Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Assimilate movement tricks

Stykera

Question

Hey! So, i took a little break from the game and now its hammer time again. One of my most played build was melee Nyx with Assimilate. I would move around rather fast with the help of the final harbinger stance for sword and board. Since the melee changes it is not as fluid to do so anymore. So what weapons and what stance is good for movement with Nyx assmilate now? I do not like Twin Baslok 😄

12 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Stykera said:

Hey! So, i took a little break from the game and now its hammer time again. One of my most played build was melee Nyx with Assimilate. I would move around rather fast with the help of the final harbinger stance for sword and board. Since the melee changes it is not as fluid to do so anymore. So what weapons and what stance is good for movement with Nyx assmilate now? I do not like Twin Baslok 😄

Try shimmering blight for polearms. I can’t say for sure since I don’t have the augment but the pause combo I can consistently pull off to travel long distances in short periods of time. Give it a go, but don’t take my word for it.

I've started using Clashing Forest more with her, the 'not really block' combo covers a lot of ground and the movement's more fluid than Final Harbinger or Brutal Tide.  That seems to hit my sweet spot for 'being able to cover ground faster than a volt can run' and 'not constantly running into walls/off cliffs'. 

Now that we can make VERY fast heavy blades Tempo Royale's also a decent option and you can add in Exodia Hunt, which is pretty good to draw in mobs in a 12m radius to her because of all the slams.  Not quite as fluid but I think easier to control than Final Harbinger or Brutal Tide.

Kiddo mode and Magus Anomaly (especially together) are good with her too.  You can void dash in your bubble (it's fun to void dash ABOVE things so you can do a bubble-slam 🙂 ) and Magus Anomaly really draws them to you (20m radius at full) making travel less of an issue. 

(Hamsterball Nyx is still in my top 3 AFAIK, she's who got me addicted and taught me melee) 

• Like 1

I either use my zaw with clashing forest or use my operator to void dash around to enemies. But beware in a team setting because assimilate is bugged, you will take friendly fire damage when your not supposed to, this can result in you randomly losing all your energy and then dying.

6 hours ago, Stykera said:

Thanks for the tips. So far the one that felt most fluid is the nunchuks. Its not the old Final Harbinger level but still fine.

That one's going to be VERY good once we finish Melee 3.0. The timing aspect of the blazing vortex combo is supposed to be going away so you can trigger it with a key combo and not have it ruined by too much attack speed (There should never be such a thing!) 😉