Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It`s the Endgame of Warframe to create new threads about the endgame?

Regiaz20

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Yeah - meta-complaining is not allowed. Mods lock those kind of threads. :wink:

Still, it is hilarious.

I mean, they've played the game for years / 1,000s of hours and know exactly what kind of game Warframe is. They've watched the game grow over the years and know DE have not planned any kind of super-challenging endgame content, where they can show off how cheesy their gear is awesomely skilful they are. Yet even years later, they still expect the devs to miraculously produce this content...which, by the way, nobody can seem to agree on what it should be (several failed attempts later)...

And they continue to fill the forum with complaint / endgame threads, despite DE talking about difficulty scaling in the last two dev streams. They recognise this is an issue and they have said they don't want the game to become a "1-button ability spam" for veterans....BUT they have also said this is easier said than done and asked the community to be patient while they figure out a solution.

And that's the thing. Nobody seems to agree on what "challenging" should mean and many of the common ways of making video games "hard" either wouldn't work because of warframes fundamental gameplay mechanics, or, would require de to basically scrap the entire gameplay "burger" and start over.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

As I pointed out A: you can surpass that normal in DMC and any skill-based game, and B: that's not a good definition of power fantasy because almost nothing actually fits that bill, not even the designers intent for Warframe. My definition is this:

A power fantasy is where the protagonist/s, particularly when they serve as a reader expy, role model or avatar, are significantly more competent and/or influential than the individual consuming the relevant media, intended to vicariously empower the consumer in some fashion.

To me "power fantasy" is much more simple. The fantasy of being powerful. That's it.

I LIKE feeling "overpowered" in this game and I think the "debate", and by debate I mostly mean salt, is completely unnecessary.

People don't need to use maxed out primed mods. People dont need to use arcanes. People dont need to use loadouts involving over 20 forma (not that forma measures power necessarily, but you get the point) and then either roll or buy God roll cheese rivens on top of that and then use cheesey tactics and then turn around and say the game is too easy.

But they do it anyway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

It's the flavor of the week. People can't think for themselves, so they just repeat whatever someone popular (youtuber likely) said, in the vain hope that will make them cool too.

Imagine being this arrogant and thinking people are sheep

Are you 4?

4 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Imagine being this arrogant and thinking people are sheep

Are you 4?

Can you prove me otherwise? I saw 7 threads of the exact same video in less than 24 hours a few days ago. Most of them had very, if any words written to provide their own opinion. That is just regurgitation, and because of that, like it or not, those people are sheep to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Can you prove me otherwise? I saw 7 threads of the exact same video in less than 24 hours a few days ago. Most of them had very, if any words written to provide their own opinion.

Have you actually considered why that is?

Why are those people making those threads in such a manner? 

No actual discussion can go down on these forums because of all the toxic people like you and the white knights just harassing people. So they just info dump threads to try and get some representation to DE doesn't listen to you lot thinking you represent the community in anyway.

It's funny you complain about these threads when they're a symptom of your disease.

1 minute ago, Kimimoto said:

Have you actually considered why that is?

Why are those people making those threads in such a manner? 

No actual discussion can go down on these forums because of all the toxic people like you and the white knights just harassing people. So they just info dump threads to try and get some representation to DE doesn't listen to you lot thinking you represent the community in anyway.

It's funny you complain about these threads when they're a symptom of your disease.

Oh, how cute you are, Mr. Cure. Might wanna apply some of it on yourself though, the toxic sluge's sipping through the cracks.

And no, if they truly wanted a discussion, they'd take the time and put the effort to explain their own thoughts on the video, how that correlates with their own view of the game, how they personally would improve it, and also, be open to accepting criticism of all sorts. Threads that are all "my way or the highway" are not good at creating discussion, instead just bringing out the worst of people. Guess what, people don't think like you do. Meet them at the halfway point and have a discussion, or start throwing toxic sludge at one another. But only one of them gets results.

• Like 1

Just now, Kimimoto said:

What I shouldn't criticize or call this dude out?

