Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celesari

The "human" in the Warframe cryocapsule.

Recommended Posts

It's Bandage Bob, the son of Nick Naked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-09 at 2:26 AM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

 

Have you not played Sortie Defense?

 

No, but I cant imagine its anything but a cryo pod in 2-3 different areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KnightCole said:

No, but I cant imagine its anything but a cryo pod in 2-3 different areas. 

It's a living, walking, talking, hootin', shootin' lotus agent. Arbitrations follow the same concept.

I dont think it is odd that it is called a "Warframe cryocapsule". It is probably a lotus agent that simply hasnt awoken yet, so the capsule is used to house him as he controls a frame. The corpus or grineer have simply stolen him, disconnected him from his frame and are about to start running experiments on him.

edit: It can also be as simple as a capsule intended to hold frames, but the faction in question have simply locked up a lotus agent in it instead because they had no prison cell available at the location when they caught him. So he got placed in that while awaiting transfer to an actual prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On topic for this, but I've always held the theory that Warframe Cryopods are just humans put in there for Helminth to infest for our Warframe construction. Each one that we rescue we really just doom to eventually be used for making new Warframe's.

Chassis, Neuroptics and Systems all go on the person in the Cryopod and they're infested by the Helminth, giving the desired 'frame as the result of the Systems, Neuroptics and Chassis' influence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AnOldAlias said:

On topic for this, but I've always held the theory that Warframe Cryopods are just humans put in there for Helminth to infest for our Warframe construction. Each one that we rescue we really just doom to eventually be used for making new Warframe's.

Chassis, Neuroptics and Systems all go on the person in the Cryopod and they're infested by the Helminth, giving the desired 'frame as the result of the Systems, Neuroptics and Chassis' influence.

That would only make sense if the pods were from the ancient orokin era. Living meatbags were only used in a few experiments at first, aswell as when they made the thing that turned into Umbra, but that was just special punishment really. The rest were just meatbags without a human host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-08 at 4:56 PM, Lost_Cartographer said:

It's just some Lotus agent.  Always had been.  "Warframe" cryopod is a poor name, but clear one that says "defend this" without a way marker.

I mean hell, the first quest of the game shows us even our hodunk warframes were locked away in a pretty gilded looking place, not some random gray tube that could pass for Corpus tech.

So true. I wish we could go back to visit it. Explore more of the first mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KnightCole said:

No, but I cant imagine its anything but a cryo pod in 2-3 different areas. 

Don't take this the wrong way but...

You should read to the end of a book before judging the story... and should play further into the game before judging it, as well.  If you've not yet made it to Sorties, you've still got ALOT to experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Don't take this the wrong way but...

You should read to the end of a book before judging the story... and should play further into the game before judging it, as well.  If you've not yet made it to Sorties, you've still got ALOT to experience.

Ive made it to sorties, I just opt to not play sorties most the time, since for the most part, the rewards are not worth the effort.  Though, to be fair, ive gotten a riven in my last 4, guess they changed something.  Ive got like 850 hours in this game, or something around there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a special human lookalike Warframe for conducting espionage in Orokin offices. Why not? There are lots of seemingly human entities in our game that we know are not human now! And it's got some James Bond abilities for sure ... built into its body... There are lots of hazards in Orokin spaces. Mysterious hidden buttons, decorative lasers, Tenno flypaper, the usual... Imagine running to the bathroom, and all of a sudden, the floor pops up and wham, your face meets reactor/control panel/tech thingy that popped out of the floor! Silly Orokin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-09 at 7:26 AM, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

That Hydroid at the end absolutely killed me

Me too. I love all the chaos in the background. It's frighteningly authentic. Especially the Madurai naval laser in the background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Ive made it to sorties, I just opt to not play sorties most the time, since for the most part, the rewards are not worth the effort.  Though, to be fair, ive gotten a riven in my last 4, guess they changed something.  Ive got like 850 hours in this game, or something around there.

 My point stands... You've not engaged with the content, but you're judging the game as if you know everything about what it contains.  You clearly weren't aware of Sortie and Arbitration Defense missions... So you think it's fair to judge something without all the facts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It's a living, walking, talking, hootin', shootin' lotus agent. Arbitrations follow the same concept.

I dont think it is odd that it is called a "Warframe cryocapsule". It is probably a lotus agent that simply hasnt awoken yet, so the capsule is used to house him as he controls a frame. The corpus or grineer have simply stolen him, disconnected him from his frame and are about to start running experiments on him.

edit: It can also be as simple as a capsule intended to hold frames, but the faction in question have simply locked up a lotus agent in it instead because they had no prison cell available at the location when they caught him. So he got placed in that while awaiting transfer to an actual prison.

The Tenno are the ones to control the frames though, that operative is the same model as the ones on relays as part of the Tenno faction, not a Tenno himself. The name Warframe Cryopod is still misleading and it would make more sense in lore for there to just be an actual random warframe in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there's a quest later on that explains why.

go through the starmap and unlock everything up to Sedna Junction, Make sure you've done "Second Dream", "War Within" and "Chains of Harrow".

Then one called "The Sacrifice" should be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-09 at 7:49 AM, PurrrningBoop said:

 

Would agree that some visual update would be cool, but for now, remember to keep the noise to a minimum. Getting out of cryostasis is hard as it is, we don't need to stress the poor soul even further. Found this on the internets:

revq3krv8am21.png

That. Is. Fantastic! :crylaugh: :clap:

I always wonder about these poor souls we rescue in Defection & Rescue missions and how they must feel on seeing these disfigured monstrosities, sent to save them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

disfigured monstrosities

how dare you sir, I shall let you know that my fashion frame is indubitably exquisite 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are lotus agents asleep in cryo pods anyway? 

Come to think of it, how does she even have agents that arent tenno? It just sort of happened without any real introduction, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-08 at 10:23 PM, Yousho said:

I believe they are human "volunteers" to *make* Warframes out of. 

They're probably all made by sitting somebody in the helminth chair. 

That actually could use clarification. Do we build Warframes out of biomass from the blueprints of the sacrificed humans? Or, do we recreate the sacrifice to make Warframes. The Helmith room certainly looks ready to do just that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep playing and then once you get more info, then come back and tell us what you think.

I will say this- When Stalker was just Stalker and I was new to WARFRAME, during the Defense missions he would rise out of the Defense Target which was (and still) is a hint of things as well as awe inspiring. To see the dark flashes, then the message, then trying to figure out where he is going to materialize as you protect the Warframe Pod.....just to have him appear right behind you coming out if it.

As for the reason there is not a Warframe in it.....which should it be?

We all wake up in 1 of 3. There are no Prime ones. And if you go to the Derelict, you will see so many pods that it canno have a Warframe in all of them as how would you know if you have enough of one or the other. We need a Chroma.....well, all these pods are Excal. We might have some Chroma on back order or in another ship ....

Also, some time when the relays first came out, if you INSPECTED the "agents" there....it said HOSTAGE. I tried to see if anyone else ever seen this but nobody else did. Which reminds me.....should go put this in that other thread.

Keep playing and the answers will come with more questions....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...