[DE]Rebecca

Estimated Release: The Jovian Concord

On 2019-05-08 at 3:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

MAY 15 UPDATE:

Good afternoon, Tenno! We are looking at our current dev build and trying to give a realistic estimation for everyone waiting on PC. We know it's not going to be today, but the question remains of: "will we manage this week?", or "is next week more realistic?". We'll give you the facts and our estimate so you can weigh the likelihood for yourself:
- It's a mainline, which means it's big and the build process is a bit different. We have about an 8 hour minimum for the final build turnover this week.
- We are refining some final changes to the Disruption game mode based on feedback.
- We are polishing some pretty badass moments for a certain Boss Fight.
- Finishing up some new dialog for a certain Boss Fight.

We honestly are hoping to wrap it up and ship it this week, but we wanted to give you a status update. We'll keep the updates on the update coming!
We checked if there's anything you can do to prepare for the Jovian Concord - and there's a few ways depending on where you are in Warframe:
- For Competitive Clans: We will be launching with an Operation that will host Clan Leaderboards. Make sure your roster is set - new members who join after the event will not count!
- For players who have not completed Chimera... it will be required for a certain Boss Fight.

Cheers and stay tuned!

New information!

• Like 29
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Le 08/05/2019 à 9:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

MAY 15 UPDATE:

Good afternoon, Tenno! We are looking at our current dev build and trying to give a realistic estimation for everyone waiting on PC. We know it's not going to be today, but the question remains of: "will we manage this week?", or "is next week more realistic?". We'll give you the facts and our estimate so you can weigh the likelihood for yourself:
- It's a mainline, which means it's big and the build process is a bit different. We have about an 8 hour minimum for the final build turnover this week.
- We are refining some final changes to the Disruption game mode based on feedback.

We honestly are hoping to wrap it up and ship it this week, but we wanted to give you a status update. We'll keep the updates on the update coming!
We checked if there's anything you can do to prepare for the Jovian Concord - and there's a few ways depending on where you are in Warframe:
- For Competitive Clans: We will be launching with an Operation that will host Clan Leaderboards. Make sure your roster is set - new members who join after the event will not count!
- For players who have not completed Chimera... it will be required for a certain Boss Fight.

Cheers and stay tuned!

Good Luck @[DE]Rebeccaand everyone!!!

14 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

New information!

The way you keep saying "A certian boss fight" is starting to get suspicious..I mean, everybody *thinks* they know what it is anyway, but sounds like y'all about to turn around and say "Surprise! It's actually Clem prime!" 

• Haha 3

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎08 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

MAY 15 UPDATE:

Cheers and stay tuned!

Understood!

Hope it's ready soon, but I understand it's a serious thing you're working on with this.

On 2019-05-08 at 4:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Is it just a progression thing or will Paracesis finally see some action? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

New information!

While this new information does bring me down a little (having The War Within flashbacks), I send you all my energy and hope to see the update out this week!

Edited by Roominashum

il y a 17 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

New information!

Hm, so if I got this right, you need at least 8 hours of work before any kind of build plus some non time estimated works, this means not tomorrow or very LATE tomorrow at best, and more sounding like it's gonna be extremly late on friday or even not this week.

No nightwave next week, maybe still have to wait the update on monday... What will I do !? Haaaa ! I need my orders ! Ordis tell me which world I should anihilate ! *wait wat ?*

I'm impatient to see all the content from that update !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Caliboom said:

Other game companies: Says the exact date on which there'll be an update, and releases the game on that date without delaying it, with nearly no bugs.

DE: "Eeeh, we'll maybe release it next week". Ends up delaying it to the week after, and when it's released, it ends up having a ton of bugs.

If you believe this, you clearly haven't played a "AAA" game in the past 3-5 years.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for the update Rebb. If it needs to be next week so be it, don't overwork to hell please.

A bit bummed because I wanted my Emissive fix already though 😛 Oh well, I got exams to keep me distracted 😄

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

...what is Chimera?

Go visit your Personal Quarters after completing the Sacrifice.

If you've not got Personal Quarters, Build them, there should be a module in your foundry.

If there isn't, beat Chains of Harrow.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

You know, Chimera Prologue. Where it continues The Sacrifice, even if it's a single scene?

Oh, that thing with dodging Ballas' stinkeye. Okay, yeah, I'd forgotten all about that. 

(If it is not clear, I am not particularly big on the Lore...I mostly just shoot things. I didn't realize that sequence had a name.)

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Hm, so if I got this right, you need at least 8 hours of work before any kind of build plus some non time estimated works.

Specifically, after the update is done by the devs it needs to be "baked" for about eight hours by a special server that makes so it can be distributed to the players.  

vor 41 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Can y'all at least release Wisp then? We're dying here.

Heck, even if she's market-only, please.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

Specifically, after the update is done by the devs it needs to be "baked" for about eight hours by a special server that makes so it can be distributed to the players.  

Fun fact - this was actually the cause of many of both Destiny's problems.

The process they used during development caused it to take even longer on even small changes - sometimes 12-ish hours. This lead to Destiny's famously barebones content.

No idea whether they've fixed this now or for the rumoured Destiny 3.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-12 at 6:52 PM, lainverse said:

Technically everything in the game (with exception for Tennogen items "thanks" to Valve >_<) can be obtained in game for free.

There are many cosmetic items that can only be purchased with money. Most of them are Prime Accessories, like the Edo Prime armour set, Aberra Prime syandana, or Liset Prime Landing Craft skin. These cannot be purchased with platinum, but are redeemed as real-money transactions on the Warframe site. There are other promotional items like the Twitch Prime and Discord Nitro bundles that are only available if you have subscriptions to those services. Potentially free, but some people will still have to spend money to get them (if they're not eligible for free trials or live in countries where it's not available).

42 минуты назад, Shaneofthedead сказал:

If you believe this, you clearly haven't played a "AAA" game in the past 3-5 years.

looking at path of exile - every 3-4 month huge expansions, and only one of them was delayed...so...why not? and people are ready for the start,being sure about date. Maybe its not THAT hard?;)

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1