Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "human" in the Warframe cryocapsule.

celesari

In defense missions are not warframes in the warframe cryopods. Why? Warframe is such a great game, the developers should fix this detail and put a warframe in the cryopods! I mean, it just dont make sense that a opertive of the lotus is in there. DE should simply replace the dude in there with a warframe, such as loki or nyx, where it would make sense of the lore here.

Edited by celesari
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, celesari said:

In defense missions are not warframes in the warframe cryopods. Why? Warframe is such a great game, the developers should fix this detail and put a warframe in the cryopods!

Because there is much more to the game than the warframes even for the Tenno

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, celesari said:

In defense missions are not warframes in the warframe cryopods. Why? Warframe is such a great game, the developers should fix this detail and put a warframe in the cryopods!

Yeah I've asked this question before too and from the responses I got its more or less a detail DE never bothered to update which I wish they would for immersion reasons.

It's just some Lotus agent.  Always had been.  "Warframe" cryopod is a poor name, but clear one that says "defend this" without a way marker.

I mean hell, the first quest of the game shows us even our hodunk warframes were locked away in a pretty gilded looking place, not some random gray tube that could pass for Corpus tech.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

... I always assumed it was some sort of foundation to warframe construction. Like, you have the "base" human skeleton/form/whatever, and then assemble the three additional parts (chassis/systems/neuroptics) and put them on top. We've seen in Orokin defense missions that they're inside those far more opulent casings you emerge from in the very start of the game, so it's probable that Corpus/Grineer have managed to snatch these inactive Warframe foundations from their original containers and are in the process of transporting them/taking them apart to figure out how they work and engineer a proper countermeasure to our pretty overpowered assaults. Knowing Corpus, they might even be sold to Grineer (for absurd fees) or dumped in infested-rich areas (for some wild experimentation, probably), hence maybe why the pod always looks the same outside Orokin tilesets. And considering some... spoiler-y facts about Warframe construction, they probably have to be flash-frozen until fully kitted out with Warframe parts to prevent.. unpleasant things happening, or organic parts inside rotting away.

This is what I tell myself, anyway. I've sort of formed a habit of tying up loose ends in plots I enjoy. 😛

• Like 4

Bondage Bob is just helping the Tenno by testing their cryopods to make sure they still work.  You know, just in case the Tenno decide to table-flip the entire solar system and then hide under a rock for another thousand years or so.  😄  At least he looks better than Naked Nick.  Although Naked Nick looked so weird (and the lore was so sketch at the time) that a lot of people assumed he was some kind of proto-form Warframe or something.  Inspired I guess by the Transformers lore that they sometimes reporduce by making blank proto-form bodies, then doing "some special thing" that causes them to develop a personality and form when they first activate.  Bondage Bob clearly isn't anything of the sort.  Maybe he just enjoys being locked in a box and waiting for the Tenno to rescue him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, celesari said:

it just dont make sense that a opertive of the lotus is in there

Why not?

3 hours ago, celesari said:

where it would make sense of the lore here.

The lore consisting entirely of the name of the object? They would sooner rename it to just Cryopod than have to change the model.

• Like 5

I wish Defense missions got an overhaul to be a little more interesting than 'sit on a point and shoot......make them move, and I dont mean in a circle to 4 of the exact same points inside of a small cave, like on Uranus....

Agreed. IMPO they just need to make it a Cryopod or swap it out with something vital.

On Mercury/Asteroid Tilesets we sometimes have a giant reactor to defend.
Sometimes the Corpus tileset defense is a relic or some techno-tower like thing.
Uranus recently got the Cloning Vat poison or whatever that capsule is.

The Cyropod needs to be updated to either:
A. A true cyropod with no windows for players to look in from (think Second Dream's reservoir)
B. A collection of vital supplies: Infestation Anti-Body containers, Food & Water for the Colonies, a downed shuttle filled with survivors, etc
C. A bomb (for Hydron/Defense missions INSIDE an enemy base)

I wish DE would spare 1 artist to redesign the Defense objectives.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, KnightCole said:

I wish Defense missions got an overhaul to be a little more interesting than 'sit on a point and shoot......make them move, and I dont mean in a circle to 4 of the exact same points inside of a small cave, like on Uranus....

Have you not played Sortie Defense?

11 hours ago, Vaz2017 said:

It is called a warframe cryopod, so there ought to be a (randomized?) warframe in it.

Alternatively, name it something else.

This is what should be done. We already have proof in game that many warframes are not unique.

I feel like this would be a quick fix too  but they would rather leave the overused human model that is already located in a thousand other places.

5 hours ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Would agree that some visual update would be cool, but for now, remember to keep the noise to a minimum. Getting out of cryostasis is hard as it is, we don't need to stress the poor soul even further. Found this on the internets:

revq3krv8am21.png

That Hydroid at the end absolutely killed me

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb TheGoodDarius:

At a certain point in time, there was a generic Excalibur in the capsule, then he was changed to bondage guy that we have nowadays

It makes me wonder why they all wear those tight suits anyway.

I guess typical future clothing cliche.

And yes in space i guess it makes sense but most the time the face is not fully covered, making it pointless again.

Cetus and Fortuna seem more "normal" then those guys in the pods nad relaise.

6 hours ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Would agree that some visual update would be cool, but for now, remember to keep the noise to a minimum. Getting out of cryostasis is hard as it is, we don't need to stress the poor soul even further. Found this on the internets:

revq3krv8am21.png

Brilliant and so true. Love the operator in the background, makes it even better lol. 

Though I wish embers ability was as good as that. 

• Like 1