Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It`s the Endgame of Warframe to create new threads about the endgame?

Regiaz20

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

It's the flavor of the week. People can't think for themselves, so they just repeat whatever someone popular (youtuber likely) said, in the vain hope that will make them cool too.

'of the week'.

It's might be more popular right now, but I've found threads about stuff like it going back to 2013. This is not a new topic.

• Like 4

Just now, Loza03 said:

'of the week'.

It's might be more popular right now, but I've found threads about stuff like it going back to 2013. This is not a new topic.

Yeah, but as I said, people keep regurgitating what's popular. There's this video that's been making the rounds (something with "It's getting worse" in the thumbnail), guess what prompted these threads to happen. Before that people were complaining about arbies. I imagine a youtuber made a video on that same exact topic too. Flavor of the week, as I said.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

'of the week'.

As someone from that time, yes. We wondered about Warframe's potential endgame back in Q4 2012 already.

1 minute ago, moostar95 said:

or  putting up with elitist vets who think the game is perfect every step of the way. 

I'm neither a vet, nor do I think the game is perfect, but if it's keeping players for thousands of hours it must be doing something right and while some of the negativity is deserved, the actual amount of it does not do justice to the actual situation.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, but as I said, people keep regurgitating what's popular. There's this video that's been making the rounds (something with "It's getting worse" in the thumbnail), guess what prompted these threads to happen. Before that people were complaining about arbies. I imagine a youtuber made a video on that same exact topic too. Flavor of the week, as I said.

Arbies were because they received attention from DE, so they were in the spotlight.

Things getting attention cause it to get more attention. That's how the human psyche works. That doesn't mean those topics don't deserve to be talked about, especially if they're apt - like Warframe's issues. Instead of whining about how the human brains work (because nothing will come of that), either just ignore it or participate in the discussion.

1 hour ago, Ced23Ric said:

As someone from that time, yes. We wondered about Warframe's potential endgame back in Q4 2012 already.

I don't know whether that's encouraging or discouraging.

Still, thanks for confirming. 

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Arbies were because they received attention from DE, so they were in the spotlight.

Things getting attention cause it to get more attention. That's how the human psyche works. That doesn't mean those topics don't deserve to be talked about, especially if they're apt - like Warframe's issues. Instead of whining about how the human brains work (because nothing will come of that), either just ignore it or participate in the discussion.

Eh, I'd rather complain about the sheep, to be honest. Participating in the discussion will get me booed out of the room, since my view is apparently too contrarian to what the masses "believe" (aka regurgitate), so I may well just take the p*ss out of that, since anything else will get me nowhere.

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

It's the flavor of the week. People can't think for themselves, so they just repeat whatever someone popular (youtuber likely) said, in the vain hope that will make them cool too.

Or maybe it is because people have said it for years and just now the partners are putting a shine upon it. I started Warframe in 2016 and I still don't know what you are supposed to do as "Endgame", because nothing fits the standarts set by other RPG games. The closest thing is Eidolon Hunts, but unfortunately nothing else.

Edited by Highresist

3 minutes ago, Highresist said:

Or maybe it is because people have said it for years and just now the partners are putting a shine upon it. I started Warframe in 2016 and I still don't know what you are supposed to do as "Endgame", because nothing fits the standarts set by other RPG games. The closest thing is Eidolon Hunts, but unfortunately nothing else.

That's what makes the game great to me. No repeat this mission type ad nauseam, no sticking to this certain build path or you're screwed, no limitations like that. I worked hard for 3500+ hours to become a god, now I'm gonna reap the rewards and enjoy the feeling of everyone dropping dead if I as much as glance their way. That's my endgame. Being a god. Exercising the powers that I worked hard to earn. Doing stuff that I find fun, on my own time. No paths to constrict me, no enemies to stand up against me, no nothing. Just me, the canon fodder, and a world of infinite possibilities.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Eh, I'd rather complain about the sheep, to be honest. Participating in the discussion will get me booed out of the room, since my view is apparently too contrarian to what the masses "believe" (aka regurgitate), so I may well just take the p*ss out of that, since anything else will get me nowhere.

I'm an advocate for more ability-resistant enemies. Last time I checked, that's not the popular opinion, quite the opposite. And I generally get good responses - both positive and negative feedback presented in a well-thought-out manner.

