[DE]Rebecca

Estimated Release: The Jovian Concord

Posted (edited)

wasted too much time while playing 8 waves of ESO...i still dont have the blazing step...

Edited by Flagellum.Dei

cant wait for it to come out content drought sucks

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-05-08 at 10:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

As always, the update be completely free to all Tenno - only costing about 3GB of hard drive space!

Dear DE,

Could you please make file optimization feature not require 20+ GB of free disk space? I've installed this awesome game on my SDD drive (for performance reasons) alongside with OS, however disk space there is very VERY limited. In fact right now I have there exactly 20 GB of free space and I have to use multiple different tools to remove temporary files created by system and browser just to be able to optimize game files. And it looks like soon I won't be able to use optimize feature and will have to reinstall game from scratch after each major update just to keep it in proper shape. The main offender here is file "F.TextureDx9.cache" which takes entire 22 GB of disk space and every time optimization procedure runs it have to write entire new copy of this file before removing the old one.

Could you pelase split it in 4-6 parts to reduce disk cost of optimization feature? I do understand that a single file is a lot better from performance perspective than a folder with a few thousands separate files which it likely stores, but splitting it in 4-6 parts shouldn't affect performance in any significant way.

Or at least let me set separate directory for temporary files on a different drive and use it when there are not enough space on the current one?

Thanks for working on new features in the game, but please look at this issue.

Edited by lainverse
  • Upvote 4

On 2019-05-10 at 4:47 PM, AlpacaCake said:

that's a cosmetic item. It shouldn't be considered "pay to play" because it doesn't enhance or subtract from a frame's use. Also that has nothing to do with this upcoming update so I really don't know why you brought it up

Either everything can be gained for free in-game, or they can't.

I really want fanboys to stop using the "everything in-game is free" lie because it isn't and the meaning of the words doesn't change just because you dont care about the items in question.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Either everything can be gained for free in-game, or they can't.

I really want fanboys to stop using the "everything in-game is free" lie because it isn't and the meaning of the words doesn't change just because you dont care about the items in question.

I don't know who you've been talking to but the idea of a free-to-play is that all in-game content can be accessed via grind. Cosmetics has zero impact on content. You could play the entire game as a Warframe with no armor and still get the exact same experience as someone would have owning an armor set. The people you refer to are either poor at explaining it or you interpreted it differently. Any primed armor sets is considered a bonus to buyers because they're supporting the game in more than just playing the game.

Just now, harbingerofdawn said:

I don't know who you've been talking to but the idea of a free-to-play is that all in-game content can be accessed via grind. Cosmetics has zero impact on content. You could play the entire game as a Warframe with no armor and still get the exact same experience as someone would have owning an armor set. The people you refer to are either poor at explaining it or you interpreted it differently. Any primed armor sets is considered a bonus to buyers because they're supporting the game in more than just playing the game.

Cosmetics are content. Its just not combat-content. And how are you gonna claim that cosmetics have no impact in a game where the whole endgame is summarized as "fashion frame"? Like i said, you can't say that its a completely free game just because you personally dont care about the items. Either everything is free or it isn't. This isn't the US White House, words still mean something here.

1 minute ago, Cyclouros said:

Cosmetics are content. Its just not combat-content. And how are you gonna claim that cosmetics have no impact in a game where the whole endgame is summarized as "fashion frame"? Like i said, you can't say that its a completely free game just because you personally dont care about the items. Either everything is free or it isn't. This isn't the US White House, words still mean something here.

I never said that everything is free. I said the game is a free-to-play. Endgame is decided on the player's preference.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cyclouros said:

Technically everything in the game (with exception for Tennogen items "thanks" to Valve >_<) can be obtained in game for free. The point is that it is not free for everyone. Someone still have to spend real money to buy plat to add it into ecosystem. Others can trade items for plat and spend plat however they wish, though. In comparison to many other f2p games this one is quite fair, I'd say. Majority don't let you trade anything important like good items or "premium" currency and Warframe is a nice exception. It still not really free to play as for everyone and on that I agree, but for majority it is.

I do agree that in perfect f2p everything should be obtainable in-game and shouldn't take eternity at that and that "cosmetic" items are the same content as everything else (and actually do affect satisfaction from the game quite noticeably), but we ain't living in the perfect world yet. 😕

Edited by lainverse

Posted (edited)

So new Elite Weekly is to do 3 sorties, will the update be after sortie reset? Cause I really need this 5000 exp to get my umbra forma. Already did one sortie today before nightwave reset... So wednesday is my last chance.

Edited by --Sleed--

7 hours ago, lainverse said:

Technically everything in the game (with exception for Tennogen items "thanks" to Valve >_<) can be obtained in game for free. The point is that it is not free for everyone. Someone still have to spend real money to buy plat to add it into ecosystem. Others can trade items for plat and spend plat however they wish, though. In comparison to many other f2p games this one is quite fair, I'd say. Majority don't let you trade anything important like good items or "premium" currency and Warframe is a nice exception. It still not really free to play as for everyone and on that I agree, but for majority it is.

I do agree that in perfect f2p everything should be obtainable in-game and shouldn't take eternity at that and that "cosmetic" items are the same content as everything else (and actually do affect satisfaction from the game quite noticeably), but we ain't living in the perfect world yet. 😕

So about those prime armours and stuff that we were discussing, how do you get those in game for free?

On 2019-05-10 at 3:31 AM, Rankii said:

Nothing. But the phrase "As usual it will be free" implies that there'd be any reason to not think it were free in this free2play game. With the news about microtransactions, i wonder if warframe would shoot itself in the foot by going with a pay2play or subscription model. 

Considering they've lasted 6 years without doing so, and have had many years being owned by a Chinese company (like Epic), and yet they still haven't introduced something similar to that, I think it's safe to say we won't be getting that.

Great to know, thanks for the update guys!

But are you ever going to fix the 'No Wind' bug some people have been having? It seems to have popped up around the time of the Plains remaster.

• Applause 1

4 hours ago, Dopekoke said:

new update when or at least a new time table please

Maybe tomorrow or on primetime...

7 hours ago, Dopekoke said:

new update when or at least a new time table please

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Maybe tomorrow or on primetime...

It often comes out on friday. 

52 minutes ago, Blake666 said:

It often comes out on friday. 

no it doesn't. They stopped doing Friday releases after the disaster of Beasts of the Sanctuary. Releasing on friday means that the devs have to work on the weekends and its a hell of a lot more stressful

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

At this point, I just want them to come in and say "not today", so I can at least stop refreshing their twitter+website.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Auranim:

At this point, I just want them to come in and say "not today", so I can at least stop refreshing their twitter+website.

Right there with ya.

At this point I just want them to release Wisp, no matter how broken she is. I need content, damn it!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Right there with ya.

At this point I just want them to release Wisp, no matter how broken she is. I need content, damn it!

I just hope the assets are not broken, but seriously the wait is killing me.

any news yet..? the content drought is horrible

1 hour ago, Jivy said:

any news yet..? the content drought is horrible

Don't think so. 😞

1 minute ago, Yousho said:

Don't think so. 😞

damn it DE..

il y a une heure, GentleCrab a dit :

The drought is killing me 😞

The sun is shining, and i am sure you have work to do.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

24 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

The sun is shining, and i am sure you have work to do.

nope work starts tomorrow done all my work

• Upvote 1