Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When you claim there's some kind of "content drought"...

Vaz2017

Do you want to give your own opinion, so we can actually discuss? Just posting a link is not really a good start for a discussion, even more so if you don't even give a brief description of the content of the link

• Like 2

This is a really tricky subject. Many players want "content", but old games had feelings of achievement and progression over time. It seems a trend I notice is people just want "stuff". I am not saying the Darth Vader EA thing was justified at all. That was a horrid marketing scheme. However, wanting content in a game like Warframe while also complaining drop chances are too low and things take too long to get is just backwards...

Edited by Voltage

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

as someone who plays pc/xb1/switch ive experienced the drought in different ways

but overall i do feel a sense of longing for something new, a weapon or even just a new frame 

And lo behold, a new frame and new weapons (liek 5 of them) are coming next week.

Well, its unfortunate that demand... well... demands the supply. And if supply is not delivered - the demanders will go somewhere else, because that's how free market works.

No video game can be played forever, yet that's exactly that these "live service" games are trying to achieve. But they can't achieve that without constantly adding new content.
And if they won't do quickly and efficiently enough - the potential players will just move on to another live service game. And here's the thing about live-serivce games: they are time consuming and players don't have infinite time to play infinite number of live service games. They have to pick a couple of favorites and focus primarily on them while forgoing all others... Until the original favorites dry out and become replaced by something new and fresh.

There are 2 solutions to this problem: player side and developer side.

• Developer side: increase the efficiency of content production. Create shortcuts to create "new" content ASAP, have multiple packs of content cooking simultaneously, maybe even shedule them like YouTubers shedule their videos while they're away.
  • Player side: increased loyalty to their live-service of choice. Patience as well, but that's a personal trait and saying to people "just be more patient" is not going to help. So we have to focus on loyalty... And i have no idea how to aprroach that. How do you cultivate loyalty? How do you make sure players stay with your game even when there's nothing left to do?

My personal experience with content droughts is simple: i play warframe in bursts. For the most part: i became apathic to it and just check in to get daily tribute and not even play anything because i can't be bothered, and in that time i play other games instead.
But once there's enough things to do, like a new update which adds new X,Y and Z to grind - i suddenly become obsessed again, brute-force the entire thing in a week or two and then back to passive apathy. Rinse repeat every couple of months.

A big part of it that im baasically a veteran and i've grinded everything there is to gring so i really have no OBJECTIVE reason to play anymore.
Maybe focus grinding by eidolon hunting, but i kinda lost grip on that. Maybe it'll come back at some point... It wouldn't be so problematic if i didn't had to time my logins right to catch the night, that's mostly the part that's too bothersome for me so i just abandoned it all together.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

The solution is simple. Put down the mouse/controller/etc and go outside.

If you are experiencing content drought, its a sign you are playing too much Warframe. And not by a little bit.

I, personally, am experiencing extreme content drought. 😝

Absolutely not. There is no reason whatsoever why I should expect to eventually get bored if I do the same thing over and over again obsessively, day in and day out.

45 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Developer side: increase the efficiency of content production. Create shortcuts to create "new" content ASAP, have multiple packs of content cooking simultaneously, maybe even shedule them like YouTubers shedule their videos while they're away.

That's impossible because having "multiple packs" of content cooking will... well require multiple teams working on different content. Which means increase costs for development because you have more hands on deck. And shortcuts can only go so far until the developers add something completely new for the players for example; Plains of Eidolon which required and introduced a whole new set of mechanics and the length of time it took to implement them, all quests require adding new stuff like motion captures etc etc. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is, there can be no shortcut when you're developing new content.

I had to stop playing my usual sweaty 12+ hours/day since Christmas and now I'm a total noob! Last night I spent like an hour and a half meticulously plotting out everything I need to do or get in regards to mastery rank, Fortuna, and Nightwave. 4 hand-written pages (back and front) of checklists in, I realized that it will take me more than a month. I'm quite frankly overwhelmed and in admirable awe at how much devs have added to and/or changed in the game! A little break goes a long way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

This is a really tricky subject. Many players want "content", but old games had feelings of achievement and progression over time. It seems a trend I notice is people just want "stuff". I am not saying the Darth Vader EA thing was justified at all. That was a horrid marketing scheme. However, wanting content in a game like Warframe while also complaining drop chances are too low and things take too long to get is just backwards...

This is a perfect post, dont like saying this but theres a lot of players out there that maybe shouldent gotten into games like warframe in generall.