If sure you could, if you could do it without sounding like a huge hypocrite.

"Are you 4?" Is not a criticism, its a shallow insult.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

If sure you could, if you could do it without sounding like a huge hypocrite.

"Are you 4?" Is not a criticism, its a shallow insult.

Well when someones being an utter child... This also doesn't make me a hypocrite, nor does the "glass house" saying pertain to hypocrites. 

1 minute ago, Kimimoto said:

Well when someones being an utter child... This also doesn't make me a hypocrite, nor does the "glass house" saying pertain to hypocrites.

You...actually don't know the difference between petty insults and criticism do you?

My deepest condolences.

Also regarding glass houses, here's a link to the Cambridge dictionary with a definition attached

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/people-who-live-in-glass-houses-shouldn-t-throw-stones

"This means that you should not criticize other people for bad qualities in their character that you have yourself."

Using the "Are you 4?" insult is more immature than anything anyone in this thread has said, so yeah overall it is hypocritical.

Good day.

16 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

It's the flavor of the week. People can't think for themselves, so they just repeat whatever someone popular (youtuber likely) said, in the vain hope that will make them cool too.

Flavour of the week that’s lasted for two years 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d argue it’s far more “trendy” to make comments like the one you have here, on literally every thread you’ll find a handful of copy pastes of this.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

7 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

To me "power fantasy" is much more simple. The fantasy of being powerful. That's it.

I LIKE feeling "overpowered" in this game and I think the "debate", and by debate I mostly mean salt, is completely unnecessary.

People don't need to use maxed out primed mods. People dont need to use arcanes. People dont need to use loadouts involving over 20 forma (not that forma measures power necessarily, but you get the point) and then either roll or buy God roll cheese rivens on top of that and then use cheesey tactics and then turn around and say the game is too easy.

But they do it anyway.

Well, power fantasy as just fantasy of being powerful is the practical definition, sure. But that leaves a fair bit to interpretation for a definition.

That being said, I don't think that challenge runs being a stand-in for challenge is a good stand-in for trying to make the games mechanics they best they can be. There's a difference between challenging yourself to not use a system the game is designed around and not using systems because the game has major balancing issues with them.

For me, the best examples of how I would like the game to be balanced are Corinth, Tigris Prime, Exergis and Strun Wraith compared with each other. Each one is a powerful shotgun in one way or another, capable of doing some very serious damage. The possible exception to this is the Corinth, as it is the weakest, but has utility in the form of its CC airburst to cover approaches or deal AoE damage to mooks and sports a fairly fast reload leading to more overall uptime. Tigris Prime comparitively sacrifices usability for massive power, being some of the most single-target damage you can deal before any Warframe buffs (and even more with), but you have downtime whenever you fire a shot of nearly two seconds. Exergis comes in behind in terms of raw power, but does get back some usability with a longer range through its mix of tight spread, low pellet count (more raw damage per pellet) alongside dealing full damage until the point where Tigris has long since dropped to 50% - plus it strips a fifth of a second off its downtime. Lastly, the Strun Wraith gets back much of the usability of the Corinth whilst having comparable power to Tigris (and slightly longer falloff range) due simply to its armour stripping potential, at the cost of having all of its downtime piled on at once.

Each gun is potent, except maybe Corinth, and usable for their own reasons - generally speaking, the more better they are as a workhorse weapon, the weaker they are in terms of raw power. They're also all better in different niche scenarios - Corinth can easily clear out trash mobs with the air burst, Strun Wraith can be built in such a way to greatly capitalise on specific factions as opposed to the other weapons being general-purpose slashers, Exergis's reach advantage lets it perform better in wider spaces and Tigris, obviously, hits ludicrously hard making it a go-to damage dealer for very tough opponents.

That's how I'd like things to be balanced overall, just with more niches and downsides considering how many frames there are and how powerful they are. Hence why I think more interactive abilities with enemies having variable resistances and vulnerabilities would be a perfect fit.