Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Estimated Release: The Jovian Concord

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, r0gue0 said:

Termina fracture event is one of the worse events ever made. And I am not the only one saying that. It's just too repetitive, really badly designed, boring, and gives bad rewards.

"Plains remastered" is basically just a visual update. Really few new things were added and were pretty much useless. (Except for the miniboss on the plains dropping rare resources, that drops quite userful loot).

Nightwave as said by the devs too, was too grindy and boring. In fact they are going to improve it in the next season.

Plus there is no real endgame right now, arbitration are basically just an endo farming place, nothing less, nothing more.

Lots of players share these thoughts. New content in the last months was just bad overall. I just hope that railjack will be something really really good that will keep people playing for quite a long time.

Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man. 

I don't think the last months of content were bad. Even if you consider it bad content yourself, that does not mean you can argue that the entire Warframe community is "suffering from lack of content".

  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

The problem is the vagueness.

They used to give exact dates(make a countdown-like website so people could follow up the update process) so people knew what to expect. Now they are deliberately being vague, but still keep on building the hype. It was implied that it was coming last week. Then they said "nope, but don't worry, we'll bring the update to the finish line on friday and you'll hear from us the next week."

That surely doesn't mean it would necessarily release yesterday, but it surely implies that it was a big possibility, given we were to expect that the update would be more or less finished on friday. 

Thermia fracture event was already done in the past. It is basically a part of Fortuna that doesn't offer additional content aside from it's rewards.

Plain remaster didn't add any new content other than the bouncing machine which in itself isn't content.

Nightwave is a series tasks/achievements that are done by playing through the old content. Again, nothing new there. You either don't know what content is or your expectations for "new" content is extremely low.

The last content update we got was in december, which is fortuna part 2. We may even go further and say that the last content update was November, the actual fortuna update((part 2 added new features on what already existed).

 

So no, we aren't expecting DE to whip out new content every other week. But once every few months would be great. 

 

I can understand this. You're right, the vagueness is a bit disappointing. But that isn't what people are complaining about here. Not the vocal ones, anyway.

The fact is, that even if the updates aren't 100% new, it is content. The entire look of the plains was redone, new enemies and environments were added to Fortuna, and Nightwave was a complete redesign of an older system that included new enemies, characters, and lots of dialogue. What I'm getting at is - video games take a lot of effort to work on, and I feel that people should acknowledge that it takes time. And if the new stuff isn't the exact thing everyone wants, then that's the way it is. Their priority list differs from what the average player's might be, and I respect that.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, r0gue0 said:

Plus there is no real endgame right now, arbitration are basically just an endo farming place, nothing less, nothing more.

How does the reward determine whether or not it is 'endgame'?

Surely the difficulty level determines that?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Thermia fracture event was already done in the past. It is basically a part of Fortuna that doesn't offer additional content aside from it's rewards.

Plain remaster didn't add any new content other than the bouncing machine which in itself isn't content.

Nightwave is a series tasks/achievements that are done by playing through the old content. Again, nothing new there. You either don't know what content is or your expectations for "new" content is extremely low.

The last content update we got was in december, which is fortuna part 2. We may even go further and say that the last content update was November, the actual fortuna update((part 2 added new features on what already existed).

 

So no, we aren't expecting DE to whip out new content every other week. But once every few months would be great. 

 

Well said man. Just let those people that keep denying the problem speak. You have to acknowledge a problem exists before you can actually go about finding a solution.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Equinox Deluxe still planned for near future? Saw it in a devstream a short time ago and then there was some negativity about it by people, and then silence, no further news about her deluxe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xepthrichros said:

Equinox Deluxe still planned for near future? Saw it in a devstream a short time ago and then there was some negativity about it by people, and then silence, no further news about her deluxe.

Don't worry, the same shïtstörm happened with limbo deluxe skin. And then luckily they released it months later.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that is annoying the hell out of me is the "next week" twitter post.  Its already next week its the middle of it.  Give us a day of the week instead of saying next week. Because next week on your personal take can be Monday or any other day. 

