content.

Nightwave is a series tasks/achievements that are done by playing through the old content. Again, nothing new there. You either don't know what content is or your expectations for "new" content is extremely low.

The last content update we got was in december, which is fortuna part 2. We may even go further and say that the last content update was November, the actual fortuna update((part 2 added new features on what already existed).

 

So no, we aren't expecting DE to whip out new content every other week. But once every few months would be great. 

 

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...