Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Jackal rework

(NSW)Shilvio

Swaz do la from the Peasant Army.

If assassination missions are to be taken seriously, I suggest reworking the mechanics and signposting to make it feel like a boss fight. The Jackal is the first boss fight I thought was mechanically OK. That being said, here are some ways I would like to see the the mission improved.

Quality of life changes

• Make the enemy physically bigger; bosses should have a presence.

• Highlight limbs based on vulnerability/damage taken
    • Gold/metallic = invincible
    • White = hittable/vulnerable to , as damage is inflicted to it, color changes from white to rust (red/brown)
    • Destroyed =  sparking fx

Changes to damage

• shockwaves deal 20% max shield health’s worth in damage if hitting shields reduced knockback/knockdown

• shockwaves deal 15% max health’s worth in damage if hitting health, full knockback/knockdown

Changes to attack pattern/behavior

• Jackal skitters around (away from our warframes once it takes a certain amount of melee damage to a leg.
    • After each backtrack fire n missiles n = number of times it had to skitter backwards

• Missiles are larger (so we can see the bulkhead) and have health to them such that we can tell they can be shot down.
    • Missiles visibly and audibly explode when destroyed.

• With two legs available, (either both front legs or both hind legs,) Jackal can make directional shock waves. [not just circular ones.]
  • When being attacked from behind, Jackal can kicks with hind legs.
  • When a leg is taken down, and jackal is staggered, it prepares a room sweeping laser. X second charge up. During this time, it is invincible except from melee slam attacks. The laser can be prevented from firing by each person in the party performing a melee slam attack on the laser emitter. Each slam will reduce damage and range of sweep of the laser by 1/n where n = the number of players in squad.

I got some great feedback from DontLook4Phoebe-706 on the Ashisogi Peasants discord channel.

@(PS4)damagerate1 I've finally found a way to voice part of what makes Warframe less game-like than other games. I can enjoy indi games like Iconoclasts and bigger games like Dark Souls for their enemies and boss designs because they have attack patterns to master. I thought the tools to do it are already in Warframe, It's just no-one's compiled it into a cohesive code.