Anyway content wise I am fine with it, I learned to play other games when warframe has its "drought" phase, and that is fine.  I sometimes don't have time/will/want to play warframe so for me this nightwave season 1 was just meh I barely got to 8 and that is my own responsibility, but ill be damned if I will let a game give me FOMO with its design choices. 

Season 2 of nightwave with its "catchup" mechanic looks like it will solve that problem and ill gladly grind that.

But all in all Warframe is growing well under the watchful guidance of this community, so I rarely feel the need to state my opinion. Keep up the good work dev's and community. 😄 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ecchi-Bunny said:

The only thing that is annoying the hell out of me is the "next week" twitter post.  Its already next week its the middle of it.  Give us a day of the week instead of saying next week. Because next week on your personal take can be Monday or any other day. 

Anyway content wise I am fine with it, I learned to play other games when warframe has its "drought" phase, and that is fine.  I sometimes don't have time/will/want to play warframe so for me this nightwave season 1 was just meh I barely got to 8 and that is my own responsibility, but ill be damned if I will let a game give me FOMO with its design choices. 

Season 2 of nightwave with its "catchup" mechanic looks like it will solve that problem and ill gladly grind that.

But all in all Warframe is growing well under the watchful guidance of this community, so I rarely feel the need to state my opinion. Keep up the good work dev's and community. 😄 

Giving specific deadlines (in this case a specific day) is a big no no from DE's part, that never ends well

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 минуту назад, r0gue0 сказал:

Termina fracture event is one of the worse events ever made. And I am not the only one saying that. It's just too repetitive, really badly designed, boring, and gives bad rewards.

"Plains remastered" is basically just a visual update. Really few new things were added and were pretty much useless. (Except for the miniboss on the plains dropping rare resources, that drops quite userful loot).

Nightwave as said by the devs too, was too grindy and boring. In fact they are going to improve it in the next season.

Plus there is no real endgame right now, arbitration are basically just an endo farming place, nothing less, nothing more.

Lots of players share these thoughts. New content in the last months was just bad overall. I just hope that railjack will be something really really good that will keep people playing for quite a long time.

I agree with all words about "Fracture" event, it was only good maybe only after they let players use more than 1 canister at the time, before it was absolutely not okay, and i honestly do not understand people who keeps defending it until now.

Plains remaster is not bad, it is okay, good thing they added mobs with resourses, so i think we should just like accept it, something like that. More of the problem that until remaster and as i afraid after it they will just forget about plains.

About Nightwave i dunno maybe it was grindy maybe it was not, maybe something like this should require a lot of time investment, maybe not, i really dunno, because it is battlepass system and i have never seen one implemented in a good way, so i think we should just wait untill wave 2.0 and see in comparison.

About endgame i honestly think, that in like present state of warframe you cannot make something called  "endgame", DE tried with like ESO or Arbi, but they were "not good" as a game mode and like the problem with ESO it forces you to play AOE based frames like Volt, Saryn, Mesa, Equinox etc. So yeah i really dunno about any possibility about implementing "engame" content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BloodyBadger said:

You're right, the vagueness is a bit disappointing. But that isn't what people are complaining about here.

Except pretty much every single complaint in this thread for the last few pages was "Just be clear with us, DE". Read what people actually say before condemning them.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redspace0095 said:

then play other games until the content is ready. I really don't get why players are having such a tantrum over this. 

Simple. Because its the only game they would play. Plus the excitement is boiling over to impatience

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please release the update today, otherwise forum will explode from idle hands.  hands that are not playing...... are hands that are..... writing?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

No there was an event after that called the Tubemen of Regor and lorewise he survived the infestation. Later in the Second Dream he offers assistance to the Tenno in exchange of a favor and in operation Shadow Debt he claimed his favor from the Tenno. Those go Chronologically.

Taken from wikia: " After being defeated a second time and purging his body of the Infestation, Alad V had served as an unlikely ally of the Lotus and the Tenno, even attracting the hatred of the Stalker and his allies in the process. " - Source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alad_V

You can read his whole chronology right up until the upcoming Jovian Concord which we will soon find more about.