Just now, Loza03 said:

I'm an advocate for more ability-resistant enemies. Last time I checked, that's not the popular opinion, quite the opposite. And I generally get good responses - both positive and negative feedback presented in a well-thought-out manner.

I'm an advocate of Warframe being a power fantasy, like it has been since release. People tell me to p*ss off.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

That's what makes the game great to me. No repeat this mission type ad nauseam, no sticking to this certain build path or you're screwed, no limitations like that. I worked hard for 3500+ hours to become a god, now I'm gonna reap the rewards and enjoy the feeling of everyone dropping dead if I as much as glance their way. That's my endgame. Being a god. Exercising the powers that I worked hard to earn. Doing stuff that I find fun, on my own time. No paths to constrict me, no enemies to stand up against me, no nothing. Just me, the canon fodder, and a world of infinite possibilities.

You can still do that even if there is a dificulty that can put a test on your best setup. Or do you want to have "poweroverwhelming" because you have spent 3500 hours without a single option of further progression? All I'm sayting is that this topic is very old, there are lot of people who have complained about it in the past, but were shut down by players like you who don't want to listen and don't want any changes and I'm glad that popular streamers and youtubers finally got bored and want something more out of the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

I'm an advocate of Warframe being a power fantasy, like it has been since release. People tell me to p*ss off.

Interestingly, that is likely to be a very popular opinion. In general 'no change' (i.e. Warframe has no endgame, continues to be a 'everything around you dies' game) is usually more popular than change. People also generally don't actively request things to stay the same as it's assumed it will be, unless something questions that, which is why you don't see it as much on the forums.

If it isn't the popular opinion, well, then something is probably seriously wrong enough for a general trait of the human condition to be overridden and for people to demand change en-masse.

1 minute ago, Highresist said:

You can still do that even if there is a dificulty that can put a test on your best setup. Or do you want to have "poweroverwhelming" because you have spent 3500 hours without a single option of further progression? All I'm sayting is that this topic is very old, there are lot of people who have complained about it in the past, but were shut down by players like you who don't want to listen and don't want any changes and I'm glad that popular streamers and youtubers finally got bored and want something more out of the game.

3500 hours is more than enough progression, don't you think? I went through the phase of being weak, now I'm strong, and I have every right to enjoy it without some schmup who shouldn't survive a fingerpoke survive 3 opticor clips to the face.

As or youtubers and streamers, they can go play other game is they don't like it. It's not like most of them will return if their complaints are met anyway. They join in, complain a bit, then go play the hot new thing, and leave us to deal with the damage they've created. Those guys are more incompetent than the people on this forum. They come in, expecting Warframe to be Game X, and when they realize that Warframe is Warframe, and not Game X, they complain that it ain't Game X. And DE, in all their incompetent wisdom, appeases them, which is why Warframe is this chimera of broken content and half-assed ideas. Cause DE tries to appease every single schmuck with 10k+ viewers who makes a video, instead of sticking to their guns and creative vision.

28 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

3500 hours is more than enough progression, don't you think? I went through the phase of being weak, now I'm strong, and I have every right to enjoy it without some schmup who shouldn't survive a fingerpoke survive 3 opticor clips to the face.

As or youtubers and streamers, they can go play other game is they don't like it. It's not like most of them will return if their complaints are met anyway. They join in, complain a bit, then go play the hot new thing, and leave us to deal with the damage they've created. Those guys are more incompetent than the people on this forum. They come in, expecting Warframe to be Game X, and when they realize that Warframe is Warframe, and not Game X, they complain that it ain't Game X. And DE, in all their incompetent wisdom, appeases them, which is why Warframe is this chimera of broken content and half-assed ideas. Cause DE tries to appease every single schmuck with 10k+ viewers who makes a video, instead of sticking to their guns and creative vision.

You sound very upset for some reason and refuce to aknowledge that there could be balance between power fantacy and good challenging and rewarding endgame.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I hate to break it to you, but their creative vision doesn't seem to be what you think it is. The proof-of-concept trailer has the player character mostly running away from enemies or sneaking around, only taking on groups of one or two in a straight fight. Considering elements like the Stalker, the Sentients and Railjack's tactical components (Railjack having explicitly been said more than once to be a culmination of DE's creative vision for Warframe), it would not surprise me if it turned out that challenge and tactical components are a major part of DE's vision for the game.

• Like 5