Ok thanks, that one that I losted.
Now I get the history anyway.

Edited by MetalBerserker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ARE WE THERE YET?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Laogaeth said:

Giving specific deadlines (in this case a specific day) is a big no no from DE's part, that never ends well

Giving us a week isn't working out great either honestly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hype is gone. It comes when it comes. For a free game that kept me occupied two thousand hours, i can never complain about content. I want more because i love this game and cant have enough. But the reality is, DE needs time and we must give it to them. 

I'll check next week if the update arrived.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BloodyBadger said:

I can understand this. You're right, the vagueness is a bit disappointing. But that isn't what people are complaining about here. Not the vocal ones, anyway.

The fact is, that even if the updates aren't 100% new, it is content. The entire look of the plains was redone, new enemies and environments were added to Fortuna, and Nightwave was a complete redesign of an older system that included new enemies, characters, and lots of dialogue. What I'm getting at is - video games take a lot of effort to work on, and I feel that people should acknowledge that it takes time. And if the new stuff isn't the exact thing everyone wants, then that's the way it is. Their priority list differs from what the average player's might be, and I respect that.

I guess the key word here is "new" content. And it differs from person to person, especially the distinction is pretty obvious for veterans and new players. For vets like myself, new content is basically something I haven't done a million times over. Or an implementation so fresh that it gives me incentive to play the old content again.,

So I consider none of those as "new content." 

Plains looks better now, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it is almost a 2 year old content that I've done many times over. Wouldn't it actually make sense if they added new locations, or new quests, or new rewards/bounties along with the visual overhaul so that players would actually have an incentive to revisit the plains other than admire the scenery for 30 seconds and leave and never come back again ? 

Anyways, the new content thing is somewhat off topic. My point is, this is the only mainline update we've recieved in a very long time and the hype and anticipation is very understandable, as well as the frustration of not getting it. So cut us some slack please.

 

 

Edited by White_Matter
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's better to release the update earlier with small non-gameplay affecting bugs than delaying it more, if there's any serious bugs, the community will find them, and they'll get fixed more quickly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Interesting.

I've been here for 1.7K hours and the only bugs I've seen over the past 4 years are Profit Taker, the respawn system, clipping issues and in rare cases typos in a filepath resulting in item names like "items\weapons\primary\braton\desc".

 

Doesn't sound like 55 tons to me.

 

Now tell me again why I should wait even longer to get some god damn content over here.

Same here. I play Warframe for almost a year now, and I can count on only my one palm the bugs I've encountered.

Makes me wonder, why people out here are complaining about bugs; as if it was a Bethesda's game. My time playing Skyrim didn't exceed 150h, and I've encountered much more bugs than in Warframe, where I recently hit 750h total mark.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)


MAY 21 UPDATE:

Happy Tuesday! We are on track for release this week. We traditionally release Wednesdays or Thursdays - so you can expect Red Text to appear one of those days.... we're very excited, Tenno. The Anticipation!

what is red text?

Edited by Coins609

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coins609 said:


MAY 21 UPDATE:

Happy Tuesday! We are on track for release this week. We traditionally release Wednesdays or Thursdays - so you can expect Red Text to appear one of those days.... we're very excited, Tenno. The Anticipation!

what is red text?

Text with red color.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hexwater said:

Same here. I play Warframe for almost a year now, and I can count on only my one palm the bugs I've encountered.

Makes me wonder, why people out here are complaining about bugs; as if it was a Bethesda's game. My time playing Skyrim didn't exceed 150h, and I've encountered much more bugs than in Warframe, where I recently hit 750h total mark.

Then you two have been lucky. I have played for only 250h and I still have found tons of bugs (e.g. players in my team completely invisible, unlocked door not opening in some missions and so on, cannot list them all also because I never wrote them down and I can't remember all of them). At first, I asked about this or that bug to more experienced players and they answered "don't worry, it's just Bugframe" and after a while I began to understand why they said so.

I have still little experience in this game and I like it very much, but you can't say "there are not many bugs" just because you were lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Text with red color.

where will we see it on our orbiter when we launch the game or somewhere at the forums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...